Still no cross-faction-communication?

Sylend

Come on Bioware, whats going on? You locked crossfaction "tells" because you thought players would bash each others after pvp. Now pvp zones are imp vs imp / rep vs. rep too and nothing would stop people from bashing. Why keep that sh*t? And what about that "bug" that /e emotes are not readable from the other faction?

At the RP community meeting a year ago you said that you guys weren't even aware of that and would fix it.

I know there is more "important" things to do like butting more stuff into the cartel market to make money but you can't tell me that this would take alot of time.

Atleast crossfaction /e emoting!

this is a RP-player rant

over and out!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, /signed.

Bashing others happens in same faction too.

I've seen it, joined groups where it happened, sees it in general chat sometimes...

It makes no sense at all to restrict chatting cross-faction to /say only.

The only thing I'd like to see is cross-faction Guild chat. A way to link two guild chats together.

Just a small annoyance though. I was playing a Pub toon yesterday, and everyone in our guild was on Imp side. Don't really want to join a "populated" Pub guild -- because I rarely play my pub toons.

Yep and /ignore works pretty well. I don't get the need for the restriction.

The problem with ignore is that it thins the pool for potential flashpoint/warzone mates. Just because someone gets stupid in general chat when he gets bored doesn't mean he isn't worth running content with.

OP,

/say is cross-faction.

Yep and /ignore works pretty well. I don't get the need for the restriction.

Ignore in TOR is pathetic honestly. I mean c'mon only 128 slots is nothing. I have to deal with cycling ignores and re-ignoring hourly when I'm on. We really need at least 1000 for it to not be a joke.

/say is not enough for RP.

In dept RP storylines need to be coordinated OOC as well as RP-PvP in some case. Thats why we don't see much of it here, areas and communications are too restrictive. Even custom emotes are blocked.

Cross-faction custom channels and tells would be a great asset to the game and make things a lot easier for those who want to run cross-faction stories and events.

Open all channels to all factions except PvP and General and give the user the option to activate or not cross-faction communications.

As far as I've tested it /say works in WZ but not in open world.

As a side note, DCU had 'versus' chat and that worked fine. Ok, there was some baiting, flaming and unpleasantness - but how is that any way different to single-faction general chat?

Let us talk to the imps!

As far as I've tested it /say works in WZ but not in open world.

As a side note, DCU had 'versus' chat and that worked fine. Ok, there was some baiting, flaming and unpleasantness - but how is that any way different to single-faction general chat?

Let us talk to the imps!

Of course /say works in the open world.... or am I just seeing things and talking to myself? :rak_02:

There is no point to being unable to talk across faction.

Story and lore wise...we all speak galactic basic. and some characters may know other languages etc.

Game wise...I'd sooner bash the morons i get grouped with then a player who skillfully slaughtered me. Hell...i'm more likely to ask him how he pulled that off!

This needs to be changed. everyone should be allowed to chat. period. It will never happen unless bioware comes up with a way to sell it on the cartel market. then it will get patched in within a week or two.

RP would certainly benefit from Cross-faction emotes, if nothing more. Some other forms of cross-faction communication are often helpful as well. I know when I RP with friends, we often go to Party chat so that our own RP isn't all jumbled into the local chat and vice-versa. Cross-faction grouping is obviously not part of the gameplay, but cross-faction tells would at least allow some of this. Cross-faction custom chat channels would be the real solution, IMO.

As custom channels can be passworded, it allows some protection from harassment -- only those who you want to communicate with would be there. In a similar vein, if they would allow cross-faction friends-lists, then they could allow cross-faction tells from people on your friends list.

These type of functions would also be very useful/helpful for those of us in smaller guilds who play on both Republic and Imperial sides. A way for the Rep & Imp guildies to communicate easily for impromptu gaming/grouping would be a great asset, IMO.