If they ever added new races what would the Empire get?

Dabrixmgp

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the real issue is you have to add species that are kinda-human like. They have to have mouths that make human noises, and can speak English. Example, if you had a Wookie character who spoke American English... well that would be the end of star wars I guess. Same thing with the Ewoks.

Gungans would not work because of the time line. If you have ever played Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, you get to play through a campaign of Gungan history between 4000-3500 BBY. The Naboo humans haven't even laned on the planet yet. Gugans were not in space until the Clone Wars anyways. It would really damage the cannon if Gungans were added.

In short, it needs to be a near-human race if they are going to add anything. The Cathar is a good start, Devorians would be cool too?

Devaronian would make a good empire race.. however unsure how it could fit into many classes with the lore and how strict the empire is in this era (I know they respect an individual who is of a slave race who has pushed themselves to the limit to become what they are, but at the same time still think of them as scum due to not being human/pureblood)

Wouldnt put it past bioware.

Well, also it is illegal to make any Wookiee Jedi or Sith. Think I kid? Look it up, some book did that and the writer got sued. IDK why, but Lucas said NO wookie is aloud to have the force. So in short I am not really sure how many new races you could add, I think they got the two coolest ones in there already, Sith and Chiss lol

Well, also it is illegal to make any Wookiee Jedi or Sith. Think I kid? Look it up, some book did that and the writer got sued. IDK why, but Lucas said NO wookie is aloud to have the force. So in short I am not really sure how many new races you could add, I think they got the two coolest ones in there already, Sith and Chiss lol

While there are indeed restrictions on what races can be/do, I thought a Wookiee could wield the Force.

Edited by Lurtzello

Such a small minds. They said they could eventually implement Wookiees and other non-basic speaking races, however it would require them creating their own classes (this is pretty easy to do since we just have 8 that are constant mirrors of each other) and stories.

On the Wookiees and hte force, the statement was actually made during the creation of KOTOR II. When the development studio, Obsidian was told by Lucas Arts "No more wookiee Jedi" This is not that wookiees cannot use the force, simply that they couldn't be Jedi.

Such a small minds. They said they could eventually implement Wookiees and other non-basic speaking races, however it would require them creating their own classes (this is pretty easy to do since we just have 8 that are constant mirrors of each other) and stories.

On the Wookiees and hte force, the statement was actually made during the creation of KOTOR II. When the development studio, Obsidian was told by Lucas Arts "No more wookiee Jedi" This is not that wookiees cannot use the force, simply that they couldn't be Jedi.

Get this man a cigar:)

I assume this only applies to the gaming universe of Star Wars as Lucas recently had a Wookie youngling in The Clone Wars cartoon series.

Such a small minds. They said they could eventually implement Wookiees and other non-basic speaking races, however it would require them creating their own classes.

Setting aside the whole Wookie-Jedi matter, the could implement those races for current classes too, they'd just need to record the alien speech and keep the subtitles.

Still not a reason for BioWare to implement them soon.

Edited by Lurtzello

Look, there are species already in-game that speak perfect basic that can be dressed just finely already acting as NPCs and companions.

Togruta, Devaronian, Cathar, Kel Dor, Mon Calamiri, Weequay, and Sarkhai, for example.

That's what you're gonna see.

Edited by RazielHex

If I had to make a guess, I would say the 'new races' would follow two rules.

(1) They will likely, initially, at least, be re-skins. So you would see Voss, Zeltrons, possibly Devaronians (though the females look rather different than the males do).

(2) They will be done so as not to require new stories or classes.

That's not to say such things are impossible. But EAWare has a lot on the plate right now, including several issues that the player base is actively grousing about. I wouldn't expect a new race past Cathar to arrive anytime soon, a year at the very least.

Every race I can think of would be Republic:

Ewok

Gungan

Wookie

Whatever Yoda is

Ewoks weren't formally discovered until after the Battle of Yavin.

As for Yoda...I wonder if Disney will honor Lucas's desire to keep that secret...? Hm.

As for Empire, I would like to see the Voss drop a pair to sign on the with the Empire...If not them, the Trandoshans, for a little extra muscle.

...Plus...Trando Sith Lord? Bad. ***.

Every race I can think of would be Republic:

Ewok

Gungan

Wookie

Whatever Yoda is

ewok wouldnt work unless it was a crafting based species only.

gungan wouldnt work due to the history

wookie woul be cool but your character would make sounds the whole time and i wouldnt want them to be anything but a rifle class.

yodas specie needs to stay in the dark

This is easy all the way around. There are certain things through the lore and through the series we all know.

The republic needs to have wookies (non force classes). Bothans would be cool, and Mon Cal's

The empire Needs to have Transdosians,(non force using), and rodians, devorians. The Chiss should have never made it into the game as they through lore we not discovered yet.

There should be no Ewok race, No Yoda race (they are super rare) no gungans, no jawas

On top of that they need to take time and add the trooper, smuggler, Bounty Hunter and Agents to both factions.

The Sith have troopers, the sith use smugglers (talon Karrade), the republic used BH's and the CIS are AGENTS. The force classes need to be separate.

I don't believe that there will be specific fraction races for one big reason alone:

Development inefficiency.

They will not spend the time to make separate races when they can make one race that will work for both sides. it's literally twice the development time. They have fraction specific races in the game now, but that was pre-launch development, when they had tons of money flowing in the coffers. were talking about a company that is not continuing the class stories (makeb has one storyline for all, slight variations to make us feel good), and they are not expanding the companion storylines. I doubt they are going to double their work on race development either.

Cool idea, but don't think it will realistically happen.