The Cartel Packs

Blazenor

Yup - just like those rip-off packs in Asian F2P games where you have 1 in a zillion chance of getting rare mounts - primarily designed to play off those poor folks who just can't control their gambling.

IMHO they should just have the good stuff on sale at whatever price they deem fair.

There's plenty of useful stuff in them. Anyone who thinks they are going to open 20 packs without getting anything useful obviously didn't test this stuff out on the PTS. Even if you get an item you don't want, you can sell it on the GTN or trade it to another player. If you don't want to spend money on the packs, then don't. You're not required to buy them and there's nothing essential in them that you have to have to play the game. Like someone else mentioned, you can always just wait a little bit and buy an item off the GTN when someone else re-sells it.

There's plenty of useful stuff in them. Anyone who thinks they are going to open 20 packs without getting anything useful obviously didn't test this stuff out on the PTS. Even if you get an item you don't want, you can sell it on the GTN or trade it to another player. If you don't want to spend money on the packs, then don't. You're not required to buy them and there's nothing essential in them that you have to have to play the game. Like someone else mentioned, you can always just wait a little bit and buy an item off the GTN when someone else re-sells it.
I believe they may have changed the drop rates, at least on the Crime Lord. At least I don't recall getting nothing but purple companion gifts from them on PTS.

Looks like another EA con job to me. Make them great to awesome on PTS, secretly nerf them before live.

Yep not bothering with that crap again.

I believe they may have changed the drop rates, at least on the Crime Lord. At least I don't recall getting nothing but purple companion gifts from them on PTS.

Looks like another EA con job to me. Make them great to awesome on PTS, secretly nerf them before live.

Yep not bothering with that crap again.

generally speaking, from experience on other games, THAT is how drop rates are tested. Artificially increase the drop rate on the test servers, then introduce them on live at the "regular" (intended) drop rates.

i dunno bout u guys but im happy with what i have, bought 5 packs for 2 pink urple crystals, 2 speeders, 2 Black Nebula Heavy Blaster, red eyes, imp banner, bunch of exotic mats, xp buffs, credit booms, 3 kinds of pets, title, gonna go buy a few more coins