Fraudulant Crafter, The Harbringer, Empire

ClarkWGriswald

To all my fellow SWtoR players. Before I get into about what I am going to type, I know I am going to get a lot of the following responses so please keep them to yourselves:

Quit QQing

Why didn't you check his crafting abilities?

Go to the GTN and buy the mod

Have your guild make the mod

ETC ETC ETC

Well here I go. I play on The Harbringer server, Empire Side in the US. I was looking for a crafter to make Advanced Deflecting Mod 27 on the Imperial Fleet. A player by the name of Lordxrevn told me he would make the mod the for free if I had the mats. I traded with Lorxrevn and he then asked me for 20k. I gave him the 20k and he left. I whispered him to ask where he was going and he placed me on ignore.

I logged onto another character and whispered Lordxrevn. He basically told me he didn't know what I was talking about. After I told him I could have his account banned, he told me if I gave him 25k he would give me back the mats. I told him I would give him 17k which would give him 37k total that his already taken from me. He told me to meet him on Belsavis. I told him no and meet on fleet and invite to group. He placed me on ignore again. This goes to show you he's a liar and a cheat.

If this player is in your guild or on your friends list, he can not be trusted. All I want is my mats and credits back or I'll take the mod and you can have the mats and credits I don't care at this point.

Just to let you guys or gals know I already reported him in game and on this website. If you play on The Harbringer don't trust this player. Players like Lordxrevn make MMO's not fun at all to play.

Thank you all for looking at this post,

Clarkw

So you get screwed over for mats and cash and your response is to give him yet more cash? And then you come here with a disclaimer in your post? ROFLMAO

Just report the guy and get your stuff back, if he screwed you he probably screwed more.

Yes took screen shots of the conversation. Got the usual reply, "Thanks for letting us know about this issue, we will investigate the issue and take any action if there is a violation of the agreement".

That is all you will get. They will not inform you of any actions if any are taken either outside of money or items returned to you. That's policy though, not wrongdoing on their part.

Edited by TheBBP

That's a shame.

I'm guessing that he's not really a crafter just some guy who decided to behave like a tool - since for a crafter to pull something like that, is basically the end of his business.

I don't blame you - I have myself handed over mats to crafters for mods/ hilts/ barrels, etc. There's a certain amount of trust involved.

Why not report this upstanding citizen to his guild leader? Perhaps shaming from his peers and friends may persuade him to return your mats.

Might want to post this on the server forums...

Although doesn't BW/EA have rules that you can't call someone out by name in the forums? I thought someone else said they did have that rule. Because really, you could just be mad at the guy and want to hurt his crafting business. We don't know. That's why reporting him was the correct response. Hopefully in your report, you mentioned your missing mats; they should give you those back.

Good Evening,

I am the Guild Master of the guild that that player is in. I want to let you know I have gotten your information from my officers in the guild and have emailed you in game. I do not condone these actions whatsoever and will not tolerate it at all.

Our plans are to get you your money back plus your mats. I am extremely sorry for your inconvienance.

For future referance if you need "legit" crafters i can guide you in the right direction.

I am attempting to handle this personally and I appreciate that you didnt call our Guild out in the forums. That member was on a temporary ban but upon completion of my investigation into the matter he will be removed from the guild. There is no room here for people who would do something so low.

Edited by Linkgusta

On a related note, you should always ask for premades. If they can afford to RE the stuff to get the schematic, they can afford to make the items before trading with you. Any endgame crafter worth their salt will have a few Stabilizers on hand for custom orders. :)

Good Evening,

I am the Guild Master of the guild that that player is in. I want to let you know I have gotten your information from my officers in the guild and have emailed you in game. I do not condone these actions whatsoever and will not tolerate it at all.

Our plans are to get you your money back plus your mats. I am extremely sorry for your inconvienance.

For future referance if you need "legit" crafters i can guide you in the right direction.

I am attempting to handle this personally and I appreciate that you didnt call our Guild out in the forums. That member was on a temporary ban but upon completion of my investigation into the matter he will be removed from the guild. There is no room here for people who would do something so low.

Good.

On a related note, you should always ask for premades. If they can afford to RE the stuff to get the schematic, they can afford to make the items before trading with you. Any endgame crafter worth their salt will have a few Stabilizers on hand for custom orders. :)

Being an end game crafter, I would have to disagree with this. You expect us to have 27 mods, armors, and enhancements just sitting in our inventory waiting for someone to come along and ask us for them? Or, are you saying we should have extra stabs, take an order, craft with our stabs, and then HOPE the buyer comes back with stabs to trade?

Good Evening,

Bravo!

Being an end game crafter, I would have to disagree with this. You expect us to have 27 mods, armors, and enhancements just sitting in our inventory waiting for someone to come along and ask us for them? Or, are you saying we should have extra stabs, take an order, ceaft with our stabs, and then HOPE the buyer comes back with stabs to trade?

Being an end game crafter, i would disagree with YOU.

Firstly, if you could GET the shematic, youd have to RE mods, and youd have stabilizers from them.

