My 31/2/8 PVP Build

Mahael

So I'm one of those guys that always likes to do things my own way. Fully expecting that not everyone will like my play style, I hereby open myself to critique.

Here is the build I use, which I call "Thrashless Full Darkness"

I run the standard Wither/Shock to 3 stacks for a HD cast. Instead of filling it with Thrash I find in pvp that I have a lot of chances to Maul (and Maul again, and Maul some moar), Assasinate and Discharge. I use the 2 set tank bonus and apply spike to peoples' faces liberally. Along with OCSing, stiming, pulling, taunting, stunning, and overloading I don't find myself filling with SS very often and usually have enough force for whatever comes next (something I felt I was lacking trying to consistently fill with thrash). I usually stay in my tank roll and gaurd things like healers and nodes. In a fight I try to make sure that the discharge debuff, taunt and wither are up on as many as possible. I run in dps gear with a little defense (since I'm itemized to 27% crit 75% surge the rest power). I'm comfortable soloing most people when it's a clean fight and can usually take out 1 1/2 in a 1v2. My dps seems to be on par with other tank/tank-hybrids.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

Edited by Mahael

So....no proc for shock? No thrash? Yeah....good luck. I run 10-13 specs for my assassin, I'd never use a thrashless darkness. Seems like a waste of time honestly.

It's true, I only proc off of Assasinates. But what use is an auto-crit shock when your out of force? And if you only thrash once in a while (rather than twice every cycle which is nearly force-exaustive in 31/0/10) then you only get the proc once in a great while... not a huge sacrifice.

It's true, I only proc off of Assasinates. But what use is an auto-crit shock when your out of force?

I like to use the PVE gear set bonus granting +50 power. Works wonders IMHO. You can still have 1200+ expertise. Or you can grind off-hand to fill the shells and have max expertise.

I use it for deception so I have 160 force in total. You could still have 150 though.

Edited by Kyanzes