Imperial "Trooper" class

TrumpetNut

Hi guys!

I think an imperial trooper class would be a very nice class for them to add! For one, The story would NOT be like the trooper one where you are the commander the whole time or any/most of the time.

Companions:

War droid! http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/imperial_C-series_war_droid As the first one....

Imperial officer(former) :Maybe an imperial officer who has been severely demoted

Another awsome droid: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_war_droid_Mark_II

Imperial guard: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Imperial_Guard_(Sith_Empire)

Maybe the class itself can have a rifle and autocannon adv class (just like trooper LOLz) but with different game play that is unlike the already existing Trooper class.

i'd rather have an imperial guard class so i can finally start using those electrostaffs.

This! Would make for an awesome story too. Reporting directly to the Emperor, thwarting assasination attempts, resisting mind control, etc.

If they did it like Death Knights in WoW (I know that's a bad word), then the republic side could have Mandalorian as a mirror. BW would just have to use their amazing writing skills so it would make sense for Mandalorians to side with the Republic.

I'm no lore nut so maybe the Republic Mandalorian idea could never work, but both class ideas would make for great stories and weapons/armor selection.

Actually a Black Ops Imp trooper would make sense, something like the SW companion Lt. Pierce. Simply rolling a 'sniper with CE imp trooper armor" doesnt cut it considering that the Agent is part of intelligence and not the military. And it would at least help if they gave Agents proper end-game armor and none of this horrific mortal kombat-reject rubbish.

Not a bad idea but i doubt they would take the time to make a whole new class+3 act story. Its more likely (though still unlikely) that they will continue each class story with at least one other act instead and i think that would be better tbh.

I can understand the desire for the ability to play a Imperial Trooper but honestly they have a shorter lifespan then a freed mouse (

). Imperial Troopers are just a step above slave or droid and a frequently sent on suicide missions or executed (either for some failure or because the Sith felt like it). The soldiers on the Republic side (which is why the Trooper class works) is viewed as more valuable (and even they often get a raw deal). The other question is what would make the class different than the other classes (and not a second mirror of the Trooper/Bounty Hunter). I think if people wish to be more of a part of the Sith military, besides the Agent

In the third act of the Agent story (for many people) the Imperial intelligence is disbanded and folded into the military.

then a better choice would be a military officer (start out as a squad leader and work your way up to a General or Moff). This could be done as a new class ("pet class" with your own soldiers or maybe a buff/debuff class) and would give people the chance to play a Sith military character (besides the Agent).

Edited by Captain_Lurker

• 10 months later...

It's people like Captain_lurker that bring my piss to a boil( and necro nearly year old threads). Playing a Trooper while constantly giving lame brain excuses why the other side can't have them.

I mean since troopers are so prone to being dead and are ALL COMPLEATLY USEESS, then I expect you to willfully remove the trooper class entirely from the game. Oh excuse me what? not the Same thing?

I'm sure.

instead of imperial trooper we could get a imperial comander or something. In the end of chapter 3 you will get the "Moff" title or something :D

actually this is just an opinion, i think it should fit and it should be fun to be a high ranked imperial :p

Edited by minitand