Post your "solutions" to World PvP for planets where both factions can fight.

SithEBM-Reborn

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the most fun solution I've come up with is to just outright allow the players to gank and assault, then start a server-wide event called "call to arms", offering a reward for...

Imperials: "Getting revenge"

Republic: "Bringing to justice"

... against any player engaging in combat in enemy territory, to play to the story with it.

Basically, you could commit an act of war by attacking the enemy faction's territory to attract players to an open world brawl that gives daily valor, xp, credit, and commendation rewards for killing enemy players at or above your level.

Not only would this add a whole new layer of awesome to the pvp server, but it would balance out some of the bullying by attracting more resistance to them in faction-owned territory, and restricting the easy-gank areas to contested areas.

Also, reset the legacy achievements and restrict to at or above your level, lol. This would make me happy just to see Bioware take the kid's toys away when they couldn't play nice with them. :p

I'd say the community as a whole would be better off, and more players would be apt to toss a little money in the hat to keep the servers up and running.

The problem with this is that it would turn into a "Win trading" scenario such as ilum or "Tol Barad" from WoW. While people did kill each other in WoW, that sort of PvP was actually "negative" in ilum. It can't cater to casuals and IMO, the only way this could work is if Cross-Server was implemented(Assuming we're talking about large scale PvP).

Ok make it like warzones then. If you complete the primary objective, you get full credit if you dont but complete the kills requirement, then you get half credit. Also the more you do to achieving the objective the more reward you get, like medals in WZs.

Ok make it like warzones then. If you complete the primary objective, you get full credit if you dont but complete the kills requirement, then you get half credit. Also the more you do to achieving the objective the more reward you get, like medals in WZs.

I like that revision!

At this point I would be glad to see anything. The stuff in this thread is good. They've added in PU boxes for dailies all over the place. I don't see why they don't at least leverage the same concept for PVP. Even simple **** like 'Kill 5 Evil Siffs on Oricon' would be fine with me.

Damn OP I never thought I'd see your name in here again, welcome back!

P.S. - Free Ugly.

Thank you!

My "solution" for world PvP - Play another game for your PvP fix. Until there's a MAJOR change to this games engine, hoping for anything beyond 8v8 seems pointless.

I mainly play Civilization 5, the batman Arkham games, and FF7 nowadays.

I do like your ideas though :)

Thank you!

My "solution" for world PvP - Play another game for your PvP fix. Until there's a MAJOR change to this games engine, hoping for anything beyond 8v8 seems pointless.

I do like your ideas though :)

Honestly, this. I don't even have the motivation to write an essay on multiple ideas for WPvP because EAware just doesn't plain care. They haven't cared since the removal of vanilla Ilum. I'm just waiting for Battlefront III for my Star Wars PvP fix because it's clear that casuals and the CM come first before anything else.

P.S. HAI TUXXY <3

Honestly, this. I don't even have the motivation to write an essay on multiple ideas for WPvP because EAware just doesn't plain care. They haven't cared since the removal of vanilla Ilum. I'm just waiting for Battlefront III for my Star Wars PvP fix because it's clear that casuals and the CM come first before anything else.

P.S. HAI TUXXY <3

I can't blame you. We invented a petition would would have addressed many of the problems we are seeing today but they ignored it and closed the thread.

Honestly, this thread is just a "Guide" for BioWare to follow if they decide to do something about world PvP.

I can't blame you. We invented a petition would would have addressed many of the problems we are seeing today but they ignored it and closed the thread.

Honestly, this thread is just a "Guide" for BioWare to follow if they decide to do something about world PvP.

The thread did end up dying off but then somehow was randomly made relevant again, then they deleted it. They really should have heeded our warnings and taken the initiative to be proactive, but due to their shortsightedness they are now facing the consequences, and to add insult to injury the Pot5 server is basically dead PvP-wise.

Ok here is my thought on a way to encourage open world PVP with minimum coding. Make a instance for each world striped down, no NPC. Each planet would have a level spread. Each base could be a faction stronghold, nothing new added but an objective node at each taxi. When one faction controls all the bases, that planet is theirs.

