Most POWERFUL Jedi/Sith

Tityn

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to George Lucas, Luke Skywalker is the most powerful Jedi that has ever been, with Revan and Yoda coming in close, in fact Luke considers Yoda the greatest Jedi there ever was although Luke has surpassed him (that's pretty humbling of Luke if you ask me). Emperor Palpatine was listed as the most powerful Sith ever, although Darth Bane would get my vote.

Wookieepedia.com

Edited by Kingstonian

According to George Lucas, Luke Skywalker is the most powerful Jedi that has ever been, with Revan and Yoda coming in close, in fact Luke considers Yoda the greatest Jedi there ever was although Luke has surpassed him (that's pretty humbling of Luke if you ask me). Emperor Palpatine was listed as the most powerful Sith ever, although Darth Bane would get my vote.

Wookieepedia.com

So Anakin/Darth Vader is just a little girl then? Also who is really the "Chosen One" Luke or Anakin?

Thanks for the previous information

So Anakin/Darth Vader is just a little girl then? Also who is really the "Chosen One" Luke or Anakin?

Thanks for the previous information

No he is in no way a little girl. Anakin/Vader was very poweful, however he never reached his full potential as a Jedi because he was so consumed with himself that he never really got there. In Episode 2 Obi-Wan clearly states "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman." The only Jedi that could keep up with Mace Windu (who was the best during that period) were Yoda, Dooku, and I believe Plo Koon. Anakin had a lot of talent and was very strong in the Force, however he lacked the discipline to become as powerful as everyone thought he would be.

As far as the chosen one, I'd say it was Anakin, because he did eventually return to the light and killed the Emporer, but we can't really say for sure.

Edited by Kingstonian

No he is in no way a little girl. Anakin/Vader was very poweful, however he never reached his full potential as a Jedi because he was so consumed with himself that he never really got there. In Episode 2 Obi-Wan clearly states "If you spent as much time practicing your saber techniques as you did your wit, you'd rival Master Yoda as a swordsman." The only Jedi that could keep up with Mace Windu (who was the best during that period) were Yoda, Dooku, and I believe Plo Koon. Anakin had a lot of talent and was very strong in the Force, however he lacked the discipline to become as powerful as everyone thought he would be.

As far as the chosen one, I'd say it was Anakin, because he did eventually return to the light and killed the Emporer, but we can't really say for sure.

Ahh ok interesting. I too have always thought that Anakin was the chosen one but was unsure.

Thanks for the information.

Very tough cause it depends if you go by George Lucas ideas or what happens later in the EU or even what happens in TOR.

I recall Lucas in a commentary (please don't hate me if it was an interview) saying that Ankin/Vader became weaker in the force cause he was part machine. As we all know Machines have no connection to the force, you then have the question about how midichlorians effect someones force powers. If Ankin had more than Yoda was he more powerful or is it knowledge that makes one more powerful in the force.

Then of course you have the question about where stupid things happen in the EU or games because x y or z is the hero. The Force Unleashed, along with pulling a star destroyer out of orbid, beating Vader and then if you play the what if beating Luke after turning him dark.

If Canon is 6 films and the Clone wars my Money is on Darkside Anakin right afer he chops up Younglings. If its all the EU then Exar Kun must be up there given he had an artifact that multiplied his powers was it 1000 times, been a while since i read the comic. But then you have the TOR Emporer who

wipes out an entire planet so it is dead to the force. Cutting off one persons connection to the force was considered something, destroying the force pemantely over an entire planet has to be something else. But also gets killed by a Jedi Knight.

hmm interesting question its really deepens on what u mean if ur talking over all most powerfull id have to say obywan beat anikan when he was at his best point also isf u remember anikin says hes as wise as yoda and as powerfull as mass windoo

but if it was a overall ur looking for i got to go with reven when he was reborn into the lightside after losing his memory well geting it wiped

sorry for spelling really dark here and my keys are worn away :(

Edited by Godian

Anakin is the chosen one. He brought balance back; just not in the way the Jedi thought.

Aye, he balanced it right down alright. 2 Sith and only a handful of Jedi. Maybe the Jedi scholars should have done some more meditating on the prophecy. I would say though that probably Emperor Palpatine was the most powerful Sith. He used Sith Meditation to cloud over the perceptions of all of Coruscant in order to land and hide the Super Star Destroyer Lusankya. He was also the culmination of generations of Sith training and planning.

Who is the most powerful Jedi and/or Sith ever throughout the history of Star Wars?

Also anyone know a website I can go to in order to find a list of jedi names? From books or movies etc.

Thanks!

Not being sarcastic or anything but google jedi names and a list will pop up. I don't remember the website which is why I'm saying google. I did this for the beta

You're actually right...when he killed the emperor the prophesy was fulfilled stating he would bring balance to the force. I just didn't happen while he was a jedi. But you're on track

You're actually right...when he killed the emperor the prophesy was fulfilled stating he would bring balance to the force. I just didn't happen while he was a jedi. But you're on track

Please don't take this sarcastically, but it did happen when he was a Jedi, he redeemed himself and became a Jedi again all in that moment.

