The most awesome response I received from CS so far!

Haggardbr

So, last night I requested a character restoration.

It was granted to me today morning with the following in-game mail from a CS representative (my name will be removed, of course):

Dear Sir,

My name is Leanne and I'm from the SWTOR's Customer Support team.

Thanks for contacting us regarding your missing comrade!

I know it may be upsetting to lose an ally so I can completely understand your eagerness to have them safely returned.

I've taken a look around the shadiest corners of the galaxy and with a little help from a shifty Bounty Hunter and a very enterprising Jawa, I am pleased to inform you I have been able to locate your comrade and return them to you safely! You should find them awaiting you ready for action next time you check in.

Given their antics, you may find it necessary to assign them a new identity next time you try to commission them... Hopefully, they'll stay out of trouble this time.

I laughed so hard at this response that I thought it would be nice to share it with you guys! :D

Edited by Haggardbr

So, last night I requested a character restoration.

It was granted to me today morning with the following in-game mail from a CS representative (names will be removed, of course):

I laughed so hard at this response that I thought it would be nice to share it with you guys! :D

Awesome! :D

that is an awesome CS reply!..

i really don't understand why the CS gets so much hate by a lot of people, i contacted them once last year and got my issue resolved quickly, and called again this afternoon for a new issue which they resolved in less than 30 minutes, they seem pretty good to me and judging from your story some have a great sense of humor too...

thx for sharing, that was cool... :cool:

Edited by Elly_Dawn

i really don't understand why the CS gets so much hate by a lot of people, i contacted them once last year and got my issue resolved quickly, and called again this afternoon for a new issue which they resolved in less than 30 minutes, they seem pretty good to me and judging from your story some have a great sense of humor too...

The levels of vitriolic bravado that anonymously operating from behind a computer screen can promote is often astounding. Great story OP. :) Edited by GalacticKegger

Same as everything else in RL, Just takes a few real ahole CS ppl to ruin the entire bunch's reputation. I too have had very positive dealings with them, even left very high praise feedback.

One of my friends in real life who plays the game also got a similar response. They deleted their 55 Commando and wanted it recovered.

The response was along the lines of 'we found your trooper training in the barracks awaiting reassignment. We have reassigned him to Havoc Squad however he will need a new identification'. Can't remember the exact wording but it was awesome.

... CS representative (names will be removed, of course):

I'd like to get an official response, I thought that it was only name and shame that was frowned upon. I don't think that a complement needs to be redacted. I don't know how BioWare is, but it's always "Praise in Public, Punish in Private", in my industry.

And well done CS Representative XXXXXXXXX! :p

Edited by Thylbanus

Man, when I got a character restored, they told me deleting characters wasn't meant for opening up server slot spaces. Almost sounded like a warning. Wish it would have been along the lines if this, would have been great. Other then that, I have had pleasant dealings with the CS, they always seem to help very quickly, and nicely.

Man, when I got a character restored, they told me deleting characters wasn't meant for opening up server slot spaces. Almost sounded like a warning. Wish it would have been along the lines if this, would have been great. Other then that, I have had pleasant dealings with the CS, they always seem to help very quickly, and nicely.

Really? Then why else would you delete a character; I'm curious.

I'd like to get an official response, I thought that it was only name and shame that was frowned upon. I don't think that a complement needs to be redacted. I don't know how BioWare is, but it's always "Praise in Public, Punish in Private", in my industry.

Since most of the times forum moderators regulate name postings and etc, I thought it would be good to hide the CSR name as well. Who knows right?

Really? Then why else would you delete a character; I'm curious.

Maybe his reason is the same as mine... I deleted such restored character because I was no longer using him for a LOOOONG time, so there was no need to keep such character. I had no intention to clear slots, since I only have 6 chars.

But then I wanted to roll a char of same spec and remembered I had one deleted.

Edited by Haggardbr
Adding more info.

Personally, I would have kept the CS Representative's name "IN" , so the representative, public and Bioware would know who stands out in good customer service.

I also sense a good "ROLEPLAYER" in the CS representative, as well.

One of my friends in real life who plays the game also got a similar response. They deleted their 55 Commando and wanted it recovered.

The response was along the lines of 'we found your trooper training in the barracks awaiting reassignment. We have reassigned him to Havoc Squad however he will need a new identification'. Can't remember the exact wording but it was awesome.

This is what happens when you give a Republic specforce marine a very long furlough. Too much time on their hands and they think General Garza has demoted and reassigned them to barracks duty only. (LOL !!!). You are lucky CS could assist your friend as well as reinstate the "marine" (in question) to his full duty status, and keep him out of "early retirement".

----------------------------------------------------------

EDIT :

To Leanne (CS Representative)

/deepbow

/salute

Edited by JediCounsular