POLL : Lifetime Subscription ?

Kozzmozz

I hope Bioware ever will have the intention of making a lifetime subscription model! especially with some nice extra's ingame and / or promotion.

I will sub until that moment comes per month. I want to order it whenever it comes availible!

Will you consider lifetime subscription ? And on what will it depend if you have doubts?

so for me : +1 for lifetime!!

I would do it in a heartbeat.

Just like I did on Lotro ....... played 4 years ..... saved money.

I come from lotro aswell :D I was on evernight!

but back on topic. I hate i missed out on it with lotro. I should of done it since it would be much more beneficial in the end for me.

When i returned to lotro when it was "F2P" , i spended more money those 6 months then i did on the first years. I hope mmo's never become "F2P" .

I hope Bioware ever will have the intention of making a lifetime subscription model! especially with some nice extra's ingame and / or promotion.

I will sub until that moment comes per month. I want to order it whenever it comes availible!

Will you consider lifetime subscription ? And on what will it depend if you have doubts?

so for me : +1 for lifetime!!

Sure, $2000. You up for it?

Cheers.

They do have a lifetime subscription. Click the 6 month plan, that is as long as this game will be Pay to Play.

they better should ask money to post on the forums. Then & only then all these garbage posters would go bully another forum.

Why wont it happen? Is it so uncommon?

Not at all, though it's not always the best idea.

Personally, i'd say a yearly sub would be good. I'd switch from 6 months to yearly in a heartbeat

They do have a lifetime subscription. Click the 6 month plan, that is as long as this game will be Pay to Play.

Ahh yes, all the doom and gloom, just because it doesn't play how you want it to. EA/BW may (may) take this game F2P but it will be MUCH more than 6 months from now. Nice try

Only games that are dying or dead will do life time subs. (or small market games that done believe they ever really had much of a chance - but most of them go FTP now)

It is a last hope / grab for money to try to salvage the game.

If this game gets lifetime subs, cancel immediately. That means it's in danger and EA is trying to squeeze as much money out of it as possible in the most brief window possible.

$15 a month for 24 months = $360

vs.

$200 lifetime sub.

Which is better for EA's bottom line? Hint: it's not the lifetime sub option.

Lifetime subscription models are an excellent indicator of low confidence in the product's longterm profitability.

I don't see it happening with this game...they would have offered it already. With EA behind them I don't see anything happening that would ultimately save people money in the long run.

Actually I think -in marketing terms- they should of done it already , since in the hype people would buy it, even the ones that will leave the game after a couple of months. But EA will still got their lifetime sub money. The longer you wait the less you can ask (moneywise then)

A lifetime subscription is based on the idea of fast money today, and new ways to make you pay up a gazillion times tomorrow, regardless of your investment today.

Much cheaper to go with a steady rate for the consumer in general, and it is much better to have a predictable future where you can expect new content as well.

---

Not at all, though it's not always the best idea.

Personally, i'd say a yearly sub would be good. I'd switch from 6 months to yearly in a heartbeat

Ahh yes, all the doom and gloom, just because it doesn't play how you want it to. EA/BW may (may) take this game F2P but it will be MUCH more than 6 months from now. Nice try

what this guy said..

If this game gets lifetime subs, cancel immediately. That means it's in danger and EA is trying to squeeze as much money out of it as possible in the most brief window possible.

$15 a month for 24 months = $360

vs.

$200 lifetime sub.

Which is better for EA's bottom line? Hint: it's not the lifetime sub option.

Lifetime subscription models are an excellent indicator of low confidence in the product's longterm profitability.

I dont agree for 100% .

altough there will be mmo's out there that have done it to get pre-money to keep all things running or even acquiring a budget for future plans (content, expansions, ...) , there are also other mmo's out there who are succesful and have it? LOTRO had Lifetime as i can recall very early from the start , and that was defo not because they were in trouble.

I dont agree for 100% .

altough there will be mmo's out there that have done it to get pre-money to keep all things running or even acquiring a budget for future plans (content, expansions, ...) , there are also other mmo's out there who are succesful and have it? LOTRO had Lifetime as i can recall very early from the start , and that was defo not because they were in trouble.

Name a game with lifetime subscriptions that's currently healthy. I personally can't think of a single one, that doesn't mean they aren't out there though.

On the other hand, I can think of several that took people's money and then either folded or went free-to-play.