After Cathar...

ShupFace

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see Arkanians (And possibly Arkanian Offshoots, maybe pureblood arkanians for the Empire and Offshoots for the Republic?) because, unlike Togruta, Nautolans or Kel Dor, they weren't invented for the prequels but rather have played a big part of the Old Republic era EU material ever since the 90's.

Tales of the Jedi and Knights of the Old Republic comics both had central Arkanian characters - the same is true for Miraluka and Cathar. And unlike the tentacle-heads (Togruta and Nautolans) and the Kel-Dor, the Arkanians actually have an established cultural identity, power base, political alignments and history, rather than just being popular because of random cool-looking Jedi in the prequel trilogies.

As for which ones I THINK will be put into the game, Togruta, because fanservice demands more sexy tentacle-headed rainbow-skinned girls.

I was somewhat taken away when they went for Cathar. I thought for sure Voss would of been a pick.

As a second race option I would assume they are going to go with Voss.

Wondering for creation purposes if they will allow you to make the Cathar as they were represented in the EU of things with large manes like that of Lions or if they will simply go for the smaller cat features. I would like to see the race as it was presented in the comics and what not but still interesting none the less.

You won't see Yoda's race every playable...Lucas has some thing about them remaining mysterious and rare.

I prefer it that way. Star Wars is "Space Fantasy" after all, so having some mystery is always better than having everything be explained in detail (which is why people who misunderstand Midi-chlorians throw hissy fits about it) and honestly, I kind of wish they'd never had another member of Yoda's species anywhere in the franchise.

Want: Zeltron - This would be easy to do, it is just a human pallet swap with a skin tone range between bright pink, fuchsia, and lavender with a full rainbow of hair color choices. There is just so much fun backstory for this species. :D

Will actually get?: I dunno, we have an entire species that wears glasses. They're adding catgirls.... So, they'll probably invent a species composed entirely of French Maid Jedi. :p

Hoping for Nautolan or Weequay.

I think both could work quite easily, honestly. The only thing Nautolans would be missing are eye color. Though, the Chiss are already in the same situation so i don't see why not.

However, i really want Kaleesh.

Edited by GhostDrone

I'd like to see Arkanians (And possibly Arkanian Offshoots, maybe pureblood arkanians for the Empire and Offshoots for the Republic?) because, unlike Togruta, Nautolans or Kel Dor, they weren't invented for the prequels but rather have played a big part of the Old Republic era EU material ever since the 90's.

Tales of the Jedi and Knights of the Old Republic comics both had central Arkanian characters - the same is true for Miraluka and Cathar. And unlike the tentacle-heads (Togruta and Nautolans) and the Kel-Dor, the Arkanians actually have an established cultural identity, power base, political alignments and history, rather than just being popular because of random cool-looking Jedi in the prequel trilogies.

As for which ones I THINK will be put into the game, Togruta, because fanservice demands more sexy tentacle-headed rainbow-skinned girls.

Wasn't Kit Fisto a Nautalan? And I don't remember him being from the prequels, but I could be wrong.

I doubt theyll do kaleesh or Kel dor, because you dont see much variation in their models (i.e. Xalek looks like velasu graege looks like the great hunt representative from the BH quests on hutta). Personally i think togrutans would be the best bet, though I would like nautolans and mon calamari as well :D

• 2 months later...