Canceled my sub > few questions

lironBD

Hi,

I've just canceled my sub to the game and I understand my account will become "Preferred account", my question is according the the FREE page I lose access to cargo hold and other stuff.

what will happen to my 9 characters which some are lvl 50 with 2 cargo hold each and plenty of items in GTN? I would prefer to freeze my account until I'll re-sub on it's current status rather then to lose all of my items and some of my characters\legacy unlocks.

if you wonder why I unsub'd this is the note I've wrote on cancel sub page:

the game itself is extremely fun to play but after reaching to level 50 with 4 characters doing all flashpoints on HM and story mod and doing most ops I find myself logging in and have nothing to do.

there is no incentive or me to gear up with new more powerful gear cause it will serve no purpose as I'm already able to access 90% of all content in the game.

I also find that updates with new places to go or thing to do are extremely slow to come and mostly if I've finished doing my daily missions again and maybe some WZ or FP here and there I have absolutely nothing to do, aspire or achieve in the game.

I'm member of active guild but beside ops here and there we got no activity which we can do as a group that are not more of the same.

mainly this is mmo game but the feeling is that this is more like co-op single player instead and once I've reached this point it's truly not fun any longer and therefor I'm not willing to pay for full sub right now.

Also I find it very frustrating that the game suffer with annoying bugs every new update and that updating major patches takes entire day without ETA whatsoever, as an example I may share with you that after doing over 5 hours the hk-51 quest line I've got hk without any gear or weapon and now I can't use him.

oh so basically I can log in check out what's new and if I resub my items which are in cargo etc will be unlocked?

and there is limited number of char slot for this type of account? I mean if there is how the game will choose which of my alts I'll be able to log in with?

just read in depth the faq, seems lots of limitations any chance to freeze my account instead of f2p it?

I guess they will screw it up somehow so I'll probably lose stuff.

Edited by lironBD

I guess they will screw it up somehow so I'll probably lose stuff.

good job listening to the people above you.

And way to already go from "will this happen?" to "this will happen" without getting a post from someone who knows more about this

good job listening to the people above you.

I did read their posts but after reading the faq of FREE page in depth I can see there are some large number of "WHAT IF?"

like,

*I have 9 characters which one I'll be able to access

* I have many cargo holds across my legacy will I be able to remove items from them or everything in them will be locked until I resub?

* what will happen to my credits or tokens which are above the maximum amount available?

*etc...

my point is that right now I'm pretty had enough swtor but in the future when there will be new content I will want to re sub and have fun with it so how to make sure nothing will break in the process?

I did read their posts but after reading the faq of FREE page in depth I can see there are some large number of "WHAT IF?"

like,

*I have 9 characters which one I'll be able to access

You should read through the Free-to-play FAQ at http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6449 but a couple of answers pulled from the FAQ

- If you convert to Preferred Status, you will need to choose which two (2) of your characters will remain active, and play those characters within the limits of Free-to-Play access.

However, I have heard that this currently is not implemented and that preferred players have access to all characters. But this is probably a bug.

* I have many cargo holds across my legacy will I be able to remove items from them or everything in them will be locked until I resub?

- If you previously had more than one bay in your Cargo Hold, you will also retain access to your additional bay(s) as a courtesy.

And finally, although it is not clear, I believe you retain your credits/tokens, but just do not receive any new ones until you drop under the cap.

Edited by LOWTHOR