Wouldn't it be cool if you could post bounties on people

Piratekinq

How would it work, realistically?

I suppose it would be restricted to the PvP servers, as a practical matter, but then what?

Someone annoys you in General Chat, or ninjas your loot, and you take out a bounty on them? Sounds like there's way to much potential for bullying and griefing in that scenario ... you know it'd only be milliseconds before someone was posting bounties on people at random, for the sheer annoyance value of it.

Consensual bounties, maybe? Where if the target isn't eliminated after a certain amount of in-game time (say, 3 hours), they win, and if they are eliminated, the bounty hunter wins? Sounds like dental surgery to me, but some people might go for it.

Or how might it work?

The player bounty system in SWG worked well but as far as SWTOR we could just make it consentual.

A simple toggle box allows bounties to be put on your head in any amount from 100 - 1000 credits by anyone you kill in PvP. The amounts stack and are then placed onto bounty boards based off of the total. No names are listed you must use tracking droids to find your target.

Anyone could purchase and use the tracking droids which would be made by players.

This makes a player bounty system completely voluntary.

It would be awesome on a PVP server. It would also be awesome if they had random PVE bounties too, outside the questlines, on a terminal... like SWG but better. I use to love running to a terminal and picking up a mission. Launching my probe droids and actually tracking the guy down. Was great fun and made me feel like a BH.

Then bounty hunters could go to a mission terminal and click a quest to hunt other players.

GL ever collecting the said bounties. If you fill the bumper car with sand it still isn't much of a sandbox. Wrong game, wrong world design, wrong approach to PvP for such an idea.

Idea itself is entertaining. Though curiously enough I'm not that sure if it has ever worked in desired fashion even in most functional sandboxes out there(I'm thinking of Eve Online, Ultima Online) People abuse the system, post bounties on their alts or alts of their friends etc.

Ofc, this would be a dream come true for any and all BHs out there. But yeah, just no. It'll never happen. It would never work in TOR. Ofc, you could hope to find your mark in WZ but that'd just be silly no?**

Daydreaming about some semi rendomized rare spawning mob you need to track down and kill would be more realistic. Then again, I'm not sure if day dreaming has to be realistic:p

*goes back to daydreaming about Sandbox space flight in TOR*

Exiting super edit!

** Actually!!

Find mark in WZ. Use BH SPACE MAGIC MARK TAGGING TOOL to mark. You and mark get teleported in 1 vs 1 Warzone designed for this specific purpose. Win and you collect bounty. Mark wins and he earns some cool guy points. Also, bounty goes up. Hu:O It could work to some degree. Not sure if it'd have much of a feeling of BHing tho.

Edited by Stradlin

It's crazy most of things people want were already in swg a game from 2004.

Crazier still when you consider that if a person was to play Ultima Online for 1st time ever today ( Originally released in 1998) they'd find it far more innovative and fresh than any WoW clone has managed up to date.

The player bounty system in SWG worked well but as far as SWTOR we could just make it consentual.

A simple toggle box allows bounties to be put on your head in any amount from 100 - 1000 credits by anyone you kill in PvP. The amounts stack and are then placed onto bounty boards based off of the total. No names are listed you must use tracking droids to find your target.

Anyone could purchase and use the tracking droids which would be made by players.

This makes a player bounty system completely voluntary.

I like this idea.

This would NOT work in TOR. It worked in SWG, but it started failing with introduction of Kash and Mustafar. Having separate instances and hundreds of "loading" areas eliminates any possibility of player bounty system.

Your target cannot be located in: ships, WZ, hangars, flashpoints, instances, class areas, elevators, ship loading screens, instances that are full etc.

BH system worked in great SWG prior to the Kash and Mustafar. It worked good, but even then people would hide in houses, grind with pocket house, and try to shuttle/planet hop and log out. In TOR it simple DOES NOT WORK.

how about just putting an automatic bounty on someone that killed you outside a warzone? i mean their PvP flag is on, and it'd stop people from continuously harassing others since the more they harass the bigger the bounty on their head.

killing someone as a group should also divide the bounty among group members (maybe a slight bonus on the one that landed the killing blow)

Then bounty hunters could go to a mission terminal and click a quest to hunt other players.

I have to ask, why do they need to implement mechanics for this when we are perfectly capable of using the realm forums?

I was thinking of this the other day after getting my butt camp ganked for abit by the opposing faction in sctor X and basically hiring a few keen pvpers to return the favour.

I don't like the idea of needing it to be consensual - that defeats the purpose. I think that if it happens, it needs to be PvP based (this won't happen, because they will never limit a feature to a particular server) and you can only call for a bounty if you are killed by someone, say twice in a PvP area.

The person taking up the bounty needs to be within three levels of the target (for 1-49) or level 50 for all level 50 targets.

Nice and simple.

Edited by BlueArab
spelling

how about just putting an automatic bounty on someone that killed you outside a warzone? i mean their PvP flag is on, and it'd stop people from continuously harassing others since the more they harass the bigger the bounty on their head.

killing someone as a group should also divide the bounty among group members (maybe a slight bonus on the one that landed the killing blow)

The problem with this, is that this discourages PvP, which is the opposite of its intent. If the person with the bounty on their head keep surviving and winning even match ups, they should be rewarded too. Maybe 'Bounty Commendations' instead of credits?

Edited by BlueArab
spelling

What if they add special things inside warzones. Like for BH, the system can calculate data and come up with the most wanted target and give the BH a bonus incentive for taking that target out. The system can judge this maybe on things like someone with a high kill count and low death count. Someone with high cap count or high heal amount or any number of factors. It can auto pop a "quest" to the BH while playing the warzone and if the BH does take that target out then maybe he gets extra medals or extra valor and credits or something.

It would only be fair to do things for other classes too. Maybe smugglers can be given a goal to actually sneak in and smuggle something out of the enemy base and return it to his own.

No idea what they could do for other classes though. Havent thought about it enough.