Did I permanently shoot down Risha?

Cashprizes

Hey guys, I was playing my smuggler and was chatting it up with Risha at the bar, and I am guessing I ruined the "romance initiation" conversation.

Its like conversation #5 or somthing, and I was just checking out the different dialog options/responses, and I went with dialog option #3 (basically I don't have time to charm you lady) and instead of continuing the branching conversation she said like a single sentence and BOOM quest over I am stuck with that outcome.

I haven't had this happen with any other NPC and I probe these conversation trees all the time, So I am perturbed. The dialog choice I am talking about occurs at 6:13 in the link below:

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULUFT264JWQ

So did I permanently screw up that romance arc? I am still mad that I even let that conversation go official. I see in the next convo my character still has [Flirt] options but that doesn't mean he can capitalize on them. My guy is lightside so it would be a pain/non-rp to romance the blood thirsty Akavai chick. I have opened up tickets but Bioware says they don't offer that service :(

If that was the first conversation you had with her, then probably not. Bioware usually gives you several chances to flirt before you lose that option. I general, and across games, I find that the deal breaker comes then they try to initiate a relationship and you rebuff them.

I wouldn't prefer that like to see that. I was no fan of the simplification of DA2. It took all thought and gameplay out of conversations (such as they were.) I'd really prefer it id flirt options weren't marked in swtor or DS/LS choices. Edited by errant_knight

The real question here is... How did you resist not chosing the [Flirt] option any time it pops up regardless (especially as the Smuggler?!?!) I've always wondered what the other 2 dialogue options in those situations were like but... couldn't bring myself to not click [Flirt]

You have great power... your resolve is strong.

I wouldn't prefer that like to see that. I was no fan of the simplification of DA2. It took all thought and gameplay out of conversations (such as they were.) I'd really prefer it id flirt options weren't marked in swtor or DS/LS choices.

You can shut off the DS/LS choices. No reason you couldn't shut off the relationship warnings too. Toggle on/off would work well.

I wish that conversation-choices that killed the romance had some kind of warning on them. It would make role playing easier, now I play it safe so that I won't miss out on the romance-arc. Makes me miss the icons from DAII.

Surely role playing you would say what you want to say and not change what you want to say based on reactions?

Surely role playing you would say what you want to say and not change what you want to say based on reactions?

Not based on reactions no. But there are some romances that have lines that sound completely harmless but actually break of the romance. So I have no problem with letting my character say or do things that her companions disagree with but I would prefer it if I knew which lines would break of the romance.

Hm... For example Corso, I think he had a hidden line that can break it. He makes a pass at you being a little bit drunk, you can tell him to sleep it off thinking that your smuggler will seduce him later on when he's sober again. Unfortunately that will not happen.

Am I telling this guy "We'll talk later, now is not really the time" or "Never flirt with me again".

Not based on reactions no. But there are some romances that have lines that sound completely harmless but actually break of the romance. So I have no problem with letting my character say or do things that her companions disagree with but I would prefer it if I knew which lines would break of the romance.

Hm... For example Corso, I think he had a hidden line that can break it. He makes a pass at you being a little bit drunk, you can tell him to sleep it off thinking that your smuggler will seduce him later on when he's sober again. Unfortunately that will not happen.

Am I telling this guy "We'll talk later, now is not really the time" or "Never flirt with me again".

From a RP perspective, that's part of the roleplay. Consequences. He came on to you, you said not while drunk, he took that to mean not interrested. :p

What I think would be better however, is if the dialogue tree actually told you what you were going to say instead of what they actually give you as options.

Some of the options come off as snarky, but then fail at being such. :p

From a RP perspective, that's part of the roleplay. Consequences. He came on to you, you said not while drunk, he took that to mean not interrested. :p

What I think would be better however, is if the dialogue tree actually told you what you were going to say instead of what they actually give you as options.

Some of the options come off as snarky, but then fail at being such. :p

We will just have to agree to disagree on that point =)

I do not like it when such a major thing for me in my PT:s can break off in that way without one knowing it. Doesn't sound like a "don't go near me again"-type of sentence. Hmm.. I would rather know if the line would lead to my character dumping Corso, but I don't feel the need to know every single word in advance. Guess I'm just missing the DAII-system =)