For those that still wish to do Ranked WZs

Shreb

OK.. with Uncensored's announcement of q'ing nearly everyday, it appears that a lot of people are thinking that ranked is dead. I sure hope not. I know personally, I'm a PVE person first and I have raid nights as a priority. That's why I am not doing pug ranks all the time. I also end up healing on Cheerleader for other raid groups in our guild who may be short heals. The pug ranked has been so much fun simlpy because this is an MMO... we play it (well a lot of us) for the social aspect. I've met some fun people through these. OK.. nuff said on this...

I still want to do ranked WZs simple as that. I don't define my toons by their rank #... for me it's PVE progression. PVP is a ton of fun though and I spend a lot of time doing it. With Unc "q'ing", I'm going to presume guilds like LD50, US, PD, RSB, HYRDA, and others will do the same. There are still many of us who are solid PVPers that are not simply in a guild designed for ranked teams. I know in RG, we have some of the top PVE'ers in the game. Not all of them PVP, but some do and some are really good. In RG, rarely are we ever able to put a respectable ranked team together, so I'm still very open and interested in doing Pug groups. Will we get ROFLstomped by some guilds,.sure, but w/e. If the ranked community is going to progress beyond the regulars, we'll have to q when the top teams are q'ing too. It is what it is. Hopefully the pug community will take a step towards a compromise in continuing to q with the hopes that the premades will too. A request would be if you're part of a stacked teams that sn't available or your guild doesn't have enough people on... join a pug. Don't let your PVP ego get in the way. Show that you are elite and help a pug team. There are too many out there that only q with specific people... which is sad... and then they brag about their numbers. I think we all know one person in specific that I am referring to. Haha.

I'm more than glad to coordinate pug groups on the /pubpvp channel if people are still interested... but I can't do it CM style as I have PVE responsibilities too. The other challenge for me is that no one likes a Commando Trooper (we will be the flavor of the month one day... I promise you that). We are not built for 1v1... and to tie into the other thread that is going that talks about it... you put me against a similarly geared/skilled mele and I'm toast, but I do know how to survive and I think that separates the strong commando dps'ers from the bad. My numbers speak for themself as they are respectable when compared to the flavors out there and other commandos. I also have Cheerleader (mix of WH and EWH) who can either Bubblestun or Salv heal. I am also more than willing to join ranked groups on the imp side too. I have a full WH Smash Jugg (Redskín) that I created.

So... where do we go from here. I am not certain the mumble server that Bad Rep has so nicely offered will be available... would need to check on that... but I'm also more than willing to buy a server in vent or mumble as a pure JC PVP community tool because it's definitely needed to have any shot at winning a ranked match.

If you are interested in continuing doing ranked wzs, let me know or reply here. I can be found in game on most evenings and I spend most of my time on Devíldog, Cheerleader, or imp-side Redskín.

My last request and this would be to the premade top-tier ranked teams. Don't be jerks. Simple as that. How often does it annoy a person playing when a team has won the game (like CW for example) and the team that's lost turtles to just get D medals and they are only to be attacked and potentially three capped. How often have we seen medal farming in Voidstar. Be a good sport and when a team has more or less surrendered, respect that. Now... If a team gives up before the game is over... that's utter crap and worthy of a little smacking around. It drives me crazy seeing a team turtle or give up when the game isn't even over. No room for quitters.

Sorry for the wall-o-text... let me know who is still interested.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool deal Vas... thanks for chiming in. I know most of us in RG raid on M and Th, with some occassional stuff in between, so we overlap well. BTW... if you ever need a sage healer for PVE, let me know. Cheerleader is in a mix of campaign/dread and has done everything... insert joke here.

Hey Devil,

Great post, I am still available to guard off nodes in pug ranked. I really enjoy the social aspect of the pug groups, I think it is good for the server. Judging by the people we were getting in the PUG ranked, if we split it up and made solid comps I think we can give most guilds a good game.

However the captain's picking was one of my favorite parts. So if we set up a trade system after the picks, I think we can still run pugs are few nights of the week. I know most people likely raid, it seems like wednesdays were the days when we got the most people to show, so we should keep that night going.

