I've noticed an unfortunate new trend in PvP, both Imp and Pub sides

Volthammer

At least on Jedi Covenant. And that is a near complete lack of focusing enemy healers. Over and over and over and over again I watch enemy healers, with a huge marker over their head to boot, go almost totally ignored. This started about 3 months ago and I don't understand why. It's hilarious, and frustrating, to watch some clown try to dps down another player and wonder out loud why he won't die, never ever noticing the player RIGHT BEHIND him with the green beams and energy coming off of him/her healing the other.

At least on Jedi Covenant. And that is a near complete lack of focusing enemy healers. Over and over and over and over again I watch enemy healers, with a huge marker over their head to boot, go almost totally ignored. This started about 3 months ago and I don't understand why. It's hilarious, and frustrating, to watch some clown try to dps down another player and wonder out loud why he won't die, never ever noticing the player RIGHT BEHIND him with the green beams and energy coming off of him/her healing the other.

Tell me about it on JC it like dps is stuck on dumb. I wonder what those 2 marked target are and why no one is dieing i will just try harder maybe that will help. Maybe the dps/tank touched them in a bad spot who knows? Hey look at that green beam some one must be damaging my target herp derp. Keep saying in ops chat kill the healers, kill the healers like a battle cry lol. On the other hard there to HerpAderp to figure that out.

The best thing to do is start calling the herp out for derping by name and telling them yes you insertname here killing the tank. There's a marked target healing your target kill the healer or for every be marked as a herpAderp. You will be surprised how well that works

Edited by Neoforcer

Targeting a specific player is hard. It's much easier to just tab target and attack whatever that happens to be.

This is not new on the harby. It seems like almost every match somebody is complaining in chat about people not going after marked healers.

It's nice that JC just recently started having this problem, you're lucky it took that long.

The recent problem on my server is people marking non-healers. Why on earth mark a sniper with a green marker?

Also why do pugs mark friendlies?

"Shield is the tank."

Uhhhhh thanks. I kind of guessed that when he started guarding me. Thanks for cluttering the map with non-targets.

If you're on a team and have a system I can see marking friendly healers to protect but with a random pug you have to realize that most people will assume marked players are targets. It's hard enough to get pugs to focus a healer when they're the only ones marked.

And nothing is worse than running out across the map to intercept the enemy healer you saw marked only to find its a friendly Merc.

"He shoots fire so I marked him with the fire symbol."

I play healer on JC... I get no shortage of focus fire and tunneling. Where are all these herpaderps when I log in?:mad:

I'm grateful when I take less than 500k damage.

I find its only a problem when there are multiple healers on one team, as there will always be a freecasting healer, because the dps will tunnel 1 healer the entire match without interrupting/ccing one of the others.

Edited by ace_boogie

The quality and intelligence of PvP'ers really has dropped markedly in the last several months. You guys aren't off the mark there at all. I actually quit WZ's back at the beginning of January and just focused on GSF. I decided to give War Zones another try just yesterday and it was the very same lawl derp DPS zerging ignore all enemy healers crap that had been going when I stopped. It's just not enjoyable. Normally I play Imp side, but I switch back and forth. Both sides have become woefully moronic on JC.

I play healer on JC... I get no shortage of focus fire and tunneling. Where are all these herpaderps when I log in?:mad:

I'm grateful when I take less than 500k damage.

I find its only a problem when there are multiple healers on one team, as there will always be a freecasting healer, because the dps will tunnel 1 healer the entire match without interrupting/ccing one of the others.

rage delete? are you subbed? you can roll like 12 toons...

JC's the same as it's always been except there are more pugs than usual (fewer premades). generally, the premades work together. generally, the pugs do not. I've always found myself marking the first healer of a match when the match is well past half over. ppl have never marked, let alone known what to do with the mark. that's not new. maybe 1 in 20 ppl actually mark.

iunno. rated queues are dead, even solo requires an online dating system at this point. idc anymore. I'm on corellia with my sage. most of the comp stories are done. two or three more steps for the class story and I'll have seen all this game has to offer. I can shelve it.

Uhm... that is neither server not even swtor specific. Pugs are ... well... sometimes I wonder, if it's due to "in wow - the dude with the mark gets cced and everyone screams at me if I hit it" ... :D

Sometimes it helps to drop a line line "wow, cross has realy low exp... highest crits ever!"

Most of the time the TV running at the same time was more interesting.

Welcome to PVP

I don't mark things. Marks don't show up behind pillars, so there really isn't a point. Marking things for focus fire is stupid unless you are actually using them to call out over like skype. Its not hard to determine what class and role things are around you.

If I were to mark things, it would be my teammates. But I use friendly nameplates so that isn't needed either. I could see maybe in the big cluster****s it might be good to mark your tank. In other games you mark your teammates, because there are mechanics that you have to react too quickly like eat traps and ****. Here its just be in guard range. Marks only help people with really low awareness or people that don't have all nameplates turned on. For those people I would rather they know where their healers are so they don't LOS/range incoming heals.

You shouldn't just blindly tunnel healers. I mean its all situational. Most the people who are yelling in chat "kill the healer OMG!" are overextended and die a lot. At least in evenly matched warzones. They are also pulling their own healers out of position, rather than easily just killing stuff on their own back line.

You shouldn't just blindly tunnel healers. I mean its all situational. Most the people who are yelling in chat "kill the healer OMG!" are overextended and die a lot. At least in evenly matched warzones. They are also pulling their own healers out of position, rather than easily just killing stuff on their own back line.

This. Only baddies think tunneling heal at all costs is viable.

...You shouldn't just blindly tunnel healers. I mean its all situational. Most the people who are yelling in chat "kill the healer OMG!" are overextended and die a lot. At least in evenly matched warzones. They are also pulling their own healers out of position, rather than easily just killing stuff on their own back line.

I dunno. In ten solid years of PvP'ing I simply cannot say that the majority of the time that people who are hollering for the enemy healers to be killed are overextended. They're hollering for the healers to be killed, in ALL of my experiences, because they're keeping most of their team alive through the match (if they're decent). And besides, no one said anything about blindly and mechanically targeting healers without any thought whatsoever.

It's the enemies that overextend out of their healer's range that get killed and then often gripe about it.