This is repeated for all planets.

Rewards: Coms and valor for kills. I really like the OP idea of a increased mount speed. This could be a 2% boost per planet controlled faction wide. A monthly vanity reward for the faction that's controlling the most systems. There are a ton of little things that can be used in this scenario, guild ranks and titles for successful sacks of enemy outposts.

^^ This.

Star Wars is ALL ABOUT PVP. Before Han Solo finishes his 1st scene he is blasting Greedo in the Face. Clasic Smuggler vs. Bounty Hunter (yes I know Greedo wasn't an Imp, but a Hutt stooge; however, my Point stands). I would totally support this Idea. Currently on Jung Ma, it seems OWPVP can only start when some 55's get bored, start ganking lowbies (which i find stupid) with the intent of causing an outrage (and this happens w/ both factions so I'm not finger pointing) & getting other faction 55's to show up & start a brawl.

With Ceaser's suggestion above 55's no longer have to involve lowbies (which most of the players I talk to don't want to do, but see it as a means to an end) when doing OWPVP. It also makes the fact that the war (which if i understand the storyline correctly so far) is supposed to be back on because Kuat was attacked real. So it would only be natural that we should fight for & own planets. As for the instance... I think it could be implemented the same way Raids are. Before going to the planet you get the option to set what you want Story Mode = Questing & "Combat Zone" (Couldn't think of anything more clever) = PVP. This option would be perfect because it would eliminate the need for higher leveled players to mess with lowbies & if one chooses to continue in that act then it can be justly called grieving. Also, since I am on an RP-PVP server it also allows an area for the RP group to be if they don't feel like their toon is in the mood to dispense indiscriminate justice on the opposing faction.

And i dont see how it could be that big of a strain to implement since the Planet models/maps are already designed. Just up the level of the opposing factions mobs to 55 & move all the imp mobs to the Imp maps & the pub mobs to the pub maps to act like troops for the army & let us have at it. Imps invade pub maps to take control & pubs attack Imp maps to take control. I would be a GLORIOUS!!

The problem I see with avoiding the attacking of lower level players directly is that they'll still do it, even if it's less often. Ultimately, there's gonna be bullies no matter what, but if incentive to attack players of a lower level is removed in-game, and incentive to respond to those who attack lower level players is added, it'll balance out the risks and benefits of "ganking".

Again, the ganking issue is what's keeping players from leveling up characters and learning to play them in pvp engagements. These guys discourage everyone from trying, and need to be dealt with in order to populate the server.

Yes, you'd be able to start a war by doing it, but again, it's literally common enough that I see it every day with or without the in game benefits. What I Don't see is players coming to help the defensive in either faction.

The fights are already started often enough, they're just never finished because of the manner in which they are fought. (one lowbie against one or several 55 w/ endgame gear). i.e. murder('gank'), not war(owpvp).

Gotta remove incentive by pulling rewards for kills against lower level players.

Gotta outnumber them when they do it anyway to get them out of your faction's territory and clear the area for those who are trying to quest / level.

So you subbed again just so you can go tell other people to unsub?

Ultimately it doesn't really matter. If a person has any mind of his own, he will unsub because he isn't having fun, not because others are telling he is told he isn't fun. If you aren't having fun, then unsub. You don't owe anyone anything. I quit when the content has run dry for me and when Bioware plans for the game no longer suit my needs.

In other news, about time Jurgens had the huevos to use to his actual name instead of hiding behind all the farce names.

Edited by Nickious

Nope. He has a VERY valid point. Why he's here is irrelevant and is just a blatant attack to defame him.

Ultimately doesn't really matter. If a person has any mind of his own, he will unsub because isn't having fun, not because others are telling he is told he isn't fun. If you aren't having fun, then unsub. You don't owe anyone anything.

In other news, about time Jurgens had the huevos to use to his actual name instead of hiding behind all the farce names.

