Is Grav Round worth getting ?

dbzcool

Hi all. I'm primarily a healer but was wondering if this ability is worth getting. I'm a level 47 mando now and was playing around with my expertise points.

Was just a curious question.

Currently i'm using mostly all my points on the healer tree but like I said, I'm gonna be playing around with my points now that I'm a higher level.

Hi all. I'm primarily a healer but was wondering if this ability is worth getting. I'm a level 47 mando now and was playing around with my expertise points.

Was just a curious question.

Currently i'm using mostly all my points on the healer tree but like I said, I'm gonna be playing around with my points now that I'm a higher level.

If you're a healer, you're a healer. If your DPS, you're DPS.

Meaning, no, you don't need Grav as healer. Charged Shot/Full Auto/Sticky are more than sufficient for healers.

Charged Shots do slightly more baseline damage than Gravs, at the cost of being a "white" attack which is deflectable/dodgable/shieldable (yellows will also be shieldable in 2.0, but not dodgable).

Yer, never go both healer and DPS. If you do that, you're going to be bad at healing and bad at DPS.

Choose one or the other and go with it. If you're like me and swap specs all the time, make sure to put by some credits and buy yourself the field respec ability from legacy. Allows you to change your skill point allocation anywhere for free (given you're a subscriber)

Don't let someone tell you that a hybrid spec (which is what you would be looking at to get grav round and healing) is not viable (usually not the most sought after option however). Consider play style, some people can dish out much more utility to offset the dps-heal loss. If you find playing two roles is too cumbersome then you will want to stick with a single role or swap back and forth.

Of course for some things like ranked warzones or HM ops, etc you will probably need to hold a single roll to put out the best numbers. Although with warzones if you do play better hybrid and can still kick tail so be it.

Edited by Luceon

I wont speak for or against Commando viable hyrbid builds as i havent used one.

But, part of getting grav round is getting curtain of fire, charged barrel, grav surge and Demo round, if you want to go grav on a hybrid i would highly recommend getting Grav Surge, you wont be doing anywhere close to decent DPs, the best you could hope for is to boost your team ever so slightly by having grav procs on imps.

Against non tank spec Juggs i can burn almost anything down in Lowbie in 1 rotation with Curtain of fire proc, and the odd 3k Demo crit.

You could also utilise grav rounds ok ish damage to finish off under 30% health folk.

The best way would be to test it yourself, but it will split your focus and grav round has a 1.5 activation time.

Luco