View Single Post

FlatTax
07.14.2019 , 05:35 PM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
So it is more you're being concerned about what Player Y may get, as opposed to actual P2W. Thanks for the clarification. Your impatience, or jealousy of someone else getting something a few hours sooner than you does not qualify as P2W, it has another name, that I can't use here, but it ends in envy.
No, other players aren't my concern.

Let's cover some basics: The optimal game experience is the one sold to you. Developers will never intentionally sell anything that reduces engagement, and their goal is to recurringly monetize us.

If a game monetizes its gearing and progression with microtransactions, the non-MTX experience is definitionally sabotaged, to incentivize those transactions. Period.

My problem is paying $155.88 a year, year after year, and having my experience degraded by MTX-fed gearing and progression. It's pay-to-win, and 6.0 is doubling-down with its need for two simultaneous consumables to un-nerf the game.

And no, the degree to which MTX-fed progression and gearing can be circumvented isn't meaningful, because it's a moral problem, regardless of degree. If it's 'not so bad' now, we're clearly being groomed for more abuse when the lights go out. None of us deserve to get FIFA'd in the dark.

I won't even get started on selling gambling products.

Business ethics matter. We all deserve better.
(woah, the divine, golden glow of truth)