Companion Efficiency and Crit

Brahe

so you companions skills. what exactly do they do?

I've gathered that efficiency is related to doing the missions faster, but any benefit from gathering at nodes? and what does the stat represent, percent reduction in time?

Crit, I'm even more lost on. So you have a better change for a critical sucess. ok, but what was you chance to start with and again is it a percent improvement

The stats that don't have either crit or eff, I assume is merely reducing the chance of failing the mission.

I'm trying to gauge just how much of a boost these stats give. your companions are set so it would make sense to build your crafting skills around you companions for things like crit chance.

If you started with say a 5% chance of crit and your companion adds 5% to that, it seems very important but if its factored in other ways it could be insignificant.

anyone know about this stuff?

Efficiency reduces the time a mission takes to complete. Based on watching my own companions, I'd guess that its percentage based reduction, that stacks with the reduction from your Affection. (Ex: My Khem Val has +15 Artifice efficiency. If I send him to craft an item that takes 2m33s, the actual timer starts at 2m3s. That's a 15% reduction from Efficiency, and about another 7s from Affection. Alternatively, its a 15s reduction, and another 15s from my Affection. Still trying to figure it out.)

Critical is the chance of returning with extra rewards. You'll know you've received a critical mission reward, because instead of the regular "So and So successfully completed the assignment" text, you'll get a bit of flavor text telling you how they did something extra special. Critical craftings have the chance to get either bonus stats, or add an Augment slot to weapons and armor. I would guess this is probably an additive % to whatever your standard criticals are. So, if the default crit chance is 5%, a +2 Critical would give you a 7% chance.

The following work is credited to Malthrin (from EJ), he found the formula to determine the relationship between affection and the time it takes to complete a mission. He found that 0-450 affection provides a 1% decrease in time required to complete a mission with break points every 750 affection providing an additional 1% decrease in time.

The following shows how the percent of time it takes to complete a mission.

98% - 450 affection

97% - 1,200 affection

96% - 1,950 affection

95% - 2,700 affection

94% - 3,450 affection

93% - 4,200 affection

92% - 4,950 affection

91% - 5,700 affection

90% - 6,450 affection

89% - 7,200 affection

88% - 7,950 affection

87% - 8,700 affection

86% - 9,450 affection

85% - 10,200 affection (unobtainable)

• 1 year later...

I also am wondering if Companion Affection has been proven to improve Critical Gathering or standard Success rate.

I searched for a table of increases, nada.

Still wondering:

Does companion affection affect crit? efficiency?

Does efficiency result in less failed missions?

Does affection result in less failed missions?

Edited by Seraphfeather

The answers to most questions are at Dulfy

http://dulfy.net/2012/04/22/companion-gifts-and-crafting-bonuses-for-1-2/

I didn't realize affection related to mission length. That really makes the ship robot pretty terrible.

I don't follow you. You can get the robot to the same 10000 affection as any other companions. Plus you can buy the mods that increase their crafting effectiveness. E.g. the syn and cyber are both +5% crit. So a ship droid at 10K affection with the mod would be +10% crit for syn or cyber with the proper mod. So for a lot of crafting the droid is as good as it gets.

Note also that % is used improperly in most games or at least they frequently interchange/misuse % and percentage point.

A companion with no affection doing an orange mission will crit 10 times out of every hundred. At 10k, the "5%" will mean it will crit 15 times out of a hundred, which is 50% more than 10.

Note also that % is used improperly in most games or at least they frequently interchange/misuse % and percentage point.

A companion with no affection doing an orange mission will crit 10 times out of every hundred. At 10k, the "5%" will mean it will crit 15 times out of a hundred, which is 50% more than 10.

Yep. The best you can get is:

Yellow Mission or Below (15%)

Full 10,000 affection (5%)

+5 crit chance for certain companions (5%)

Legacy of Crafting x 3 (3%)

= 28% crit chance, or 28 times out of 100.

