The ME3 debacle and BioWare fan loyalty...

CazNeerg

Which would be why I said BW needs to set up a poll and ask people if they want to make a numbers argument.

Yeah, as a general rule, especially when attempting to argue against the results of a poll with fifty thousand respondents, it helps to actually have contradictory numbers to offer, rather than just "Nahhh nahhhh, your numbers don't mean anything because I say they don't!"

I didn't buy ME3 for a lot of reasons (Origin and day 1 DLC says hi), but I am playing it (although I have a character from ME2 I need to finish for an Import, so I've pretty much just tested the first few levels with default Shep).

I do agree on that I get a sour taste in my mouth, knowing that the company who produced my favourite franchise are now trashing it completely while at the same time I'm supporting them with a subscription (even though I have cancelled - but I probably will resub assuming they deliver quality in 1.2).

It doesn't matter if it's a different dev team; it's the same company, same brains behind the philosophy and ideals of the company. Having played and experienced the consequences of a company being controlled by EA, I'm seriously considering never to buy another game from them. Including unsubbing from this one.

It's a matter of principle. There comes a point when you simply have to stand your ground and say "Enough, this isn't something I wish to support anymore".

Also, there's no reason to 'pity' the "real Bioware" because "they have to do the evil biddings of EA"; they chose to sell out. The founders and most important people in Bioware made a deal with EA willingly.

They are completely free to quit their jobs / end their cooperation with EA (assuming they're not bound for a long time by a contract) at any time and start making the types of games they really want. But they aren't.

Therefor, they are OK with losing me and others as customers. That's a trade they're willing to make. If it's a profitable tactic in the long term, only time can tell. I'm hoping it isn't, and that they will one day see things from our perspective and change.

Edited by Athrins

30,000 people "like" the Retake Mass Effect page. There's probably a lot of fabricated likes in there, but let's just say there isn't. Mass Effect 3 shipped 3.5 million copies in the first week.

That's 1%.

I really don't think any more needs to be said.

lol.

Anyway I didn't mind the ending. It kept me thinking of the game a long time afterwards, like, say, an art house movie. No, it's not an art house ending. Don't start with the straw men.

the ending is the absolute worst ending i have ever encountered in my entire life,

I understand you're emotional, I played the series beginning to end too. But worst ending in your LIFE? C'mon, there have been much worse endings.

Like, for me Quest for Glory 3 takes the cake as worst ending ever. Bet no one knows what the hell i'm talking about.

Edited by maxetius

You can google it and find it in about 5 minutes, I don't want to ruin the game for you or your husband, just in case your are one of the 10% or less that like the ending.

I really can't comment on the ending of ME3 without spoiling anything for anyone that hasn't beaten it yet. I will say I'm one of the "10%" that liked the ending. I will also say the devs of ME3 had hinted at the ending for years so I'm not sure why a section of the people who didn't like it are up in arms.

Overall, ME3 and the reputation and decisions made are on a far greater scale than the previous games and TOR,which I really enjoyed. I liked how the decisions you have to make are far reaching,morally ambiguous and not so "good" or "evil".

However comparing what is going on with ME3 to how it will or could affect TOR is inappropriate. A favorite science term of mine comes to mind to sum the OP's post up, correlation does not imply causation. I'm unsure why you would not support any EA/BW games because you feel they ruined a series you are a fan of.

EDIT: I possibly misinterpreted what the OP was going for and they'd like to use their, and anyone else who did not like the ME3 ending,TOR subs into leveraging EA/BW into patching in a new ending that meets their approval. if that's the case...seriously?!?

Edited by Temeluchus

I understand you're emotional, I played the series beginning to end too. But worst ending in your LIFE? C'mon, there have been much worse endings.

Like, for me Quest for Glory 3 takes the cake as worst ending ever. Bet no one knows what the hell i'm talking about.

never played that, nor heard of it. in terms of games, i truly cannot think of a game with a worse ending. i've only existed for around 26 years, and only started "role playing games" when MASS EFFECT 1 CAME OUT. I'M MAD.

edit: that's a lie. the first rpg i played was oblivion.