I think Garen Marek/Starkiller was a bit more powerful the Palpatine/Darth Sidious. In one version of Star Wars The Force Unleashed he defeats Palpatine with some difficulty. He also can Bring down Star Destroyers with his force ability.

I think he is also is a Master of all Jedi and Sith Lightsaber Techniques. He also trained against Holographic versions of Obi Wan Kenobi (ROTS era) and many other famous and powerful Jedi.

He also skated beteen the light and the dark side. In my opinion I think he has more in common with Cade Skywalker who is also enormously powerful and also was neither on the side of Sith or Jedi.

Edit Just as I posted this I saw RealTalents post wow I didn't know Garen did that though :eek:

Edited by Naadria

I think Garen Marek/Starkiller was a bit more powerful the Palpatine/Darth Sidious. In one version of Star Wars The Force Unleashed he defeats Palpatine with some difficulty. He also can Bring down Star Destroyers with his force ability.

I think he is also is a Master of all Jedi and Sith Lightsaber Techniques. He also trained against Holographic versions of Obi Wan Kenobi (ROTS era) and many other famous and powerful Jedi.

He also skated beteen the light and the dark side. In my opinion I think he has more in common with Cade Skywalker who is also enormously powerful and also was neither on the side of Sith or Jedi.

Edit Just as I posted this I saw RealTalents post wow I didn't know Garen did that though :eek:

Palpatine had the ability to devour whole planets with the Force, more so than Galen could do. Also TFU was pretty fun to play, but it was just a terrible story. Here is this guy that could do all this stuff with the Force and beat both Vader and the Emperor in the game yet he was still defeated.

Wookieepedia.com

George Lucas knows nothing about Star Wars. I said it.

He may have stated that, however he could not have become a Force Spirit showing his true Jedi self if he was not redeemed.

There are non-jedi force spirit, haran, look at Naga Sadow. He may not be called a force ghost but he lives on as a spirit with the ability to manipulate the force somehow.

Under no circumstance would I ever call Palpatine the greatest sith when he couldn't even kill Plagueis on even ground (killed him in his sleep). My top are Darth Revan, Darth Bane, and Darth Plagueis. Luke is a solid number one in the end for the Jedi though.

There are non-jedi force spirit, haran, look at Naga Sadow. He may not be called a force ghost but he lives on as a spirit with the ability to manipulate the force somehow.

I understand that, yet they remained true to their essence, where as Vader became a Force spirit that resembled his Jedi self, not his maimed Sith self. Therefore he was redeemed.

Under no circumstance would I ever call Palpatine the greatest sith when he couldn't even kill Plagueis on even ground (killed him in his sleep). My top are Darth Revan, Darth Bane, and Darth Plagueis. Luke is a solid number one in the end for the Jedi though.

I'm not saying that Palps is the most powerful either, I'm meerly stating what Lucas (the creator) has said. Imo Darth Bane is number one.

Edited by Kingstonian

I understand that, yet they remained true to their essence, where as Vader became a Force spirit that resembled his Jedi self, not his maimed Sith self. Therefore he was redeemed.

I'm not saying that Palps is the most powerful either, I'm meerly stating what Lucas (the creator) has said. Imo Darth Bane is number one.

1.) That's not necessarily true, look at Obi-wan and Yoda, they both looked like healthier, stronger versions of themselves. He may have had that form returned because it was the last form that had full contact with the force.

2.) Agreed, Bane is my choice for the strongest as well.

Going by strict canon, that would be Anakin Skywalker or Darth Revan. The problem with Anakin was that he never used his full potential. He would have been capable of utterly insane feats if he'd bothered to focus on his mastery of the Force. However, he focused more on being a soldier and being in love. And, when he was locked away as the Vader we know and love, he was cut down to about eighty percent of his potential. (Of course, I'm pulling that off of my memory of Wookiepedia.)

It should be noted that 'bringing balance to the Force' was NOT making it so that there were two Sith and a few Jedi. The Dark Side itself was the imbalance, and by killing the Emperor, Anakin destroyed the last vestiges of the Dark Side in the galaxy, bringing the Force into balance at last. This is Lucas' version of the Prophecy of the Chosen One, and we should keep in mind that he's declared all post-ROTJ stories to be non-canonical.

People like to say Starkiller. While he was powerful, he had to struggle to win against Vader, and got himself killed by the Emperor. Also, remember that Exar Kun once destroyed an enemy starfleet by crushing them between two stars. Other old-time Sith have done things like destroyed planets or driven entire populations mad. The fact of the matter is that Starkiller only seems impressive because this is the first time we've seen his kind of power in motion.