Lost at Void Star.

Kinuubi

So my team got the core and downloaded it before the time ran out. Imps blow the doors to the core and didn't download it. Time ran out for them. We blew the doors at around 1:40 left and they blew the doors at 0:40 left. How did they win?

But he said they did *NOT* download the data core. If team A got the datacore, and team B didn't, seems like A would win no matter what the times were. If that really happened, sounds like a bug to me. But maybe they got it at the very last second, and you didn't realize it? In which case they would win, because, as said above, their time is adjusted to reflect how quick they have to get it in order to win.

Ya that does seems weird,

its normal if the 1st team doesnt get it and the seccond team gets the door really fast it will finish earlyer,

but the contrary is not normal.

Ive seen that also in maps like huttball where the goals were accredited to the wrong team,

like frogdogs score for example and the goals went to worms.

But if i recall the daily credit still went to the winner.

So my team got the core and downloaded it before the time ran out. Imps blow the doors to the core and didn't download it. Time ran out for them. We blew the doors at around 1:40 left and they blew the doors at 0:40 left. How did they win?

You blew the doors with 1:40 remaining out of the full time, they blew the doors with 2:20 remaining of the full time, it won't necessarily report they downloaded the datacore because of the voiceover/announcements lags, especially in VS lately, but chances are, they probably downloaded the core before you did. Soon as they click on the terminal, the warzone ends, so any lag in VO or announcements would just cause such to not initiate, it would just go straight to the end-match VO.

I've had cases where the VO/announcement is lagging more than 10 seconds behind the action in the warzone. It would notify about the bomb being planted on a door, and you look up at the scorecard of the warzone and see 8 seconds remaining on the bomb. That's one of those moments you go.. What the... but then realize they planted 12 seconds ago, the VO/announcement system is just lagging hard lately, seemingly across all warzones and I really can't explain why (it happens in matches even without noticeable lag in the action around you).

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this, but many on my server have noticed the announcement lag.

Edited by Draqsko

Ya that does seems weird,

its normal if the 1st team doesnt get it and the seccond team gets the door really fast it will finish earlyer,

but the contrary is not normal.

Ive seen that also in maps like huttball where the goals were accredited to the wrong team,

like frogdogs score for example and the goals went to worms.

But if i recall the daily credit still went to the winner.

That was a bug with the scorecard, but huttball match tallied correctly. If you looked up at the ceiling in your spawn point, it would show the correct color of your team, yellow = frogdogs, purple = rotworms. And if you looked across to the other team's spawn point, you'd see their color. That was the first clue, looking across the arena and seeing yellow, when the scorecard said you were frogdogs. You knew then that the scorecard bug hit.

And in that particular match of VS, the second team blew the doors 0:40 faster than the first team did. Times in VS work this way, first round you get 7:30 time to get the datacore, if you fail to do so, round 2 starts with 7:30 time to get the datacore as well. If you do get the datacore, round 2 starts with 7:30 minus whatever time you had left. Let's assume his team got the datacore at 1:30 remaining, so they got the datacore in 6 minutes. Round 2 started with 6 minutes, assuming it took 10 seconds to get the core after the doors blew, that means they got the core with 30 seconds remaining, meaning they got it in 5:30.

VS matches are no longer played out to 7:30 for both rounds since people in the second round that had a guaranteed win (they got farther than the first round), would simply proceed no farther than necessary to win (they wouldn't try for the datacore), and just sit there and farm the other team for medals. This is also why they made it so the match ends in the second round as soon as you get past the point that the first team got.

Edited by Draqsko

They were all dead when the doors blew to the core and it shouldn't have mattered when we blew the doors and captured the core a lot quicker than they did. They only had 40 seconds left to download the core and failed. We didn't let them get close to the core. Time ran out and they somehow won.

They were all dead when the doors blew to the core and it shouldn't have mattered when we blew the doors and captured the core a lot quicker than they did. They only had 40 seconds left to download the core and failed. We didn't let them get close to the core. Time ran out and they somehow won.

The timer resets ONLY if the attacking team in round 1 gets the core. The timer becomes your "clear time" because obviously if they got it one second later than your team. Game is over. So they just trim the 7:30 in a down to however long it took for the first attacking time to dowload the core.

You probably don't know this because you haven't seen many cores downloaded. But next time watch how much time people start with. I have seen buggy voidstars where it randomly throws out a victor. But what you are describing is the map working as intended.

Edited by Mookind

The timer resets ONLY if the attacking team in round 1 gets the core. The timer becomes your "clear time" because obviously if they got it one second later than your team. Game is over. So they just trim the 7:30 in a down to however long it took for the first attacking time to dowload the core.

You probably don't know this because you haven't seen many cores downloaded. But next time watch how much time people start with. I have seen buggy voidstars where it randomly throws out a victor. But what you are describing is the map working as intended.

So the team that capped the core first loses and the other team that doesn't even get to download the core wins? How is that working as intended?

So the team that capped the core first loses and the other team that doesn't even get to download the core wins? How is that working as intended?

You didn't cap it first

The timers were not equal

They capped it in less time....wow

Your timer = x

Their timer = y

x > y

So you THOUGHT they were slower but really they were however many seconds left on the timer when it ended faster