HK 51 Companion for Low Levels

mackaster

So I got my HK51 comp on my 50. I then buy the companion on my lvl26 alt. Now the companion still comes with lvl50 gear. Though it shows red and the note states that the gear no longer meets requirements (as its much higher than the actual skill level.)

So my question, will the gear still work, as in can I just ignore it, or do I have to replace all the droid armor - which would suck to be honest?

Any ideas?

I bought the HK-51 for my newly made trooper and got the same things, but he still seems to use his weapon and he sitll hits pretty hard even if his armor is ineffective. I don't know if they remove his armor or not but if so then I guess we are stuck combing the galaxy for droid parts

Yes mine uses his weapon too. Now it is only the warnings that state his gear is no longer good for his level, I cannot see anything else that does. His stats look pretty good to be fair.

I have cybertech so I could make some green moddable droid armor and gear him up via that route, but if we pay for this, we should at least get armor with him that's scales to the level he comes in at

Yes mine uses his weapon too. Now it is only the warnings that state his gear is no longer good for his level, I cannot see anything else that does. His stats look pretty good to be fair.

I have cybertech so I could make some green moddable droid armor and gear him up via that route, but if we pay for this, we should at least get armor with him that's scales to the level he comes in at

That'd make too much sense. Here at Bioware we strive to take the illogical route and charge you more for less. :)