The Mysterious Ancient Tome

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About the Dread Orb, we tried using it then using the Tome, and on the Womprat.

I think our best bet of getting answers is probably everyone private messaging EricMusco, CourtneyWoods, and AmberGreen until one responds. They'd get tired of it eventually :p

The Orb is already confirmed to aggro the Hateful Entity. I'm not sure it would have two purposes.

Hmm... But didn't we come to the conclusion that this had been in the game since start? And not from 2.0?

Yes, and this is my issue with many theories being thrown around. I don't understand how a puzzle introduced in 1.0 can only be solved when something is added almost a year and a half later. The TFB/DreadTooth/SnV puzzle was already half-solved the moment TfB went live (people still needed time). However, this is different. If the puzzle is not bugged, then we need to be looking at something in-game that is not related to any new content and mechanics.

Yes, and this is my issue with many theories being thrown around. I don't understand how a puzzle introduced in 1.0 can only be solved when something is added almost a year and a half later. The TFB/DreadTooth/SnV puzzle was already half-solved the moment TfB went live (people still needed time). However, this is different. If the puzzle is not bugged, then we need to be looking at something in-game that is not related to any new content and mechanics.

... meaning no rakkie event, Seeker droid, etc.

As people have said also though this may have been a palce holder or no puzzle at all ( bug ) yet BW may read alot of this and choose to add something in at a later date ( or already have done so ) so ruling out anything pre 2.0 or what have you could be an error if they choose to add something in at a later date if you catch my drift.

As people have said also though this may have been a palce holder or no puzzle at all ( bug ) yet BW may read alot of this and choose to add something in at a later date ( or already have done so ) so ruling out anything pre 2.0 or what have you could be an error if they choose to add something in at a later date if you catch my drift.

I am not disputing that it may very well be the case. But considering the other puzzles in game, it is extremely improbable that the puzzle who have been in the game since December 2011 will only be solved by adding something in a patch (hint the word "adding") almost two years later.

So:

1. If the puzzle is not bugged then most probably it is something with pre 2.0 mechanics, I might even go as far and say pre 1.4 content.
  2. Now if it is bugged, then 1) still applies, but we need BW to acknowledge the puzzle and then fix it.
  3. If it is just a place holder then there is no puzzle and all what we are doing here is pointless.

However, since we already have datamined information that more or less confirm a puzzle is in place. Then 3) can be thrown out of the window. In all cases we need someone to (Eric or someone else) to step here and tell us if there is a puzzle, and if it is bugged or not. I don't even want any hints. I just want to know if we need to look more or not.

I still have the feeling as if this Ancient Tome was / might've been related to the Rakghoul Event, somehow. (Which was before I came to SWTOR.)

And, by the way, it occurred to me that no-one knows what to do with the false crystal stone from the smugglere's class story ... It's riddle is essentually : Does it (the stone) have/make any sense at all ?

I still have the feeling as if this Ancient Tome was / might've been related to the Rakghoul Event, somehow. (Which was before I came to SWTOR.)

Was around during that time, can't remember anything that could have have been related with the tome.

Maybe it plays a role when Bioware decides to revive the Rakghoul-Event. According to swtor_miner, Bioware added and changed many of the Rakghoul-event files in the last months. It will have a bigger PvP-component. Since the outlaws den is a PvP-area, Bioware may intends to include the tome for the event. Could be the reason, why Bioware stays silent about that matter. I love pointless speculation.... :rak_02:

And, by the way, it occurred to me that no-one knows what to do with the false crystal stone from the smugglere's class story ... It's riddle is essentually : Does it (the stone) have/make any sense at all ?

Tried that "stone" [called "Counterfeit Murustavan Ruby"], and some other stuff in my inventory, no success.

I guess we have to kill the Sarlacc then, jumping in its mouth with tremendous Courage, waiting with unbreakable Patience for the inevitable digestion and gathering our last sparkles of Hope to survive this horrible nightmare...

Hi, i'm a french player and i'm really exciting about this thread and thank you guys for trying to resolve it :D

i hear about krayt's cave datamined in the previous post. At the entrance of the outlaw's den there are krayt's dragon skull

- http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/40/1380686692-sans-titre-2.jpg

- A kotor's dragon krayt

it makes sense to me.

Another pic compliments of my buddy. No reason to troll this thread kid.

http://oi39.tinypic.com/2ikpj69.jpg

How does your lack of evidence makes me a troll? And don't call me "kid". Neither am i a kid, nor do i act like one, unlike certain other people. You can speak with your friends on the schoolyard in such a tone, but not with me. If you wish to maintain your bad manners, find someone else who's interested in such moronic behavior.

All you have is a picture of a map that is used in a quest where no Krayt Dragon can be found and a file designation, that refers to an imperial-specific cave.

Again, i don't see that the "krayt cave" is something different than the known Sand Demon's cave of the Sith Warriors questline. And since it refers specifically to an "imperial" cave, it can be assumed that it can only be accessed by (certain) imperials, a sith warrior in its storyline for example (e.g. Demon's blood). My bet is on a leftover of the file's designation at best. Maybe a Krayt Dragon was planned at an earlier stage of development and got replaced.

Maybe there's another "Krayt Cave"-map, that looks like the map in the Jedi Knight's quest, where he faces the Sand Demon.

Again, i don't see that the "krayt cave" is something different than the known Sand Demon's cave of the Sith Warriors questline. And since it refers specifically to an "imperial" cave, it can be assumed that it can only be accessed by (certain) imperials, a sith warrior in its storyline for example (e.g. Demon's blood).

Maybe there's another "Krayt Cave"-map, that looks like the map in the Jedi Knight's quest, where he faces the Sand Demon.

Incorrect assumption. The other "imp" files in proximity to the krayt_cave file are all accessible by BOTH factions and seem to be near mos ila.

Did you tried to kill the Dread Seeded Sand Demon?

I have managed to kill it with someone else. Also has anyone tried using the Tome again since it was rumored the Queen of Sands would actually come officially in 2.4? Also what about DF(Dread Fortress) and DP(Dread Palace)'s possible secret bosses? Severity Gaming did manage to kill the Hateful Entity, but it only dropped 4 Styrak masks which I believe aren't moddable.

Edited by lukewaldo