Kira Carson has a +5 synth crit, and the ship droid can equip a +5 synth crit. If I queue up 10 augments to craft between the two of them and go to sleep, I have 12-13 when I log on in the morning almost every time.

• 6 months later...
Yep. The best you can get is:

Yellow Mission or Below (15%)

Full 10,000 affection (5%)

+5 crit chance for certain companions (5%)

Legacy of Crafting x 3 (3%)

= 28% crit chance, or 28 times out of 100.

Kira Carson has a +5 synth crit, and the ship droid can equip a +5 synth crit. If I queue up 10 augments to craft between the two of them and go to sleep, I have 12-13 when I log on in the morning almost every time.

Hi, may i know what does your 12-13 means? is it a total critical% by combining the two critical %?

Hi,

I'm wonder if i have two companions each with +2 critical, can i stack the criticals to become a total of +4 critical?

That is not possible for the simple fact that there is no mechanism to do so; you cannot send two companions to work together on the same mission.

Oh, one more question, Does the critical% applies if i send other companions to do the job instead of the one providing the critical?

Thanks for the help.

The "bonuses" are companion specific. If you have Kira and you task T7 to craft synthweaving stuff, T7 does not get the +5 crit bonus that Kira has. If you want the bonus to synthweaving you have to task Kira to craft the items in question.

Edited by psandak

Hi, may i know what does your 12-13 means? is it a total critical% by combining the two critical %?

They are saying that they set their companion(s) to craft 10 items, but they got enough critical success that they end up with 12-13 items instead of just the 10 they set to craft.

In short, they got 2-3 items extra, for free.

They are saying that they set their companion(s) to craft 10 items, but they got enough critical success that they end up with 12-13 items instead of just the 10 they set to craft.

In short, they got 2-3 items extra, for free.

Thxs for the info. =D

That is not possible for the simple fact that there is no mechanism to do so; you cannot send two companions to work together on the same mission.

The "bonuses" are companion specific. If you have Kira and you task T7 to craft synthweaving stuff, T7 does not get the +5 crit bonus that Kira has. If you want the bonus to synthweaving you have to task Kira to craft the items in question.

wow!! Thanks, now im clear on the strategy to be use on my characters

Efficiency also reduce % of fails on gathering missions.

It is nice if you are going for base materials or blue ones (Xonolite for example).

I see. Actually i prefer critical %. It seems that the Siths character have higher critical % in general. While the Republic ones overall have higher efficiency. Base on your information, it seems that archeology and treasure hunting are two good skills for consular base on efficiency. =)

I see. Actually i prefer critical %. It seems that the Siths character have higher critical % in general. While the Republic ones overall have higher efficiency. Base on your information, it seems that archeology and treasure hunting are two good skills for consular base on efficiency. =)

It work if you go for blue mats ... if you go for purple crit is still better.

Diplomacy blue ones are best for usable items, UT Xonolite is good seller, but for TH cannot remember was there same one.

It work if you go for blue mats ... if you go for purple crit is still better.

Diplomacy blue ones are best for usable items, UT Xonolite is good seller, but for TH cannot remember was there same one.

Purple as in rare items? How i wish there is some equip upgrades or any upgrades to upgrade the crew skills critical.

Purple as in rare items? How i wish there is some equip upgrades or any upgrades to upgrade the crew skills critical.

There is the legacy upgrades to crit crafting to a max of +3%. This does not apply to gathering and mission skills though.

With "gear upgrades" for crew skills there are two possibilities:

#1 - everyone has access and therefore all it does is universally upgrade the crit chance for all crew skills across the board. Bioware would be better served to simply do that "behind the scenes" (increase the base crit chance)

#2 - limited access (i.e. via the cartel market) would be a "pay to win" scenario. And thankfully Bioware has worked hard to avoid this.

This is another example of what's good for the individual is not necessarily good for the community as a whole. The ability to upgrade crit chance to a crew skill is a huge advantage to an individual, but if one person has it everyone has it. And all that would do is devalue what the individual is seeking to capitalize on.