Edited by Darth_Gao_Gao

That is because QfG3 was a filler game, the original outline was themed around the four seasons, to take place in Spielburg, Shapeir, Mordavia, and Silmaria. They just decided, for whatever reason, that they needed more of a bridge between Shapeir and Mordavia. Which did strain the whole narrative a bit, using Ad Avis' "death" as the catalyst for the demons coming, when, well... you know.

But back to BioWare. It isn't that it was the worst ending ever, it's that it was the worst ending ever to be attached to a game that comes so close to being perfect. It's the quality of the ending *in contrast* to the quality of the rest of the trilogy that makes it so jarring. And, if you are someone who cares about the destination, at all, it really does destroy most of the incentive to repeat the journey, which isn't a great idea in a franchise where the greatest strength is replayability.

EDIT: I possibly misinterpreted what the OP was going for and they'd like to use their, and anyone else who did not like the ME3 ending,TOR subs into leveraging EA/BW into patching in a new ending that meets their approval. if that's the case...seriously?!?

Hey man, whatever works. On a serious note though, a lot of very compelling evidence has been found, within ME3, for the theory that the current ending is actually a giant fake-out, and the real thing will come through DLC. A theory which, in my opinion, is a lot more consistent with the quality of the rest of the game than is taking the current ending at face value.

This is why I don't plan on playing ME3 until there is a Game of the year Edition. The whole you can't get the best ending unless you play 4 player co-op and buy the DLC is just stupid beyond measure.

At the moment, there is no "best" ending. Just defeat with three different color palettes. You'll see what I mean when you get there, though if you wait for a GotY, my suspicion is there will be a different ending waiting for you than we are getting.

can we not talk about game endings. Or plot's of game's not all of us have finished? I just got ME3 yesterday. Please keep this stuff to yourself. It's like throwing a surprise party for someone and right before they walk in, tell them there's a surprise party being thrown for them. so please. **** about plot, endings. of any kind. I don't want to know that you thought it was bad, I don't want to know that you thiought it was good. just don't, f'ing as you're a gamer. this is like rule number 1.

and another thing, how does mass effect have anything at all to do with Star Wars? guh.... sssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Edited by Macabakur

This is why I don't plan on playing ME3 until there is a Game of the year Edition. The whole you can't get the best ending unless you play 4 player co-op and buy the DLC is just stupid beyond measure.

This is quite simply,untrue. It's possible to get the "best" ending without it, even easier to get with a new game + . Of course I guess it depends on what you think the "best" ending is.

can we not talk about game endings. Or plot's of game's not all of us have finished? I just got ME3 yesterday. Please keep this stuff to yourself. It's like throwing a surprise party for someone and right before they walk in, tell them there's a surprise party being thrown for them. so please. **** about plot, endings. of any kind. I don't want to know that you thought it was bad, I don't want to know that you thiought it was good. just don't, f'ing as you're a gamer. this is like rule number 1.

and another thing, how does mass effect have anything at all to do with Star Wars? guh.... sssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

I really don't mean any offense here, but you seriously came into this thread with the title it has and expected nothing about the plot,ending,likes/dislikes to be in it?You are either the most trusting,naive person alive or you just feel like complaining.

Edited by Temeluchus

But strangely, the people who like the game can't be bothered to post? Think it through and maybe study stats while you're at it. The reason sampling is done is that you can never get the full population of anything to respond. Right now, with the numbers available, roughly 90% of all people who have posted about this have expressed extreme discontent with the ending. If BW wants to set up a valid (as opposed to yours) numbers argument about this they need to set up a poll and encourage everyone who bought ME3 to vote.

If you "studied stats", you realize people are much more likely to voice complaints. How many "letters to the editor" are written with "everything's good, keep up the good work". You receive a disproportionately larger amount of negative feedback than praise.

Greetings!

We ask that threads on our forums center on discussion of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Since this thread is not related to the game or another part of the service, we have closed it. Thanks for understanding!

Edited by Averran
wrong forum name