Those SWTOR/MMO Moments

DSpectre

Hey everybody!

So i have an amusing idea i think will go somewhat far if it gets enough attention.

I have heard some pretty crazy stuff from people who play MMO's who have had weird run-ins, epic fails, epic wins, or just overall good amusing stories in their MMO adventures.

So i have an idea to start a thread where all of us forum-jockeys can post a story to share with the rest of the community.

It can be about anything, (WARNING: MEME LANGUAGE/REFERENCES) like Good-guy Greg moments, dealing with nasty people, being part or observing a fail/win, an MMO Confession (maybe you like to steal from multiple guild banks? O_o),ETC.

ANYTHING worth telling!

Hopefully this is an interesting enough idea to get out there and hopefully be the source of a few smiles, laughs, or even causing people to be done with the internet because of something that happened which was THAT bad.

Thanks for reading and hope to see all of you people's posts!

-Nikki <3

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is one of my own, so here we go:

SWTOR

When i first started playing just over a year ago, i was part of a guild that was run by a 13 year-old kid, (i was 18 at the time, now 19) whom was actually one of the more nicer and mature-er ones i met. The guild was pretty active and despite my social anxiety, i was liked by alot of the guild members and quickly rose up in rank to that just under the GM.

About 3-ish months later, i noticed there were 2 cyan-blue crystals in the bank (the ones from the Cartel Market) and the guild has always had a habit of open guild bank so we didn't have to pay who put those items in there or anything. Free to guild.

Well apparently that changed when 3 days later, the GM got back and noticed i took them and made a MOTD stating "Guild Bank closed due to theft. Will resolve ASAP". Not thinking i had anything to do with it, i carried on playing for a couple more days.

Then i logged on when the GM was on and he confronted me about taking the crystals. After stating my case, saying its always been free to guild, and everyone has done it (Even another guildie took WAY more in value than i did just days before i took the crystals). In the end i didnt back down from my position due to the fact i already used the crystals, and upon stating that, the GM (reminding you this is a 13 year old) said i now owed the amount in credits to the GB instead.

I was really poor back then and given my mental acuity i can tell he was having a small fit, and that the whole deal was pointless because... ITS A GAME. and people put stuff in the GB that they didn't want/couldn't use.

So again, i said no and wasn't gonna do anything and go about my merry way.

Upon that, the 3 other guildies that liked me basically stated they were VERY disappointed (Woah... i care why?) and found my self immediately booted from the guild.

I pretty much played alone after that because i have always considered myself a grief and burden among others so i don't bother anyone. Ever since then (just over a year) been playing by myself.

In the end, i do think i was maybe out of my depth a bit on what i did, but i regret nothing from that situation.

SOOOOO good riddance to that terrible child-tantrum GM and guild full of judgemental mis-fits.

*cue hulk walking down the road alone song*

-Nikki <3

Wow. That GM sounds like he misunderstood his Guild's attitude about their own Bank lol. Sorry that happened.

Anyway, here's mine:

SWTOR

Once I was on Voss, on my level 50, decently geared Sentinel (this was before I really got into Operations, and way before Makeb came out). I noticed that there was a group of Imperials, about six or eight of them. I approached, forgot my flag was on, and got crushed. Later, I saw a group of two other 50s and a 49 looking to kill them, so I joined. We made our stand at a fork in a road, called out our location in /versus, and waited. They charged us, and much to our surprise, we took them down easily. They charged again, and they fell again. We kept this up for hours and they never scored a single kill. They tried everything, even Stealth attacks, but they simply couldn't score a kill. This continued until they all retreated back to the Fleet, presumably screaming something about "no-life newbz" all the way. A lot of the people trying to level, who had gotten killed by those gankers, congratulated us when we gave them the good news and happily went on their way to level 50. It's probably one of the best moments in SWTOR I've ever had.

Wow. That GM sounds like he misunderstood his Guild's attitude about their own Bank lol. Sorry that happened.

Anyway, here's mine:

SWTOR

Once I was on Voss, on my level 50, decently geared Sentinel (this was before I really got into Operations, and way before Makeb came out). I noticed that there was a group of Imperials, about six or eight of them. I approached, forgot my flag was on, and got crushed. Later, I saw a group of two other 50s and a 49 looking to kill them, so I joined. We made our stand at a fork in a road, called out our location in /versus, and waited. They charged us, and much to our surprise, we took them down easily. They charged again, and they fell again. We kept this up for hours and they never scored a single kill. They tried everything, even Stealth attacks, but they simply couldn't score a kill. This continued until they all retreated back to the Fleet, presumably screaming something about "no-life newbz" all the way. A lot of the people trying to level, who had gotten killed by those gankers, congratulated us when we gave them the good news and happily went on their way to level 50. It's probably one of the best moments in SWTOR I've ever had.

