Helping a lower level friend.

I did Heroic with 2 others who were level 13 and I was level 18 (I think) and story owner. We could do the quest quite good and only died once. But I'm a sage so that might have something to do with it, I had to heal them all the time and they did all the fighting.

In short, you get normal XP your friend gets more for fighting opponents of a higher level.

I would think being grouped with a higher level person would lower the kill exp your friend gets, but it wouldn't hurt the exp s(he) gets for the quest turn in. Not a big deal either way, if you're having fun.

Well, i just want to help him catch up so we can start working together, though it'd be handy if he could get decent xp from the mob kills also. :cool:

Yeah, I honestly don't have any idea how exp works for people who are grouped with higher levels. I am just guessing based on how other games have done it.

This game is so feature rich already, but I definitely hope they will eventually put a 'buddy system' in later like some other games have, where you can level down to a friend and do things with them. They already have the reverse in place for warzones, so hopefully it'll happen.

Having run multiple groups of people through Hammer Station as a mid-30s toon, I can safely say having a higher leveled character helping you won't kill your experience gain.

So I can run my friends through Esseles when they leave their home world and they would gain all the experience they normally gain??

So I can run my friends through Esseles when they leave their home world and they would gain all the experience they normally gain??

In a word, yes. BioWare seems to have taken the LOTRO approach when it comes to dealing with level disparity in groups.

Edited by Narien