Exploiters Need to be Punished

Draqsko

All the top ranked guilds were on the PTS and they played with the system extensively, they know all the bugs, and if you've noticed, have been exploiting them, step by step. After you fix the "latest" augment bug, which one is going to be exploited next? It's like playing Russian Roulette, the only difference is that some people already know which chamber is loaded and are taking advantage of that fact. Pretty soon, if not already, those people will be in full CQ gear, while the rest of us who play honestly will be at a gear disadvantage because we didn't exploit and maximize our comm gains.

I get why people weren't punished for using the Valor exploit on Ilum, it's a pretty meaningless number once you got over 60, and you could basically get to 50 Valor while leveling up so the exploit didn't have much impact. But the bolster system exploits being used now, WILL have a major impact on the speed at which people are gearing up with the new sets. The people using them need to be punished, if they don't like it and leave the game, that is a good thing. You'll gain far more customers to replace them once people realize that you have something called integrity. But allowing these people to continually abuse the system, and get away unscathed, is destroying the PVP player-base of this game.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there's no way they are going to punish people, it has been going on for way too long and they would have to punish a significant part of their player base for something that is their fault alone. What they need to do is fix it one way or another and now, not at some point in the distant future.

At this point it's just current BIS, if you wanna be competitive you have to do it, it's how it was designed.

The problem is that not everyone knows about the exploit, so how can they be competitive? The players who just like to que up for wz will get frustrated and quit because they always seem to be out matched. And Draqsko is right, once they fix this, what is next? I think using an exploit violates the TOS even if BW is the one who caused it.

The problem is that not everyone knows about the exploit, so how can they be competitive? The players who just like to que up for wz will get frustrated and quit because they always seem to be out matched. And Draqsko is right, once they fix this, what is next? I think using an exploit violates the TOS even if BW is the one who caused it.

ofc it does, but if 100% of you players are violating the tos you'll obviously not ban them. while it's not close to 100% here, i believe it's too many for them to be able to do something about it

It is violating the TOS.

There is no other way around it.

It is a method of playing the game in a way not intended by the game developers to gain an advantage over other players.

ofc it does, but if 100% of you players are violating the tos you'll obviously not ban them. while it's not close to 100% here, i believe it's too many for them to be able to do something about it

Doesn't matter how you look at it. Exploiting is cheating. Cheaters should be banned.

there's no way they are going to punish people, it has been going on for way too long and they would have to punish a significant part of their player base for something that is their fault alone. What they need to do is fix it one way or another and now, not at some point in the distant future.

At this point it's just current BIS, if you wanna be competitive you have to do it, it's how it was designed.

You are failing to see what I am saying, yes you can do BIS right now, but these people already know all the bugs. They are exploiting them step by step by step to a) insure they will continually dominate warzones and maximize their comms, and b) will use a new exploit once the old one is fixed, continuing the fleecing of maximum comm gains. They could have just bugged it in game, and not used it, they could have reported it and still played honestly. I know I play honestly, without naked bolster, enhancement exploit, augment exploit, and I still top the charts in DPS. I know a healer that does not exploit and tops the charts in heals.

The point is you do not need to do this to be successful. The point is, these people who started abusing each bug one by one are doing this intentionally to ABUSE A BUG. Any other game, and this would be punished. It's a farce that these people go unpunished and profit from this. This is not Valor, this is directly affecting how people gear up, and will have longer term repercussions that go beyond the time the bug is actually fixed.

Doesn't matter how you look at it. Exploiting is cheating. Cheaters should be banned.

Yes. What i'm saying is it will hurt their bottom line too much to ban those in this case so they won't. Look at the augment thread. Right after eric musco posted he got asked directly wether they would ban those people. There is a reason he didn't answer. At some point when the next patch comes they will put a line somewhere that says "we decided not to take any action against people who used it" and that's gonna be it.

If they came out immediately when the first bug came out and said he guys we know it's broken just know that those who abuse it will be punished it might have been different, but after all this time without them saying anything about it it's too late, and more and more people are realizing this and abusing the crap out of the system.

You are failing to see what I am saying, yes you can do BIS right now, but these people already know all the bugs. They are exploiting them step by step by step to a) insure they will continually dominate warzones and maximize their comms, and b) will use a new exploit once the old one is fixed, continuing the fleecing of maximum comm gains. They could have just bugged it in game, and not used it, they could have reported it and still played honestly. I know I play honestly, without naked bolster, enhancement exploit, augment exploit, and I still top the charts in DPS. I know a healer that does not exploit and tops the charts in heals.

The point is you do not need to do this to be successful. The point is, these people who started abusing each bug one by one are doing this intentionally to ABUSE A BUG. Any other game, and this would be punished. It's a farce that these people go unpunished and profit from this. This is not Valor, this is directly affecting how people gear up, and will have longer term repercussions that go beyond the time the bug is actually fixed.