Cheers,

Hobi

Cool deal Vas... thanks for chiming in. I know most of us in RG raid on M and Th, with some occassional stuff in between, so we overlap well. BTW... if you ever need a sage healer for PVE, let me know. Cheerleader is in a mix of campaign/dread and has done everything... insert joke here.

Sorry Devil you may not go in my raid group that is all!:p

Anyways, I would love to help if you need me. Now I do require to be in same grp as Vasyel, Decimate and Ditto then G2G:P LOL.. But seriously, I can help out. I know PD is in talks of doing ranked but I kind of took a break from pvp so idk if I would be good this week to do it.

Love ya!

Thanks for chiming in all. This might start a little slow as we are revamping things, but I'll look into getting our own vent or mumble set up. I do agree Wednesdays seem to work best. I know I'll be on tonight. We can also set Barbie's priviledges to listen mode if she ends up wanting to talk to much :p

I'll continue to use /pubpvp.

One last thing I've always been confused about. Why do people go to PVE servers if they only want to PVP? Never understood that.

FYI to all.. I speak Barbie, so I'll translate... "I don't want you to outheal me"

hahahahahahahahhahaha DEVIL hahahahahahahhaha (mind you you are a good healer i can care less who out heals me because I carry my own that is all and I out healed you many times:P) lucky I love you. It was more like join PD then maybe you JERK.

Thanks for chiming in all. This might start a little slow as we are revamping things, but I'll look into getting our own vent or mumble set up. I do agree Wednesdays seem to work best. I know I'll be on tonight. We can also set Barbie's priviledges to listen mode if she ends up wanting to talk to much :p

I'll continue to use /pubpvp.

One last thing I've always been confused about. Why do people go to PVE servers if they only want to PVP? Never understood that.

Hey you would be bored.. maybe next time I will remind you to be in right cell for damage OOOOOOOO

IMO, the only way to get better at ranked pvp (which of course has an entirely different dynamic than regs) is to play teams that are better than you. Sometimes you win, usually you lose. The point is, you'll start to see what works and what doesn't. Having said that, I'm always willing to captain or play on a pug ranked team both to have fun and help less experianced players. Add me on Caprica of you'd like.

IMO, the only way to get better at ranked pvp (which of course has an entirely different dynamic than regs) is to play teams that are better than you. Sometimes you win, usually you lose. The point is, you'll start to see what works and what doesn't. Having said that, I'm always willing to captain or play on a pug ranked team both to have fun and help less experianced players. Add me on Caprica of you'd like.

Caprica log in like now:) I love joo and I do agree with Cap we should all practice! Btw Cap is mine.

I've said before but I'll say again, I'll heal either faction if needed and I'm not running with Uncensored but if I end being needed I'll have to drop group.

The only barrier it seems is a chat client, once/if Devildog or someone else sets that up there's no reason kick-ball can't continue as before you'll just face tougher competition and as such might want to put a bit more focus on comps.

This is my first mmo and I had no idea I'd even try a warzone once when I got into this game. PvP sounded like a bad thing in a game like a mmorpg. That may be because I used to play RTS I don't really know. Anyway I started playing with having only PvE in mind but when my real life friends stopped playing, I lost my interest for PvE mostly.

Guardian tank, 3 healers(1 bubble stun) either 3 smashers 1 gunslinger/sniper or 2 and 2. This should and will be one of the best setups to combat every team running 3 healers now.

You'll be able to have 2 guarding a node, simply because you have 3 healers obviously. I'd recommend one of your smashers be a sentinel and able to respec combat/carnage for huttball.

Guardian tank, 3 healers(1 bubble stun) either 3 smashers 1 gunslinger/sniper or 2 and 2. This should and will be one of the best setups to combat every team running 3 healers now.

You'll be able to have 2 guarding a node, simply because you have 3 healers obviously. I'd recommend one of your smashers be a sentinel and able to respec combat/carnage for huttball.

Overrated. 8 scoundrels

/thread

OK... there appears to be enough interest in doing this still, so I will get a mumble or vent server... haven't decided which. If it ultimately isn't used enough to justify, I'll just cancel it, but it can be a social spot for any pug PVP... fine with me. I'll make the capacity 50. Won't get to it tonight, but probably tomorrow during work sometime.

Save the Cheerleader.. Save the world!

Save Barbie... Make Ken Happy

You decide.