PvP Server Records 2.0

Grexys

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

Sorry this hasn't been updated. I'm over on POT5 now, so I will need someone to take over the records thread. Let me know if you're interested.

Forever Your Darth,

Baarf

'Bout ready to just get started on the new server records thread. Yay! But I have a question for you fine Ebon Hawk residents.

We have two options for the new thread. We can start with a clean slate and build it up again, or keep it as is and build off that. Do we want a clean slate?

The consideration here is that a fair number of the players on our current records list are no longer members of the Ebon Hawk server. We could leave their records as a tribute, or start from scratch to give those of us who remain a fair shot at getting on the board with the community still here.

Let me know what you all think! <3

I am for keeping the current stats. Even when those players maybe do not play anymore at this server they still achieved them here and there is no reason to start with new ones.

Despite of this many of the record holders are still playing here and there is also no reason to erase their records.

I am for keeping the current stats. Even when those players maybe do not play anymore at this server they still achieved them here and there is no reason to start with new ones.

Despite of this many of the record holders are still playing here and there is also no reason to erase their records.

A fair point. Though you also have to realize that eventually, the off server folks will be knocked off the board due to bigger and better gear sets. A weak point, I know, but something to note.

Also, there's nothing saying that in a clean slate records thread, people couldn't post up their old records. ;) I'm sure that people still on the server would post up their old records and the thread would be more or less where it is now within a week or two, minus the people no longer a part of Ebon Hawk.

I'd prefer to start over now that bolster is less borked.

I don't know that bolster would've had a whole lot to do with most of those records, but that is a good consideration.

Would be nice to start anew as to not include the lucky double relic proc'd numbers, as that has been changed, but either is honestly fine with me. Would bring more activity to the thread with all the people that are left, though.

In case you guys missed this, and Baarf's previous post of stepping down from managing this thread (since he's on Pot5 now), we're not uploading new records to this thread. Instead, I would like feedback from you fine folks concerning a new one.

Even if you say, like Averth, that you don't want a new one. :) That's a perfectly good piece of feedback!

In case you guys missed this, and Baarf's previous post of stepping down from managing this thread (since he's on Pot5 now), we're not uploading new records to this thread. Instead, I would like feedback from you fine folks concerning a new one.

Even if you say, like Averth, that you don't want a new one. :) That's a perfectly good piece of feedback!

I really appreciate you being willing to pick the thread back up. I think starting over at a set point would be a good idea, say the last patch day or just wait for 2.3 and start the thread fresh the day it hits.

I 100% don't want a new one. This kind of list enables and incents poor play and poor community relations.

Never thought of it this way....but I suppose it doesn't really matter to me if we drop it seeing as I can't tear myself away from objectives long enough to death match. Still never gotten over 900K damage. :p

However, if the majority want to continue I would suggest starting shortly after 2.4 (supposed PvP update). Of course you'll need to wait until BW can fix whatever they break with patch release. :rolleyes:

Edited by jackrunip

I 100% don't want a new one. This kind of list enables and incents poor play and poor community relations.

And the PvE one doesn't? This seems like a double standard if ever there were one.

In all reality, I find I get better numbers in WZs when I play the objectives then when I don't.

Recreating this list would not encourage a higher level of PVP here on TEH. I would not suggest starting a new set of records (but what do I matter? I moved to PoT5). The records here should serve as inspiration and something to look up to for the PvPers here on TEH. It should drive you to outperform the high level of talent and PvP that TEH has experienced. Also, why recreate this thread when it is perfectly possible for the players that left to come back and demolish the scores on the new list? Use this list to strive to play better. It is very possible for the any of you to beat these 'old' records and I suggest all of you to keep pushing in order to do it. However at the same time, don't tunnel some poor helpless 1500EXP sage with smashes to get the top hit. Unless it's Aegiss of course...

Speaking on my own behalf I disagree that the list has ever affected me this way. Objectives always come first, even to my own peril. In fact I have never really gone out of my way to make better numbers.. I just snap and post when they happen to be good enough to make the list.

While it may instigate some of what you mention, I doubt it would change much if any at all because regardless of any posted listing those that are number seekers will still push for the highest numbers.