Nice! Have to say as an Imp player i rarely see Imp Gankers i more or less see republic ones rolling in 10-16 person groups on tatooine. Still, any successful war against ganking i shall approve, no matter who is involved =D

-Nikki <3

from the POV of the newb... we were on Nar Shaddaa quietly going about our Bonus Series. Then en route to yet another 25 of something to kill, I've noticed the flagging warning going up. I am telling my beloved spouse: We're being flagged! He's denying it. Because real men don't get flagged, yeah. I am looking again, and of course the flag is there, on both of us. There is 9 people on Nar Shaddaa at the moment. So, we've figured can't possibly have that many Imperial Players hungry for blood. And we are 25 or so things away from being off the damnable rock (the skyline is gorgeous, but otherwise dull by then ).

Yeah, here comes a party good 6 levels ahead of us, not to mention we are newbies who are happy with PvE. Luckily, they seemed to have been on the World Bosses Whirlwind Wipe adventure, so we just stood quietly to one side, and watched them kill a big droid while bickering about our chances to live through it.

Still married too. :p

Some of my favourite moments + memories of SWTOR (my first MMO) were based around teaching.

Back in the early days of the game and the first time I got to Republic Taris - where the heroic missions require teamwork and cc for the first time - I ended up in a group of 3 newbs (including myself) doing [H4 The Locust]. The fourth guy was a pink body type 3, male Twi'lek Sage healer (quite a sight :p). He was a natural leader who knew his MMO stuff. He was an inspiration to me at the time, with his imposing figure and the spectacle of his Disturbance casting.

So for the first group we 3 newbs force leaped in; we didn't understand how tanking worked, 60 sec cc's, threat etc.... and we wiped. Instead of the pink Twi'lek going "ugh you suck" and leaving, he told us all to stop what we were doing and proceeded to give us a 10 minute lesson on how MMO and group content works. Myself and the other 2 were eager and fast learners, absorbing his wisdom. Everything came together in the next few group fights: healing mobs were focused first, cc'd mobs were marked, the tank held aggro and no one broke the Force Lift; it was a beautiful sight of co-operation and learning, culminating to a very tangible victory over The Locust. We kept this group into the other Taris Heroics and it was a fantastic journey with our newfound powers across Taris' overgrown wreckages.

Since that day, I have taken it upon myself that everytime I go through rep. Taris (15 times currently) to shepherd some more newbs like I used to be, show them the ropes of group content + their classes and then revel in the result of a well oiled group successfully clearing content, all in tribute to that pink Twi'lek sage whose name will be lost to me forever (it began with an X if you're reading this *fingers crossed*).

Edited by Cotlu-Hunlon

Hello!

SW:TOR is the first MMO I have ever played, so obviously I was a noob to the whole works of MMO combat(Just like the story above mine, about the Taris Heroics and 'dat Pink Twi'lek'. :) ). I had made a few Jedi, got to Coruscant at 8 I believe, and went through the first heroic where you kill all those gang leaders(I don't remember the name of it). That's where I had my first interaction with a Shadow/Assassin.

I had made a Knight with the mindset of how KOTOR and KOTOR 2 worked. In those games, it didn't matter what class you picked, you can still use any weapon and armor piece, with the approrpriate unlocks after leveling up a little.

I had assumed that it was the same in SW:TOR, and made two knights, one being "RevanJedi" and then "Sivad", after being told that I should have an RP name(I was familiar with what that meant, but I wasn't thinking at the time.) That Shadow told me I had to be a Consular to be able to use a Double-bladed lightsaber, so there I was, re-doing Tython for the third or forth time now.

Eventually, I gave up and made a Sith Warrior named Deadrikor. The sole reason I didn't start out with making a Sith was because I saw some character customizations on YouTube, and the uploader randomly switched classes, and all the Imperial classes just happened to be all Body Size 4 male, so I was like "Well ****, is that the only option?!" but I then found out I could be different sizes. After that, I found a guild called World Eaters, and they taught me how to RP, how to walk, and how to act as a Sith, than just how I thought they did.

