Females never given flirt options?

PhoenixDream

male smuggler to 29 in tattooine and female consular level 23 in taris. I've had WAY more chances on my smugglar playing almost identical missions and answers. Consular has had one so far with a guy but I didn't take it though in favor of a light option! Smugglar I think I slept with people and got light points (or was that an anime censor thing?)

I think the options are there but maybe not as blatant as the smugglar and fewer which might hold true for jedis? I don't agree with this but just my observation.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lvl 30 Shadow.

My only flirt choice to my memory was that annoying piece of **** Tharan. And his ***** arrogance disgusted me, so I chose an insult instead. God I want to have the option to kill him (dark side points ftw).

I play alongside a lvl 30 Guardian. Seen 2-3 pop up for him when we played side-by-side. I can't imagine how many occurred when I couldn't see his screen. <.<

Edited by Jedi_Luxora

It's not just you guys. My lvl 18 MALE assassin has had 1 flirt option in the whole game. All the romances in general are pretty shallow and stupid IMO anyway from what I've heard.

which is weird, because my female agent has had a TON of flirt options.

im personally chalking it up to the character archetypes. Where a smuggler or agent might flirt with someone to get what they want, a jedi would use force persuade, and a sith might choke or shock em.

i haven't played any male toons yet, so i can't say anything to that, all i can say is that ive noticed a big difference in the dialogue options between the classes.

And on that note... i have noticed that when i went back with my agent and did quests id already done with my warrior, i noticed that instead of a "choke" option like my warrior got, my agent got a "flirt" option.

Edited by Jaidan

im personally chalking it up to the character archetypes. Where a smuggler or agent might flirt with someone to get what they want, a jedi would use force persuade, and a sith might choke or shock em.

I'm playing a female Agent and I just had 2 flirting options for now, and I'm lvl 19. And I'm really trying everything to get these flirting options, so could you please tell me where you found that "ton of flirt options"? because I find it strange.

I had that Zabrak guy on Nal Hutta and that inflitrated agent on Balmorra, and nothing really happened with the second one (I just could tell him he was handsome)...

I find I have quite a few flirt options as a female Smuggler, as was mentioned. However, it's so far just been harmless stuff that proceeds no further than joking. The male Smuggler actually gets somewhere with it.

I thought I'd finally found a male NPC I could flirt with and actually get some action from, and what do I get? An anti-radiation shield. Seriously. Thanks.

i haven't played any male toons yet, so i can't say anything to that, all i can say is that ive noticed a big difference in the dialogue options between the classes.

And on that note... i have noticed that when i went back with my agent and did quests id already done with my warrior, i noticed that instead of a "choke" option like my warrior got, my agent got a "flirt" option.

That's a very good observation.

I have a 27 shadow and a 23 mercenary, both female, and I have only had one option to flirt on each character. For the BH it was when she was like level 5 and the shadow was with Tharan, which I shot down because he's a d-bag. For my shadow I had no intentions to begin with of romancing because she's pure lightside. But for my BH I wanted to check it out see what happened, but I've had no opportunities. I'm disappointed. I'm waiting to get my mandalorian companion - we'll see what happens there lol

Edited by Eysaathe

It's all about the class. Jedis are too noble and Troopers are about their work. That's it.

That's not entirely true. My friend plays a male Jedi and before level 15 had implied sex with an NPC twi'lek..

Edited by Eysaathe

My fiancé and I play Trooper side by side, almost the same level, and we have noticed that there are a TON of random flirt options for the male trooper, but only a couple for the female trooper. I'm sure this isn't intended, however, my fiancé also had the same complaint.

It's not about the "flirt" as it is the funny lines that they use during the conversation. Come on! It adds a lot of humor to what could have been a somewhat plain conversation. lol

It's not about the "flirt" as it is the funny lines that they use during the conversation. Come on! It adds a lot of humor to what could have been a somewhat plain conversation. lol

That's what I'm sad about missing. I want the humor. I can only laugh at my BH saying "You better settle up." so many times.

Even when I get flirts I often start the conversation over again because they are so obnoxious and over the top.. from my perspective, whoever wrote the female flirt lines has a very "unusual" idea about the way women behave. :rolleyes: Oh well, since I can't just insert my own voice into the dialogue it'll have to do.

I'm playing as an Imperial agent (female) and has one flirting option so far. But she's only lvl 12 so... I don't know if there will be more after... an agent is supposed to seduce, right? especially the women!

You will get opportunities to seduce, oh but you will.. just not always with anyone you'd really want to, haha. My female agent was pretty fun in beta, she got around.

Edited by grania

Playing a level 22 SI and 21 Trooper, both female, only got one option to flirt for my SI and I don't think it changed any dialogue. He just kind of ignored me.

If only I could force lightning him afterwards for ignoring my advances!

Actually I think it would be pretty great if an NPC hit on me and THEN I could force lightning them.