The best example of this in an MMO is WoW's Frost Lotus: after months of players screaming for better drop rates and/or a vendor to "buy" them from, Blizzard increased the chance to acquire "in the field" and added a vendor to trade more common goods for them. This brought Frost Lotus from 80-100 gold a piece to 10-20 gold a piece almost overnight. This in turn crashed the Alchemy Flask market (SWTOR translation: stims).

For those who wish a SWTOR translation: TRs run about 20k each on the GTM. Increase the crit chance of mission by 50% (~20% to ~30%) and have a vendor that takes Exotic Element Equalizers (grade 10 material that drops off 55HMFP bonus and final bosses) for TRs. I guarantee TRs will drop to 4k each (on the high end).

Some would welcome this, most would not, because the reason TRs are coveted is their value. Devalue them and players won't covet them anymore.

There is the legacy upgrades to crit crafting to a max of +3%. This does not apply to gathering and mission skills though.

With "gear upgrades" for crew skills there are two possibilities:

#1 - everyone has access and therefore all it does is universally upgrade the crit chance for all crew skills across the board. Bioware would be better served to simply do that "behind the scenes" (increase the base crit chance)

#2 - limited access (i.e. via the cartel market) would be a "pay to win" scenario. And thankfully Bioware has worked hard to avoid this.

This is another example of what's good for the individual is not necessarily good for the community as a whole. The ability to upgrade crit chance to a crew skill is a huge advantage to an individual, but if one person has it everyone has it. And all that would do is devalue what the individual is seeking to capitalize on.

The best example of this in an MMO is WoW's Frost Lotus: after months of players screaming for better drop rates and/or a vendor to "buy" them from, Blizzard increased the chance to acquire "in the field" and added a vendor to trade more common goods for them. This brought Frost Lotus from 80-100 gold a piece to 10-20 gold a piece almost overnight. This in turn crashed the Alchemy Flask market (SWTOR translation: stims).

For those who wish a SWTOR translation: TRs run about 20k each on the GTM. Increase the crit chance of mission by 50% (~20% to ~30%) and have a vendor that takes Exotic Element Equalizers (grade 10 material that drops off 55HMFP bonus and final bosses) for TRs. I guarantee TRs will drop to 4k each (on the high end).

Some would welcome this, most would not, because the reason TRs are coveted is their value. Devalue them and players won't covet them anymore.

I see, I understand your concept down here. Analyse the situation as a whole increasing critical rate may not be a good thing.

However, what are TRs for? I heard people mentioning the Thermal Regulators but wat is the use of it?

I see, I understand your concept down here. Analyse the situation as a whole increasing critical rate may not be a good thing.

However, what are TRs for? I heard people mentioning the Thermal Regulators but wat is the use of it?

They are the purple (rare) material required to craft the highest grade of augments at the moment. Each augment takes 4 Thermal Regulators and 1 character can have 14 augments (1 in every slot of gear)

• 1 year later...

DarthTexas: Can you give some insight to the numbers behind crafting? What is the baseline crit chance for crafting? How does companion affection affect crit chance? Exactly how much of a boost is +1 or +5 critical chance in crafting? Having the Reverse Engineer % chance is a nice step in removing some of the unknowns in crafting; now we just need the numbers on the creation side to be less ambiguous.

Patrick Malott (Systems Designer): The baseline crit chance for crafting is dependent on the difficulty of the crafting action relative to your current crafting skill level. The difficulty is color coded in the crafting GUI.

Orange Difficulty: 10%

Yellow, Green, and Gray Difficulty: 15%

Companion Affection scales Crew Skill chance up to +5% at maximum affection.

A Companion Trait critical chance bonus of +1 or +5 is a percentage. Example: The Imperial Agent companion character Kaliyo grants a +2 bonus to Underworld Trading Critical. This is +2% bonus.

Using Kaliyo at maximum affection as an example, if she ran a green difficulty Underworld Trading mission for you, she would have a 22% chance to score a mission critical success.

From: http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-april-27th-2012