I can imagine myself using General chat for RPing, and running around instead of walking still...I'm still embarrassed.

Many many many moons ago, in the very first guild I was ever a member of, there came a day when fusses about things (i.e. not being taken on a raid, missing a raid, not getting gear, complaints about other members, etc. etc.) got out of hand.

Being that this was a 500 member guild, the sheer VOLUME of fuss reached critical mass, and the GM had a sort of "in-game-psychotic-break".

He /gkicked most of the members, handed control of it to the first person that said they wanted it, /gquit himself, stripped his toon naked, and ran circles around the fleet for a while.

Good moments, think one was when I created my guild, a girl just dropped in to help me form it, gathered the rest and made it happen, my first noble guild.

Other was when venturing in Hoth everything made sense in that frozen world, and got those Null Cannons that could disarm the empire without scratching 1 hair of the crew of their ships.

Excellent moments

Here is mine:

SWTOR

On my first character, a trooper vanguard, I was venturing around Tatooine when I first entered the dune sea, I was in bit of a shock as the first base I came to had a ton of 55s outside the base, except they were the empire! I snuck my way past the siege and spoke to the 5 lvl 55s guarding the base. They told me that the base had came under siege recently but the Empire had not attacked them, and they were calling all republic forces to the base. Some other 55s showed up and a bunch of 28-36s came in to help repel the siege. Finally, the Empire struck the base, and the AI on our side fought bravely but fell one by one. Eventually they drove into the base past the AI and it was down to the survivors to make the last stand. Several of the Empire players had fell to the AI forces but there was still a bigger fight. As I watched my republic commrads fall one by one, explosions all around me as I was in the middle of it watching it all. I watched a sith kill one of our 55 Jedi Knights and I screamed "Nooo!" I shot everything I had at him but a skilled warrior he was, and the last thing I remember was him tossing his lightsaber at me knocking me unconscious instantly. I woke up a distance away and went to see the carnage, the Empire won that fight at a great cost of their best men, and it was a grave day for us republic players...:(

Here is one of my own, so here we go:

SWTOR

When i first started playing just over a year ago, i was part of a guild that was run by a 13 year-old kid, (i was 18 at the time, now 19) whom was actually one of the more nicer and mature-er ones i met. The guild was pretty active and despite my social anxiety, i was liked by alot of the guild members and quickly rose up in rank to that just under the GM.

About 3-ish months later, i noticed there were 2 cyan-blue crystals in the bank (the ones from the Cartel Market) and the guild has always had a habit of open guild bank so we didn't have to pay who put those items in there or anything. Free to guild.

Well apparently that changed when 3 days later, the GM got back and noticed i took them and made a MOTD stating "Guild Bank closed due to theft. Will resolve ASAP". Not thinking i had anything to do with it, i carried on playing for a couple more days.

Then i logged on when the GM was on and he confronted me about taking the crystals. After stating my case, saying its always been free to guild, and everyone has done it (Even another guildie took WAY more in value than i did just days before i took the crystals). In the end i didnt back down from my position due to the fact i already used the crystals, and upon stating that, the GM (reminding you this is a 13 year old) said i now owed the amount in credits to the GB instead.

I was really poor back then and given my mental acuity i can tell he was having a small fit, and that the whole deal was pointless because... ITS A GAME. and people put stuff in the GB that they didn't want/couldn't use.

So again, i said no and wasn't gonna do anything and go about my merry way.

Upon that, the 3 other guildies that liked me basically stated they were VERY disappointed (Woah... i care why?) and found my self immediately booted from the guild.

I pretty much played alone after that because i have always considered myself a grief and burden among others so i don't bother anyone. Ever since then (just over a year) been playing by myself.

In the end, i do think i was maybe out of my depth a bit on what i did, but i regret nothing from that situation.

SOOOOO good riddance to that terrible child-tantrum GM and guild full of judgemental mis-fits.

*cue hulk walking down the road alone song*

-Nikki <3

Yep been there.

No rules on GB, I see a nice earpiece that I could use so I take.

Get yelled at by 5 guildies/guild master, /gquit.

I troll along silently in guilds to get the 10% for leveling, most of them are dead guilds it seems anyways.

My first 55 still stands alone though.

Wow! really pleased with the replies. Have to say there are some pretty good stories.

Debating weather to do something further with these by drawing them out, or putting them on a share site (like Imgur)

Can we get some more going? =D

-Nikki <3

Wow! really pleased with the replies. Have to say there are some pretty good stories.