And my Trooper I think only got the opportunity to flirt once? And it wasn't with Sergeant Jaxo which I found very disappointing :(

But yeah, definitely noticing a lack of flirting options for us ladies. I mean, I don't expect my Trooper to flirt and be unprofessional, but I would think that as an powerful female SI, I'd be able to use my feminine wiles to get what I want every once in a while.

I find I have quite a few flirt options as a female Smuggler, as was mentioned. However, it's so far just been harmless stuff that proceeds no further than joking. The male Smuggler actually gets somewhere with it.

I thought I'd finally found a male NPC I could flirt with and actually get some action from, and what do I get? An anti-radiation shield. Seriously. Thanks.

ROFL. He gave you a gift! Not the type of "gift" you wanted but still. =)

Perhaps he was warning you...at least he didn't holocall to you a month later to say "BTW, I went to the doctor today. You may want to get checked too."

One of the reasons I'm playing a female smuggler is because I can actually play a fun, flirty character. In the beta I played a female trooper (39), Jedi knight (37) and consular (50) as well, and I was frustrated at how few opportunities they get to flirt.

There is a huge gender discrepancy in this game when it comes to both romances and flirting and I find it pretty disappointing considering BioWare's track record with inclusive romances in their games.

BioWare probity didn't have as much say in the writing department as they normally do since they were working with Lucasarts. Remember in the Star Wars movies, I don't think there was even one female in the Empire and if there was she was unmemorable. So apparently Lucasarts thinks all women are good girls and never make the first move in a relationship. /rolls-eyes

I wouldn't say it's so much as sexist but a bi-product of priviledge. A lot of straight men developed the game and so they had a perspective and did want more time to develope the game. Probably to go over the pieces, such as, things like these.

I say this as a minority myself and experience normally :). It's really not racism, sexism, etc sometimes it's just a bi-product of priviledge.

I actually applaud BioWare on much of the exclusive things they've added (Character Creation etc.) and their commitment to diversity. Hopefully this goes on their table to develop more of.

Lastly, there has got to be a gay male or straight female on the development team though because this is the first game where bums aren't flat on males :).

Edited by Darturion

BioWare probity didn't have as much say in the writing department as they normally do since they were working with Lucasarts. Remember in the Star Wars movies, I don't think there was even one female in the Empire and if there was she was unmemorable. So apparently Lucasarts thinks all women are good girls and never make the first move in a relationship. /rolls-eyes

i have been waiting for someone to say all of that yeah i am fairly sure in George Lucas's world the whole girls hitting on people and girls hitting on girls thing doesn't happen a lot or at all in the case of girl on girl action...oddly his decrees are also the same reason we will never be able to play jedi or sith wookies.

Whoever is making the decisions (BW/EA/LA), this is something both noticeable and disappointing. I play both male and female toons. The guys do have way more opportunities to flirt, and it makes no sense.

There should be more flirting opportunities for the girls or fewer for the boys.

Either way is fine... they should simply have about the same amount, is all.

Having this difference serves no useful purpose.

Well, I'd like to point something out.

Not giving as many flirt options doesn't make the developers SEXIST. This has absolutely nothing to do with sexism. It's like calling the developers homophobic because there aren't same-sex flirt options/romance either, which I don't think is a valid reason for tagging Bioware as anything but a very open-minded game developer when they answer such questions with "there will be in the future".

I think the flirt options were mostly male -> female because of time constraints. We all know that ME3 will feature every type of romance option, so it's not about restricting "on purpose" such content in an MMO.

Although I'm more of an advocate for same sex flirt options, I can also understand why females have much less options; I think they tried to push out the basic/launch content that will be used by most of the community, and that is hetero males.

I have absolutely no doubt that more female flirt options will come in game. You have to admit that most of your companions don't really fit what you really want... (unless you're into wookies or lizards, haha!), but I do agree that, given the current state of the game, it's a bit disconcerting that we will probably need to wait until either content patches or expansions to see more flirt/social options for everybody that's been ignored in the Retail 1.0 version.

Both my Bountyhunter and Imperial Agent has had plenty of opportunity to flirt.

I think that perhaps you are looking at this the wring way, in the sense that while male troopers and Jedi are strong figures, they are also then kind of person that one might expect to flirt, wheras a strong woman, like troopers or jedi, value their independence and is seen by the general populace as an unattainable figure.

This is of course based entirely on my own notions, but to me it seems logical (plus stereotyping men as ***** bastards never seems to fail when you wanna earn some cheap laughs)

so ur saying strong females dont flirt or have fun?......

well I know from experience that the female smuggler can be kissed and proposed to by corso...honestly I'd hate to have to remake characters into males (being a female and not really into playing some dude thank you) just to see the romance options..was going to ask if you play all female characters do you have companions later on that you can romance or is it completely sexist the whole time..