Although i do think you should calm down a tad, i do agree that these people who are openly exploiting the augment bug should be punished one way or another.

Anger doesn't get you heard, it will only attract the wrong people.

Yes. What i'm saying is it will hurt their bottom line too much to ban those in this case so they won't. Look at the augment thread. Right after eric musco posted he got asked directly wether they would ban those people. There is a reason he didn't answer. At some point when the next patch comes they will put a line somewhere that says "we decided not to take any action against people who used it" and that's gonna be it.

If they came out immediately when the first bug came out and said he guys we know it's broken just know that those who abuse it will be punished it might have been different, but after all this time without them saying anything about it it's too late, and more and more people are realizing this and abusing the crap out of the system.

1-2 week suspension is a pretty fair punishment, if it's a second offense, then perma-ban is the only option.

1-2 week suspension is a pretty fair punishment, if it's a second offense, then perma-ban is the only option.

i'd like to be proven wrong. i'd bet all my credits that i'm right though

Edited by sanchito

Although i do think you should calm down a tad, i do agree that these people who are openly exploiting the augment bug should be punished one way or another.

Anger doesn't get you heard, it will only attract the wrong people.

I'm not angry at anyone in this post right now, I'm angry at how this is being handled. It's encouraging exploiting. And I'm angry that I see good, honest, fun to play with/against people leaving this game because NOTHING is being done. I have patience, I understand bugs take time to fix, I can wait til they are fixed. But really to see exploiters get away with repeatedly exploiting the system, and to see honest players giving up and leaving because of said exploiting. I don't want my game to be devoid of honest, good players, and filled with exploiting hackers. I want to know that when I lose to someone, they beat me because they were better than me, not because they abused a bug.

I'm not angry at anyone in this post right now, I'm angry at how this is being handled. It's encouraging exploiting. And I'm angry that I see good, honest, fun to play with/against people leaving this game because NOTHING is being done. I have patience, I understand bugs take time to fix, I can wait til they are fixed. But really to see exploiters get away with repeatedly exploiting the system, and to see honest players giving up and leaving because of said exploiting. I don't want my game to be devoid of honest, good players, and filled with exploiting hackers. I want to know that when I lose to someone, they beat me because they were better than me, not because they abused a bug.

First of all, it isn't hacking.

Second, you are still very angry and like i said before, WILL NOT get you the responses you deserve/want.

You cannot ban somone for playing the game as it stands its not an exploit its just a fail system

You're very very wrong.

It is exploiting.

If they ban people or not, it is still an exploit.

Edited by Scotland

You're very very wrong.

It is exploiting.

If they ban people or not, it is still an exploit.

Yeah it is...though i kinda agree it's a fail system and the first persons to get punishment should be the BW's Q/A lol...

LOL, no logical company would hand out bans for a wide reaching issue like this that is this easy to do.

I'm not advocating banning, I am advocating something be done. Roll back comm gains, for example. They don't even need to have a human doing this, it's pretty easy to have a computer detect when someone hits 40k+ hp in a warzone, that's a definate red flag right there.

Heck, they could just increase the comm gains for being on the losing side until everything is fixed with bolster. But to do nothing, while some people are repeatedly exploiting every bug incrementally so that they will persistently have a longer advantage over those not exploiting, until everything is fixed and then they have the gear advantage until non-exploiters finally catch up, is reprehensible.

And it is not as far reaching as you think. Yes it is far reaching now because of the lack of repercussions, but most of those who are now using the exploits are doing it to level the field and be competitive. If given the option, the vast majority of people would not exploit, but it's no option to sit there and get your face smashed in repeatedly. Just look at the forum posts for removing bolster because of these exploits, do you honestly think that the original exploiters are the ones calling to remove it? Some people exploit in response, but others are just quitting PVP and doing PVE, and still others are leaving the game entirely. Doing nothing, results in SWTOR PVP taking a huge "arrow to the knee."

It costs credits to remove augments. The upgrade to stats in a warzone still comes with a price. I say its pretty fair or else they wouldnt be charging you to do it.

Lol at the kiddies calling for suspensions/bans for players using this feature in warzones. The bolster system is such a fail that you have no hoice but to use the augment feature to stay competitive.

Developers put these features in game on purpose.

Like contra, up up down down left right left right b a b a select start

It costs credits to remove augments. The upgrade to stats in a warzone still comes with a price. I say its pretty fair or else they wouldnt be charging you to do it.

Lol at the kiddies calling for suspensions/bans for players using this feature in warzones. The bolster system is such a fail that you have no hoice but to use the augment feature to stay competitive.

Developers put these features in game on purpose.

Like contra, up up down down left right left right b a b a select start

It costs 35 credits to remove a green low lvl augment, which gives you the same effect as removing a purple one,

You should read up more on the subject before commenting on it.