Debating weather to do something further with these by drawing them out, or putting them on a share site (like Imgur)

Can we get some more going? =D

-Nikki <3

You mean make a storyboard / comic strip type thing? I would love to see that :D

You mean make a storyboard / comic strip type thing? I would love to see that :D

Yeah possibly! Depends on how much work would be entailed because i dont have a whole lot of time to devote currently, but i'd still like to do something with these IF i get some more stories =p

Yeah possibly! Depends on how much work would be entailed because i dont have a whole lot of time to devote currently, but i'd still like to do something with these IF i get some more stories =p

Ah, crafty bait there ;p

Here's a story:

Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water. The taliban was ontop of the hill and they killed Jack and Jill.

THE END

Ah, crafty bait there ;p

Here's a story:

Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water. The taliban was ontop of the hill and they killed Jack and Jill.

THE END

Funny.

I meant more MMO or SWOTR stories as explained in the very beginning in the thread

Yeah, here comes a party good 6 levels ahead of us, not to mention we are newbies who are happy with PvE. Luckily, they seemed to have been on the World Bosses Whirlwind Wipe adventure, so we just stood quietly to one side, and watched them kill a big droid while bickering about our chances to live through it.

Still married too. :p

This is the cutest thing I've ever heard! :) I'm so happy for you guys! :)

My story isn't as cute but I am a level 55 Sentinel on the Harbinger and one time I was in Section X doing the quest with the dread masters. I don’t remember the name but it's where the whole area is public except for the part where you fight the big droid in the small room at the end. If you know what I am talking about, victory is mine. Anyway I was on my way out and was faced with the elevator. I wasn't going to make it so I challenged the Commando on it to a duel and used force leap to make it out. I was on the platform and the most incredible thing happened. He knew all I wanted was to make it and the pvp timer expired. It was the coolest thing ever.

By far my favorite experience in SWTOR

Edited by OrionLives

I joined a guild about two months ago. The guild leader claimed, during some discussion (via /g) that they were a 28 y/o blonde lesbian in Texas with an assortment of guns. I, and a few others in guild that i had gotten to know (I bought a mumble server so we'd been chatting) were calling this person out as a phony- you know, someone claims to be female and the obligatory reply is "pics or ****" and "you aint no lady" and so on.

Well, it went on a for a week or so, this person occasionally bringing up their "female" identity for whatever somewhat related reason. We badger said person into getting mumble and coming on to chat. They do so. Well, let me tell you guys, he sounded like a 14 y/o boy pretending to be an elderly woman. Many of us were creeped out and after a week or so of secret debate we organized a mass exodus from the guild, and we formed our own guild.

Oh ya, awhile we considered leaving said guild, he/she claimed to be an army ranger, and a sniper, and in the reserves. One of our guildmates that we had snaked into our new guild did some research and discovered that he was in fact a disturbed liar.

The end.

Edited by VulgarMercurius

I had one a few hours ago. I have healed a few 55 Heroics but with horrible results (thinking it was my fault), today I thought "Oh bugger it.." and queued. Instant queue and I panicked, went in told everyone I hadn't been in here before on Heroic, expecting the usual response as in no response at all I was pleasantly surprised.

The tank took the time each fight to explain what I had to do, to say the least the most smooth run I have ever had within a heroic. After the run I queued with the tank again, but alas the queue was not popping so he was going to take me through normal Cademimu explain everything, but as things went the queue popped. Unfortunately it wasn't Cademimu but Hammer Station. Queue tank dying twice on the first boss cause I didn't know I had to cleanse.. after this happened I was expecting to cop it, but everything was all good (the tank forgot and I forgot to remind him about the newness to heroics). Continued on, now as a healer I've made it a habit of sorts to stack on top of the tank and any melee so my aoe heal gets most of the group, the last fight "this is one fight you do not want to stick close to the tank".. well crap.

So I stood at the entrance hoping it was a good spot and I wasn't about to cause the death of the group. Bam, boss is dead. Group disbanded, the tank and I said our good byes and went our separate way. Since coming back to SWTOR 2 months ago, that has been probably the highlight since I hit 55 the other week. I love healing in this game, and it is nice when the fights are actually explained when you say you don't know them, not being completely ignored as it has happened more than enough times with me.

To that Jedi Guardian tank whose name escapes me, thank you again :)

One of my favorite and most fun moments in SWTOR was back before 2.0 in 10-49 PvP.