Actually EA/BioWare owe us. We tried helping them out. They ignored our petition and now are suffering the consequences of their actions. I also have no clue what you mean by hiding behind all the farce names. Care to clarify on that?

Of course not. One of my friends who quit gave me $15 for my birthday and he asked me to go back to the forums one last time. I'd never pay my own money for a game where the developers don't care about the community.

Please try to remain on topic.

Ultimately it doesn't really matter. If a person has any mind of his own, he will unsub because he isn't having fun, not because others are telling he is told he isn't fun. If you aren't having fun, then unsub. You don't owe anyone anything. I quit when the content has run dry for me and when Bioware plans for the game no longer suit my needs.

This is a thread regarding solutions to world PvP and unless you have any constructive ideas for WPvP, then I must ask you to either leave or contribute.

Of course not. One of my friends who quit gave me $15 for my birthday and he asked me to go back to the forums one last time. I'd never pay my own money for a game where the developers don't care about the community.

......someone paid you(gifted you) 15 dollars to come back to SWTOR forums.................................*pause for effect**......................Sounds legit.

On topic: I gave a suggestion earlier and its been said before, but until the engine is changed or they make a breakthrough in coding for the game, it will never be able to handle more than 16 players in one area with no lag. Best to seek world pvp in a game that can support it. Also faction imbalance is really bad on a lot of servers making the whole OWPVP thing kind of pointless....now if it were sith vs sith(infaction fighting!!!) or pub vs pub. Then yeah it might see some light......but until something changes you will not have any battle royales in SWTOR in terms of OWPVP without serious framerate drop.

......someone paid you(gifted you) 15 dollars to come back to SWTOR forums.................................*pause for effect**......................Sounds legit.

On topic: I gave a suggestion earlier and its been said before, but until the engine is changed or they make a breakthrough in coding for the game, it will never be able to handle more than 16 players in one area with no lag. Best to seek world pvp in a game that can support it. Also faction imbalance is really bad on a lot of servers making the whole OWPVP thing kind of pointless....now if it were sith vs sith(infaction fighting!!!) or pub vs pub. Then yeah it might see some light......but until something changes you will not have any battle royales in SWTOR in terms of OWPVP without serious framerate drop.

It was his birthday recently. Almost everyone gets an unexpected surprise like that on their birthday. Doesn't seem fishy to me. Holy hell, I think I just made an oxymoron. :o

Anyways, this is why this thread is a "solution" thread for WPvP and not a solution thread for it. See what I mean? This thread serves as more of a temporary bandaid for EAware to possibly use while they have time for their dev team to continue to improve the engine for hopefully more smooth and improved WPvP for the future.

I wasn't lying but on topic I think that world PvP can work if it's implemented properly.

Edited by SithEBM-Reborn

Before I go ahead and post this I'd like to acknowledge the fact that the likelyhood of this idea ever happening is basically none. Between the time it would take to develop, faction balance and the game's server issues it'd probably be too much. Even so, I can dream.

Earlier in this thread someone mentioned the idea of taking an entire planet and stripping it of NPC's to use purely for PvP. This gave me the idea to take a planet and turn it into essentially a continuous warzone. In the spirit of Bioware's new "Invasion" arc, I figured the best locations for this would be Tython and Korriban. (These would be instances completely seperate from the starter planets, so no worries about the newbies.) I picture the planets having a bit of a redesign with buildings burnt out or partially destroyed, the ground pock marked with craters, crashed starships here and there, etc. Not just because it'd look cool but also to give the planets some more PvP utility (burnt out buildings could be sniper nests, hollowed out starships could contain health or speed boosts, obstacles could be placed for LoS, etc.).

The ultimate goal on each planet would be for the attacking faction to capture the other factions temple (Sith Temple on Korriban, Jedi Temple on Tython) and thus, take the planet. To make the battle actually engaging, and at least somewhat resemble an actual war, it should be harder for the attacking faction to capture an enemy planet than it is for the home team to defend it. To this end, I have a few ideas.

