The Bi-Monthly let us use Blaster Rifles thread

thamightyboro

:)

Come on it can't be that bloody hard all we need is charged bolts and hail of bolts useable with a rifle rather than AC only.

Yes I realise it's a small DPS drop but who cares for most content.

Half the reason I picked the class was the assault cannon. Why would I use a blaster rifle? If I wanted to do that I'd have rolled a vanguard.

:)

Come on it can't be that bloody hard all we need is charged bolts and hail of bolts useable with a rifle rather than AC only.

Yes I realise it's a small DPS drop but who cares for most content.

unless you're specced assault, who even cares about those attacks anyway

Well if you don't pvp you don't see the whole picture.

Dps commandos care about those attacks.

Assault is the pvp dps spec, therefore all dps commandos care about it.

I'm not saying gunnery is useless in pvp but I'd rather be tied up and beaten with a rubber hose than pvp with gunnery because it amounts to about the same thing when melee happens.

Just any kind of melee. Including the kind of melee that happens when an assault commando attacks a gunnery commando.

Of course some players use a blaster rifle for looks, works for a healer in pvp since you look like a vanguard until you green beam... worthless damage gimping as a dps in pvp and you'd get a clip round the ear for wasting time in endgame operations.

Edited by Gyronamics

Well if you don't pvp you don't see the whole picture.

Dps commandos care about those attacks.

Assault is the pvp dps spec, therefore all dps commandos care about it.

I'm not saying gunnery is useless in pvp but I'd rather be tied up and beaten with a rubber hose than pvp with gunnery because it amounts to about the same thing when melee happens.

Just any kind of melee. Including the kind of melee that happens when an assault commando attacks a gunnery commando.

Of course some players use a blaster rifle for looks, works for a healer in pvp since you look like a vanguard until you green beam... worthless damage gimping as a dps in pvp and you'd get a clip round the ear for wasting time in endgame operations.

my commando has a valor rank of 70, so just because i don't pvp anymore doesn't mean i don't know what pvp is like for commandos.

look, i know you like assault, but i wasn't bad-mouthing it. i just made an offhand comment that was intended to be humorous (but i guess a lot gets lost in text sometimes), and now you're on your high horse quick to defend assault when i said already that i wasn't attacking it

Edited by oaceen

This is pretty disingenuous. Rubber hoses would hurt less.

Also assault isn't any better in my experience.

Depends if you're one of those people who goes pvping with 300 cyber grenades...

I have a crossbow rifle so I'm going to pvp for a day as Gunnery either to troll enemies or to get rolled.

I lose nothing on all aoes and grenades (except HoB but that won't work now) or grav, stockstrike, demo round, pulse cannon.

I lose a bit of damage on HiB, Full Auto and default attack.

In a nutshell, tech attacks don't care, ranged attacks lose some dmg.

Important thing is however that Gunnery ramps up damage of all the important ranged attacks.

I cba cross dressing, I look like a stereotypical trooper but I have no backpack or cannon.

5/6 wins so far :D

A lot of alderaan which is nice for corner hugging.

Edited by Gyronamics