I was twinking at the time on my sniper, had him in full 48 purple modded gear, min/maxed with augments and playing Engineering. Me and a friend qued up, him on his sorc, me on my sniper. We got a Huttball and the match was pretty even, overall a good game, with a few funny moments, but the best of all was killing 7 of their team within 3 seconds. (Not due to my twinking)

Me and said friend were waiting on one of the walkways outside of the enemy spawn, when 7 of their team, come running towards us, I use my defensives and get ready for aoe heaven, place down orbital, which back then in my gear could crit for 5k a tick and wait. They're all stood in my orbital when just before the first tick, my buddy knocks all 7 of them into the fire-pit where they melt.

Safe to say we spent the next couple of minutes giggling like mad. :D

I Think i'll post these up on an Image share site saying "The good moments of SWTOR that make you want to play the game" or something along those lines.

SO i'll start on the ones i have already since they all seem to be good towards NICE moments.

Maybe we can start getting Guilty Confessions of things you did in SWTOR to intentionally cause chaos or grief? Hoping to get some good ones!

PS I enjoy reading all your replies, i'll see if i can add one or two more of my own sometime soon when i have a few minutes.

Happy Gaming!

-Nikki <3

This is a story of me blaming another player for something in SW:TOR.

This happened recently, about a week or two ago...It was around 9:30, and I had been working all day. I decided to log in, and conveniently there was a group on Scum and Villiany 16 Man, Story Mode running. I joined it as a tank(Which I am very proud of), and things were going along smoothy.

We got to Titan 6, the Second boss, and the leader was explaining the fight to some noobs that hadn't ran it before, so the rest of the raid members were jumping around and jokingly claming rocks to hide behind whenever the time came to hiding. Weeeeeell...One player, my friend named Je'ss, was jumping up and down on a rock near the boss, claiming it was hers, so I thought to myself "****, i need to find myself a rock." I spotted my rock, which I thought would be convenient for the first part of the fight, since it was literally five feet to the right of the boss.

I began running to the rock, but realized that would cause aggro to the boss, but I was too late. AS I was backing up, I aggroed him, but he instantly switched targets to Je'ss, and I totally just blamed it on her, and made it sounds realistic. She ended up frantically apologizing and crying, and she kept apologizing over and over again.

The evil side of me was evilly cackling to this.

Server: Begeren Colony.

Tank toon I was using: Rikor(Hit me up if you see this! :D)

Another moment I thought I'd mention:

SWTOR

The Shadowlands

This was during one of the first few Bounty Weeks. I was taking down the Kingpin on Voss as my Level 55 Sentinel, and trying to solo it. I actually was winning, until the minions showed up. Treek went down, and I started taking large amounts of damage. I popped my Defensive Cooldowns and prepared to go down fighting. Just then, an Imperial Sniper wandered in. I assumed he wanted to laugh at the poor Jedi getting shot to pieces by some ex-Czerka art fanatic. But then, much to my surprise, he started taking down the minions. Thanks to his intervention, I managed to stay in the fight and finish the boss off with a well-placed Merciless Slash. To show my gratitude, I stayed and helped him take down the boss himself. We then went our separate ways. I may not remember your name, Sniper, but I salute you.

Another moment I thought I'd mention:

SWTOR

The Shadowlands

This was during one of the first few Bounty Weeks. I was taking down the Kingpin on Voss as my Level 55 Sentinel, and trying to solo it. I actually was winning, until the minions showed up. Treek went down, and I started taking large amounts of damage. I popped my Defensive Cooldowns and prepared to go down fighting. Just then, an Imperial Sniper wandered in. I assumed he wanted to laugh at the poor Jedi getting shot to pieces by some ex-Czerka art fanatic. But then, much to my surprise, he started taking down the minions. Thanks to his intervention, I managed to stay in the fight and finish the boss off with a well-placed Merciless Slash. To show my gratitude, I stayed and helped him take down the boss himself. We then went our separate ways. I may not remember your name, Sniper, but I salute you.

Nice! I admit, I do help cross-faction. My scoundrel helps Sithy types with their kills, especially the tower bonus on Oricon. Of course, I also tickle cross-faction from stealth.

There's my guilty admission: I'm a stealthed tickler. If you're on Shadowlands and you are touched by an unseen assailant, THAT'S ME! :D

The other half is, my non-stealth toons also cross-faction tickle. Usually it's /tickle, then /wink. ;)