Minimum DPS requirement for HM SV / TFB (8 man)

What would be a "bottom-line" guideline to give Tanks, DPS, and Healers to go by for HM SV / TFB so that they know where to shoot for pulling their own weight in an op and not being carried by the rest of the operation?

For tanks and heals stat focus?

For DPS, DPS meter readings?

I would say if you can sustain 2400+ dps on a lvl 55 operations dummy, you should be fine for all content as long as you have good uptime. Edited by bbare

Styrak is the only serious DPS check. Average requisite dummy DPS (assuming no contribution from the healers) is 2211. That number is adjusted for uptime, which is to say that your average DPS on the fight can be somewhat lower. In order to get Styrak before the hard enrage, you really need all your DPS to be *parsing* 2-2.1k or above on average. You can get away with less by doing cheesy things with your tanks and healers.

Tanks aren't pushed all that much in terms of gearing. Our first clear had our tanks in mostly Arkanian, but we really could have done it with the tanks in Dread Guard, I think. The Cartel Warlords would have been dicy, but doable.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

Styrak is the only serious DPS check. Average requisite dummy DPS (assuming no contribution from the healers) is 2211. That number is adjusted for uptime, which is to say that your average DPS on the fight can be somewhat lower. In order to get Styrak before the hard enrage, you really need all your DPS to be *parsing* 2-2.1k or above on average. You can get away with less by doing cheesy things with your tanks and healers.

Tanks aren't pushed all that much in terms of gearing. Our first clear had our tanks in mostly Arkanian, but we really could have done it with the tanks in Dread Guard, I think. The Cartel Warlords would have been dicy, but doable.

KBN I love what you are doing for tanking stats, but I can't for my life figure why you guys where killing Sunderer last. He is annoying enough anyway, but with the extra abilities that the last one gets he risks oneshoting people. At the same time Tu'chuk is such a push-over, with 18 stacks and enrage he still couldn't kill a 66-69 geared tank if his life depended on it (which it does :p).

If you do it for the challenge then fine, but then you still wouldn't have had any problems with under geared dps/tanks and proper tactics.

KBN I love what you are doing for tanking stats, but I can't for my life figure why you guys where killing Sunderer last. He is annoying enough anyway, but with the extra abilities that the last one gets he risks oneshoting people. At the same time Tu'chuk is such a push-over, with 18 stacks and enrage he still couldn't kill a 66-69 geared tank if his life depended on it (which it does :p).

Well, it's two-fold. First, we have only one melee DPS. If we didn't kill Sunder last, they would have to deal with the Fixate mechanic, which would basically nuke their DPS in its entirety, because they would be the only one getting focused. Second, we run two shadow tanks, which means that our mitigation against Tu'chuk's enrage isn't the greatest. I mean, it works, and with some care we can make it through, but it's not pleasant.

On the whole, his one shot mechanic is actually really easy to deal with so long as you have a scripted cooldown timing and skilled tanks. Neither I nor my co-tank really mind super-tight tanking mechanics, especially when it makes things easier for the rest of the raid group. So... *shrug* :-) Basically, we're accepting significant tank pressure to relieve healer pressure and make the fight more melee-friendly.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

As an assassin tank, I like Sunder last as well because it makes the fight more fun for me. I have to do more than just cycle through defensive cooldowns to survive. Having said that, Tu'chuk really is the easiest option specially if you have snipers.

What we do in our raid is setup a ballistic shield rotation with the snipers to coincide with the two assassin tank's cooldowns and absorb adrenals. It's pretty straight forward. We start as soon as the assassin tanking him hits about 10 stacks.

First the assassin tanks use overcharge saber and deflection back to back (~27 seconds total). The 2nd assassin tank takes him for another 27 seconds after that.

At that point the snipers in the raid take turns cycling through ballistic shield. Assuming just 2 snipers, that's another 40 seconds of damage reduction.

Once ballistic shields have been exhausted, the assassin tanks rotate Absorb Adrenals for another 15 seconds each. When those have expired, the first assassin tank's cooldowns should be back up to repeat for another 47 seconds of damage reduction.

If you have the snipers to spare and have them stand close enough to hit your tanks, the extra damage he puts out is trivialized.

Edited by CharlieBrown
My english is not very good looking.

Rotating sniper shields is a good idea, but I still like Sunder best. We did it yesterday with two low DPS and had an extremely not clean run (a couple DPS deaths). This resulted in Sunder hard enraging nearly a full minute before we killed him. If we had been killing Tu'chuk last, it would have been a wipe as no shadow cooldown can save you from a hard enraged Tu'chuk with stacks. Because we were doing Sunder last though, the hard enrage was utterly trivialized, the healers got to flat-out stop healing in the final phase and we one shot the fight.