• The areas immediately surrounding the temples on each planet would still contain NPC's that help in the base's defense; say Jedi/Sith defenders, war droids and turret NPC's. Scattered across the planet there would also be three additional strategic points to capture, each with its own node (I imagine a node that works similar to Novare coast that would represent raising/lowering a faction's banner). Capturing these points would cut off the defenders from their reinforcements and thus, disable some of the NPC's.

Example: Say for Tython these nodes would be located in the Twi'lek village, the ruins of kaleth, and the gnarls. Capturing the gnarls would cut off the Jedi reinforcements (Jedi NPC's disappear). The ruins would cut off the droids power source (war droid NPC's shut down), and say the village cuts off the twi'leks that man the turrets (gun turrets go silent).

• The invaders need to hold a three cap to eliminate all of the temple's defenses. Difficult? Yes, but that's the point. Conquering a planet shouldn't be easy, and should require time and coordination. Additionally, it still would be possible to capture the temple without these other nodes, just a whole lot tougher. Spreading the action out also would open up some opportunities for ppl less interested in objectives and more interested in the joy of ganking. Solos could hang out along the paths between nodes (another fun use for downed ships and burned out buildings) and jump stragglers rushing to reinforce their teammates.

• Capturing the temple would work the same as the other points, with a node to raise the banner. This particular banner may take more time to raise to add to the difficulty. It may make more sense for this node to be inside the temple, but even in my fantasy that would be a cluster****. Rather the node would be atop the temple stairs, right at the entrance, surrounded by NPC's when they're active. The defending team's respawn point would also be near the temple.

• Functionally, these planets would act like any other warzone, with the key difference being the size and that anyone can enter and leave the instance as if it were any other planet.

• Bolster would apply on these planets. This would eliminate lowbie ganking as an issue, and additionally would encourage everyone from levels 10 to 55 to come and aid in the defense or siege of the planet. 55's would still have an advantage with superior gear (for the most part) and having all of their abilities.

• Rewards would work similar to regular warzones. Once you enter the instance you could start to earn medals, though the requirements would be higher than those in regular wz's as you'll likely be staying longer (so say instead of 350k heals, 1mil for a medal. Instead of 1 solo kill, 5. Medals for holding all three strategic points and/or the temple, etc.). Once you leave the instance these medals could be turned in at a terminal for wz/ranked comms, probably at a higher return rate than the reg wz medals. This would act as your daily, once you decide to turn in your medals you wouldn't be able to turn in any more until the terminal resets the next day.

• If a faction holds BOTH planets they could recieve additional server wide rewards, like say a 5% increase in wz/ranked comm returns. Increase in credits earned from PvP.... use your imagination here. =P

Anyway, I've probably spent enough time rambling about this since it will never happen. Just felt like venting.

So basically your being paid to cause trouble.

Interesting how you do it. You invent a thread that claims to be about creating solutions, knowing that nearly all posted solutions will be idealistic and impractical, you then demand people stay on topic so that you can sound more legitimate and to try to stifle people from letting out the nature of the thread. Then later if you haven't gotten banned again, you can say BW doesn't listen to players since they didn't implement all the impractical ideas in the thread, and then use that as ammunition to get gullible people to unsub.

Edited by Zoom_VI

One of the better ideas I've heard Cain :)

So basically your being paid to cause trouble.

Interesting how you do it. You invent a thread that claims to be about creating solutions, knowing that nearly all posted solutions will be idealistic and impractical, you then demand people stay on topic so that you can sound more legitimate and to try to stifle people from letting out the nature of the thread. Then later if you haven't gotten banned again, you can say BW doesn't listen to players since they didn't implement all the impractical ideas in the thread, and then use that as ammunition to get gullible people to unsub.

Wake the f*** up, he just cares about the game and wants it to be better than the mediocrity that it is and will continue to be, without change. Not all ideas presented have been impractical, but they do require work, to which BW replies with "too much coding". Why would he want people to unsub, except as a means of protest of the s***ty way this game is being run compared to its potential? Go home and buy more cartel packs biodrone apologist.

Edited by JediMasterSLC