derkleineprinz: " Bad Equipment "

kijthae

Hello

I dinged to 50 today. Gather some nice stuff from all tier 1 heroics and I received starter gear mail.

I was able to join queue and matched with guys in this screen shot for lost islands.

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9595/badequipment.jpg

derkleineprinz decided that i got " bad equipment " and started a vote kick. Dindril and apisko approved his vote kick request and i was removed from group in the start.

I have never done lost islands. Are they rightful or its still doable with me but they lack skills so they want better geared person ?

I have never done lost islands. Are they rightful or its still doable with me but they lack skills so they want better geared person ?

This is why I don't PUG. This happens a lot when you join random groups through LFG, or random groups in PvP for that matter.

I guess they think that after someone instructed them on gearing for Hard Mode flashpoints or PvP, that everyone should have that knowledge somehow come to them spontaneously out of thin air, without anyone having to pass on their knowledge. Because, now that they've know how to gear, they don't have time to stop and teach others, they're too busy scrambling for mad lootz that only really exists as a few bytes of info on a harddrive.

And people call ME insane!

HAH Hah hah! The greed for nothing.

Edited by CaptRavenous

I heard if it is a Hard Mode Lost Island, you need high level endgame gear, not sure for Story Mode or Normal Mode. I am a new player :), but my guildies told me so. So if it was Hard Mode, then probably it was a good ground yeah.

sadly yes you were under geared for a inexperienced gamer and new to the zone.

those who know the fights or are more experienced can get away with the starter gear. such players usually are in guild groups though. problem is the group finder has nothing to help new players like yourself make a more informed decision as to not queue up for this particular hard mode with starter gear.

the players that kicked you should have spent some time explaining this to you before doing so. but perhaps it has happened to them so many times in the past they no longer have the patience to do so. in other words you are not the first new 50 to do this nor will be the last.

i would advise to queue up for the first tier hard modes and get some columni drops along with your black hole coms. in no time you will be able to do lost island hard mode.

Well if you do a simple search of the forums on lost island you would probably get a multitude of answers to your question.

I guess they think that after someone instructed them on gearing for Hard Mode flashpoints or PvP, that everyone should have that knowledge somehow come to them spontaneously out of thin air, without anyone having to pass on their knowledge. Because, now that they've know how to gear, they don't have time to stop and teach others, they're too busy scrambling for mad lootz that only really exists as a few bytes of info on a harddrive.

Well... courtesy and respect for others goes both ways.

The expectation cannot be solely on others to "pass on knowledge" without each individual also making an effort to learn or find out things for themselves.

OP dings 50 and queues for a tier 2 flashpoint without doing the most rudimentary check of asking someone or even searching the forums (OP is very active on forums) - why is the onus on other players to explain things to OP?

I guess they think that after someone instructed them on gearing for Hard Mode flashpoints or PvP, that everyone should have that knowledge somehow come to them spontaneously out of thin air...

Knowledge can be gained in a multitude of ways - thin air being the east successful of these - so I would recommend you and OP stay away from that method and stick to google, dulfy and the large number of informative websites, guild/ friends chat and forums.

Well... courtesy and respect for others goes both ways.

The expectation cannot be solely on others to "pass on knowledge" without each individual also making an effort to learn or find out things for themselves.

OP dings 50 and queues for a tier 2 flashpoint without doing the most rudimentary check of asking someone or even searching the forums (OP is very active on forums) - why is the onus on other players to explain things to OP?

Knowledge can be gained in a multitude of ways - thin air being the east successful of these - so I would recommend you and OP stay away from that method and stick to google, dulfy and the large number of informative websites, guild/ friends chat and forums.

Can you see through a keyhole with both eyes?

Sorry, booting people from a group for being undergeared without explanation or even a hint as to where said player could go to find info he/she needs is rude and elitist. So many people complain they can't find players geared right for certain operations, but do nothing to actually help the situation, instead chasing away potential new-recruits to the operations scene by acting like the knowledge for HM flashpoint gearing should be common.

Passing on knowledge takes scant seconds, and is as easy as posting a link, or pointing out where to go. Giving a player a hard time for not seeking knowledge for a HM flashpoint beforehand, even though there were no warnings from the game he/she should do so before entering the queue, is ignorant. Yeah, there IS a lot of info for operations and flashpoints out there on the interwebz.

Too bad players are too busy to point them out to ignorant n00bs.

You can't expect the onus to be on the new lvl 50 to find out info on gearing for HM flashpoints, when there is no guide in-game to tell him/her what flashpoint needs what gear, it just tells him/her to buy their first set of Tionese gear, then go ahead and queue up! Newbies to the Ops scene can't be blamed for game failures. The way the OP got booted just keeps people away, and does nothing to encourage new Ops players. Existing Ops players should know this, and WANT to help others, because the person they help today, may be the player they need for that impossible Op tomorrow.

If a lot of mmo players acted in real life the way they do in game they would be getting their asses kicked on a daily basis... And they would deserve every blow.

Its akin to walking up to somebody and asking if they know where a bathroom is only to be told "**** newb!"

Sure the person looknig for a bathroom could have found that information themselves as finding a bathroom isn't exactly rocket science... But at the same time the "eliteist" can also not walk through life begging humanity to kick them in the taint.

Then the question should be: Why I was allowed to queue for a fp that i dont have enough equipment ?

Likely due to the system not being able to tell if you had the correct gear or not. Personally, I think it'd be nice if flashpoints at certain difficulties and the like were limited to having the right stuff prior to queuing, so no one's caught off guard.