Model swap between T1/T3 Imp Scout

Archonitek

Incredibly low priority, but I think it would be great if the developers would switch the models between the Blackbolt and Bloodmark.

Every cinematic that has been released, including Knights of the Fallen Empire, has shown the Bloodmark model as the primary fighter for the Empire. However in actual matches the T3 scout is a support/utility scout that is only used in the first few seconds of a Domination match for tensoring or as a troll ship. According to the ship description in game the Bloodmark is supposed to be co-ordinator, so it doesn't make sense to field large numbers of them in battle.

The Blackbolt may not be the best dog fighter in the current meta but it can still put out impressive numbers and excels in particular situations. It is also one of the first ships new pilots will fly when they start GSF, so it makes sense that they would be flying the most numerous/iconic fighter for the Empire. If we're assuming that the wings also store energy/use solar energy collectors like TIE fighters do, then having the extra foils will also make sense since the Blackbolt packs greater fire power than the Bloodmark. Switching the two models will make it more consistent with the lore and in game descriptions.

Also, the Bloodmark model looks damn cooler than the Blackbolt, and since the Blackbolt is my go-to ship to fly, I really REALLY want it to have the Bloodmark model.

Hell even switching the Novadive and Spearpoint models make sense. 3 engine's on the Spearpoint, yet no thruster component? Come on!

Edited by Archonitek

make the t2 on both sides look like the t3, make the t3 on both sides like the t1, make the t1 on both sides look like the t2.

Would make total sense with components, balance of play, flight capabiltiies, and cinimatics. Lets face it, the BLC on the t2 scout is basically as big as the whole ship for both sides and looks kinda silly. the model swap would likely fix this and better match the cinimatics. The T3 is a basic support ship, it doesn't need all the massive bits it has on it. The t1 model looks like it could fit all the same things as the T3. The t2 model on both sides screams "built for speed, not a space superiority craft." Laying that on the t1 type ships would look nicer and work better, as you wouldn't have countless components fitting on a tiny chassy, and it would look like it could better accomidate the t1's weapons.

Would frustrate nostalgia players though. Also, our first actual update in over a year being a basic model swap would create an ensuing rage.

I am definitely opposed to any model swap. I do wonder if the community would be behind some changes to make the Imperial strikes look cooler- or is everyone just used to their space-lawnmower look by now?

I am definitely opposed to any model swap. I do wonder if the community would be behind some changes to make the Imperial strikes look cooler- or is everyone just used to their space-lawnmower look by now?

I think any swapping of models or redesign of existing ones would be pointless and lead to confusion. Sure, it wouldn't quite be to the level of making a Knight in chess look like a cat instead of a horse, or something... but still.

Far smarter would be for them to assign an artist to make one new model per class and stick them on the Cartel Market, giving people an actual reason to spend Cartel $$. Re-evaluating their whole approach to Cartel Crap as it relates to GSF would probably be really smart, in fact. They will get an influx of new players from their New Focus On Returning To Ye Grande Storytelling, some are bound to bleed through to GSF unless they shutter the doors to the hangar and turn it off. Why not give everyone something cool to spend money on? (Yes I know this argument has been made before. You'd think they would listen to people who want to throw money at them)

Despon

The whole purpose to this thread was incredibly self centred lol. But still, one can dream...

Well, you're not wrong at all about the GSF versions of the ships being very inconsistent with the lore as presented in-game. It's especially ridiculous in the case of the existing Cartel ships, which certainly are not remotely like their GSF ship types when they show up in the story missions. It would have made sense for there to be consistency between the lore and the in-game stuff. It's almost comical how little of that there actually it.

Despon

Well, you're not wrong at all about the GSF versions of the ships being very inconsistent with the lore as presented in-game. It's especially ridiculous in the case of the existing Cartel ships, which certainly are not remotely like their GSF ship types when they show up in the story missions. It would have made sense for there to be consistency between the lore and the in-game stuff. It's almost comical how little of that there actually it.

Despon

I remember some pubside chat back on Begeren that wished a certain Ocula could become an upside down transport ship again.

New models that fit the lore would be nice, or if the models themselves fit the lore.

Hell, the t2 scout looks like it's barely got room enough for 1 person. Yet it has countless components and a crew working on it. Transpots and bombers become scouts and gunships via cartel market, the most used craft in lore becomes the least used craft in practice... stuff don't make sense.

Game logic.