20 Powertechs and... 200 Mercenaries???

starwarsmarsian

Why are there so much more Mercs than PTs? Now, in my whole SWTOR 'career', I have seen like 20 PTs against 200 mercs. I would get the feeling Mercenary is not just an adv class, but a class, while there is a rare selection of PT's. I'm a Powertech myself, and I love it. They have flame sweep and carbonize, people! I also think the information when choosing an adv. class is too vague.

Mercenary

Two blaster pistols, heavy armor

Powertech

One blaster pistol, heavy armor

Show skill tree => Come on, when I was a newbie, I understood the hell of what a skill tree was.

This makes newbies think Mercs are automatically more powerful than PTs.

Edited by starwarsmarsian

Indeed, my main is a merc because when I started this game and I went to pick my advanced class, from what the 2 mofos were saying, merc was hinted as the dual wielding gunho dps, it took me months and endgame pve/pvp to find out I was tricked...

Those 200 mercs you see around in fleet? Most of them had the same tought, most of them will reroll, just like I did.

Edited by yoomazir

I had a basic idea of what I was getting into when I rolled my Merc as my first toon.

I don't really pvp, so no viability worries there

Heck, if we're just being honest.....it was the dual-wield capability. Merc had me at "hello" with the twin blasters

PT just didn't have the cool-factor for me. That, and I didn't want a tank

Having said that, I have a short attention span - I'm currently enamored with Sniper;)

Edited by Stressfire

Why are there so much more Mercs than PTs? Now, in my whole SWTOR 'career', I have seen like 20 PTs against 200 mercs. I would get the feeling Mercenary is not just an adv class, but a class, while there is a rare selection of PT's. I'm a Powertech myself, and I love it. They have flame sweep and carbonize, people! I also think the information when choosing an adv. class is too vague.

Mercenary

Two blaster pistols, heavy armor

Powertech

One blaster pistol, heavy armor

Show skill tree => Come on, when I was a newbie, I understood the hell of what a skill tree was.

This makes newbies think Mercs are automatically more powerful than PTs.

Expect more Mercs when 2.0 hits because we finally get a good CC, electro net.

Well.. I currently have a 50 VG and a 45 PT, back when they had good range on their attacks I loved them but after the "nerf" they didn't feel so special anymore. That being said, when I think about it, it wasn't really a nerf and I now think the reason I don't play is because they only really have 1 viable tree. SWTOR is the first MMO I've ever tried healing on and I love healing now, I just like the playstyle of merc and the single target healing is great (even though I love PvP and they aren't very good for it). I also think alot of new people choose merc because it just sounds like a good class. Run and gun with dual blasters and a jetpack seems pretty appealing.