Recreating this list would not encourage a higher level of PVP here on TEH. I would not suggest starting a new set of records (but what do I matter? I moved to PoT5). The records here should serve as inspiration and something to look up to for the PvPers here on TEH. It should drive you to outperform the high level of talent and PvP that TEH has experienced. Also, why recreate this thread when it is perfectly possible for the players that left to come back and demolish the scores on the new list? Use this list to strive to play better. It is very possible for the any of you to beat these 'old' records and I suggest all of you to keep pushing in order to do it. However at the same time, don't tunnel some poor helpless 1500EXP sage with smashes to get the top hit. Unless it's Aegiss of course...

This list is mostly an e-peen yardstick, and serves little other purpose than to compare the "top" PvP guilds and players on TEH to those of other servers. Some of us could care less and choose not to participate in this list. For example, I am in possession of screenshots that would list my character's name(s) on 4 different sections of this list, 1 of which beats the current top spot holder.

This list drives no one to get better. It's not a motivational tool, nor is it something to aspire to. Reason being, a lot of the players listed were not very inspiring in the first place, and the spirit of this kind of play is what essentially killed PvP on TEH in the first place.

Edited by TheronFett

This list is mostly an e-peen yardstick, and serves little other purpose than to compare the "top" PvP guilds and players on TEH to those of other servers. Some of us could care less and choose not to participate in this list. For example, I am in possession of screenshots that would list my character's name(s) on 4 different sections of this list, 1 of which beats the current top spot holder.

This list drives no one to get better. It's not a motivational tool, nor is it something to aspire to. Reason being, a lot of the players listed were not very inspiring in the first place, and the spirit of this kind of play is what essentially killed PvP on TEH in the first place.

Actually I would argue it does a lot to drive people to get better especially the HPS and DPS numbers in that they provide a top bar of what a class/AC/spec can do when played well and under the right circumstances for high numbers. I know I have looked to those leader boards and wondered what I could/should be doing to increase HPS and DPS in order to be a more effective player (not for numbers sake, but to win). I would like the thread to continue personally, but whatever it doesn't really matter.

There's nothing wrong with a thread like this. It's just for fun.

If people are ignoring objectives to get BIG NUMBURZ, they'd probably be doing it with or without the existence of a thread like this.

Pretty much my line of thinking. Was the same line of thinking for the PvE thread too, I think.

If it's just for fun, then I believe it would be more fun to make a thread where people can post the videos of the good games (most of the screenshots posted here do not qualify) they have played instead of sharing solo kills screenshots from losses or DPS records from lopsided games. Is that indicative of success?

But it's really nothing more than

an e-peen yardstick.

Does it drive people to get better numbers? Yeah, sure. But does that actually matter? The screenshots taken from losses prove otherwise. Why do people deathmatch in Huttball, where killing people and allowing them to respawn on their endzone might actually be detrimental to the success of your team? Why do some people abandon the turrets they're on as soon as and only after they run out of people to kill and numbers to build? Why do they refuse to pass the Huttball across the fire when it's perfectly safe, and walk into fire trap just to score on their own? What's the point of not scoring to "farm" the enemy team? Numburz.

Make a thread if you would like to applaud that kind of behaviour. People who possess that level of "talent", as referenced in a post before me, have cost me more nodes than I can count. Those are the screenshots I would be more interested in sharing myself, but there are no threads for that.

But if you are planning to keep the same format, I would recommend accepting screenshots from wins only. Even that would not be ideal, but a better solution nevertheless.

And do not call it a records thread if you skip embarassing categories such as "Deaths" while including "Damage Taken" or "Killing Blows", which are actually way harder to find on the scorecard. Those "records" are not valid unless every player is interested in sharing theirs in public anyway. Call it a leaderboard, or an e-peen yardstick.

Edited by Advanderer

What Averth said ^

Look at the screenshots in the list. Many of them are premades against PUGs. I mean seriously, how hard is it to rattle off a ton of damage and heals against teams 1/10th your skill level? As for the ones that are losses, who really gives a crap about a million in damage when you lose? Personally, I'll take a match where everyone works together to play the objectives and win versus some scoreboard hero clamoring for numbers and trying to get his screenshot posted here.