Malgus and Time line question....

Kallahnn

Ok so are we in the time period BEFORE Darth Malgus kills his lover Eleena Daru or after he kills her and then murders most of the Empires Politicians because of sparing the Republic and he then he leaves to discover new regions for the Empire?

I think I may of missed it on the old forums and I just wanted to have my Lore in the check story wise.

Thanks.

Im sure these are things my Jedi would know or at least heard from another Master at some point.

Maybe, maybe not. I think It's around 10 years after the Sacking of Coruscant, and Malgus distanced himself from the Politics, and dramas of the Sith Empire.

He said something about the "Unknown Regions" and left.

Edited by SammyRath

Maybe, maybe not. I think It's around 10 years after the Sacking of Coruscant, and Malgus distanced himself from the Politics, and dramas of the Sith Empire.

He said something about the "Unknown Regions" and left.

Malgus is more than active in the "politics" and "drama" in this specific time frame. Without being too specific, there is a generic Republic mission {not class based} on Ilum where Malgus manipulates you {your character and the high ranking members you are there to assist} into defeating {killing if you will} a powerful Sith Lord rival of his.

I will not ruin the story, but Malgus is more than active trying to make his vision a reality. To be fair to you, however, he is obviously in a power struggle...and mostly operates in the "shadows" so to speak. From the players perspective...and the challenge involved in taking out his rival...I can see why he was too lazy to do it himself lol. His rival is one of the more interesting challenges a solo player can encounter. {Bring friends if possible lol}.

Malgus is more than active in the "politics" and "drama" in this specific time frame. Without being too specific, there is a generic Republic mission {not class based} on Ilum where Malgus manipulates you {your character and the high ranking members you are there to assist} into defeating {killing if you will} a powerful Sith Lord rival of his.

I stand corrected. I was only basing it on whatever info was available on Wookipedia, which i just assumed was more or less correct/up to date.

forgive my ignorance on some lore. My only real references are the knights of the old republic games. And even then only really played through the second one about 80% Where does this take place in relation to those games? Or are they not part of this main fiction? Again, sorry haven't followed the lore that closely.

Where does this take place in relation to those games? Or are they not part of this main fiction? Again, sorry haven't followed the lore that closely.

This game takes place 300 years after Knights of the Old Republic, and more than 3,500 years before Episode 4.

Edited by SammyRath

forgive my ignorance on some lore. My only real references are the knights of the old republic games. And even then only really played through the second one about 80% Where does this take place in relation to those games? Or are they not part of this main fiction? Again, sorry haven't followed the lore that closely.

If you played the KoTOR games then you know who Revan, Bastila and the Exile (Meetra Surik) are.

As mentioned by others, the game takes place 300 years after the KoTOR games, but, depending on your faction and/or class choice, you get to meet/interact with all of these characters, in one way or another.

And i assume you know that virtually everything implies - although i'm not sure it has been directly mentioned - that Satele Shan is Revan & Bastila's descendant. :)