Secondly, if your advertising in chat asking to sell them, your always going to get a responce, unless its a mod with cunning and defense rating >.> So if someone asks for premades only, and you make one, the chances are around 99% that theylle come back, if not, you can sell them in general, easily.

I always sell premades, as people know im legit if i do, and theres no chance i could every steal mats...

Being an end game crafter, I would have to disagree with this. You expect us to have 27 mods, armors, and enhancements just sitting in our inventory waiting for someone to come along and ask us for them? Or, are you saying we should have extra stabs, take an order, craft with our stabs, and then HOPE the buyer comes back with stabs to trade?

Complete agree with you as I use to do my fair share of end game crafting. I didn't always have mats on hand or want to premake a lot of items to have on hand. One thing I did have was credits. So as a rule for some first time requests I would have no issue with giving the person I was crafting for a deposit for the mats they were giving me. So they give me 800k in mats, I gave them 800k in credits. When I was done I would COD it back for 800k. This way all parties were covered. Usually with repeat clients I didn't have to do this but I also never scammed anyone.

Moral is unless you either know the crafter or they are recommended to you, cover yourself cause no one else will.

And as someone else said if he is in a guild, see if you can get in touch with the guild leader or officer. Most guilds don't want to have their reps tainted by people like this and will try to make it right.

Hello,

It has been brought to my attention that you werent the only player scammed yesterday, I was under the impression that I had emailed you in game. I have infact not done so. That was an entirely different player.

My prior statement still stands I do plan on paying you back the mats + creds that the player took from you. If you could send me a email in game I would greatly appreciate it and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Character name Siön that o is alt code 148. The sooner you get ahold of me the sooner i can help you out with your situation. And again I do apologize for the ignorance of that player.

Hello,

It has been brought to my attention that you werent the only player scammed yesterday, I was under the impression that I had emailed you in game. I have infact not done so. That was an entirely different player.

My prior statement still stands I do plan on paying you back the mats + creds that the player took from you. If you could send me a email in game I would greatly appreciate it and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Character name Siön that o is alt code 148. The sooner you get ahold of me the sooner i can help you out with your situation. And again I do apologize for the ignorance of that player.

Do note they will get their mats back from bioware.

Give them a consolation gift if you wish, but do not feel obligated...

I am well aware of this. However it is an obligation to pay their mats back + the tip as well. I am in a more well known guild on the server and things such as this just give us a bad name which we do not want. So now instead the player will get double the mats and be ahead of the game. Its a pride in your guild type thing. Im sure you understand :)

I am well aware of this. However it is an obligation to pay their mats back + the tip as well. I am in a more well known guild on the server and things such as this just give us a bad name which we do not want. So now instead the player will get double the mats and be ahead of the game. Its a pride in your guild type thing. Im sure you understand :)

I really do appreciate you stepping up to the plate light. I am a friend of one who was ripped off aizen. Thank you for your help and the guild oppression thanks you for your help and cooperation

Good Evening,

It is great to see members taking pride in their online presence rather than seeing it as something that they can hide behind. This is a great example of how things should be handled.

Well done Linkgusta! Well done indeed! This is what we need from GMs, guilds and the community as a whole. Yes... there are bad apples in every bunch, but how they are handled (rooted out and expunged) makes all the difference in the world. Edited by Rafaman

Well done Linkgusta! We done indeed! This is what we need from GMs, guilds and the community as a whole. Yes... there are bad apples in every bunch, but how they are handled (rooted out and expunged) makes all the difference in the world.

So far I have still not heard back from this player. However I have taken some actions.

First, the player that was stealing has not only been removed from my guild but I have also put word out amongst my fellow Gm's of his indiscressions and that he is not to be trusted and I would not recomend him for recruitment into any respectable guild on our server.

I have gotten in contact with the first player he scammed and paid him back in full Mats + Credits from my personal inventory. I plan on doing the same with the player who posted this forum and then once that is complete I will file a report with BioWare to have that individuals account banned for breaking the User Terms License Agreement. Considering BioWare is taking cheating very seriously these days I am sure they wont have a problem with that.

These actions are not only to defend the reputation of my Guild but also to protect SWToR from players such as himself. We all pay to play this game and we do not want to have it ruined by such players with crude acts like this. I have earned all my mats/gear honestly as well as many other players why cant he do it too. So by me repaying you the mats+credits and BioWare most likely paying you out the same you should be better off than when you started.

I run a PvE based Guild and I know how difficult it can be to obtain gear, materials, and credits.

This is just an update on the actions I have personally taken against the player and to let you know that I still have not heard from you in game. Contact me again at your earliest convienance.

Siön (Alt Code=148)

<Axiöm>

Siön (Alt Code=148)

<Axiöm>

Just a side not for folks. If you copy (Highlight name > right-click > copy; or ctrl-c.) his name here, there is no need for messing with the alt-code. You can just paste it in-game.

Edited by TheBBP

Faith in humanity +1.

And now on to the Shadow subforums for a -5.

Ok when I first looked at the OP's post I thought "he's never getting his stuff back."

That GM is one hell of a nice guy.

This thread has restored my faith in humanity (slightly).