New Companions? (Spoilers)

JYthelifesaver

Well it looks like BW is going to give us some new story companions soon. Major Anri seems generic enough to be a definite add-on later. Arn and Tau also seem likely to be added later as well. Savik and Malora seem less likely but seem like they may join the alliance at least. But one character that I'm really looking forward to as a potential permanent companion is Darth Malgus. After both JUS and Onslaught ended with Malgus being added as a temporary companion I have a feeling BW might have plans on giving him to us for real after this next story arc is completed.

But in the event that we do get Malgus, I hope he stays overpowered. I hope they don't do him like they did Arcann. Even if we have to be subbed to receive him like we had to be back when Shae was rewarded. They could even also add the requirement of doing a "bonus chapter" like shroud of memory and locking that behind a 40+ $ price tag. It would be worth it to me, I'd buy it.

But what do you guys think? Should they (would they?) give us Malgus?

I don't think they're gonna give us Malgus, he's too powerful. Like we probably end getting to use him for maybe a FP or something but I highly doubt they would let us keep him for good. Malora would be cool, maybe Savik too. Who knows maybe Malgus's little trip to Dantooine cures him of his hatred like if you saved Arcann.

I would much rather see more companion quests instead of getting 100 more companions. Tau and Anri look like they're getting set up to become comps.I didn't do any flirting with Tau but I did with Anri didn't seem to go anywhere, maybe something will change in the future quests.

I don't think they're gonna give us Malgus, he's too powerful. Like we probably end getting to use him for maybe a FP or something but I highly doubt they would let us keep him for good. Malora would be cool, maybe Savik too. Who knows maybe Malgus's little trip to Dantooine cures him of his hatred like if you saved Arcann.

I would much rather see more companion quests instead of getting 100 more companions. Tau and Anri look like they're getting set up to become comps.I didn't do any flirting with Tau but I did with Anri didn't seem to go anywhere, maybe something will change in the future quests.

I concur. I do not think Malgus will be joining us as a companion. To me it seems that Malgus is being set up as an antagonist again. Malora and Savik, I doubt it. Tau and Anri, possibly. Many people, myself included, hoped that Arn would become a companion and a love interest. Perhaps this is why Darth Rivix was introduced to Imperials during Task At Hand. Maybe Republic characters will get Tau and Arn and Imperial characters will get Anri and Rivix. Or maybe not and they will remain as just story characters.

As far as new companions, I would really rather see something like what I suggested in another thread.

I have suggested something similar to this as a way for BW to add same-sex romanceable companions into the early game. Create some companions that can join your character as early as level 10 on the fleet station that have their own story and cutscenes that unlock as one's story progresses. Similar to Treek. This would also be a way to introduce a male romanceable Force user (Arcann and Scourge are both very late game, one is class specific, and neither have much development to their romance). It would be really cool if they made these characters from species we do not get as companions, such as Miraluka and Mirialan.

What I REEEEeaaaallly want is a Satele Shan companion/Romance (both genders) i don't care if she's like 60 by now, she still mah main wish in this game.

That being said I'd love Acina as a romance/companion (probably only for those who side with sith obviously)

But after those two...i would much prefer giving more content to existing companions, like that Senya romance we never got, giving Vette a same sex option somewhere...things like that.

What I REEEEeaaaallly want is a Satele Shan companion/Romance (both genders) i don't care if she's like 60 by now, she still mah main wish in this game.

Satele was born in 3699 BBY || 46 BTC, and according to Charles' post the current year is 3627 BBY || 26 ATC, so Satele is actually 72 years old.

If here speaking about new companions, especially bonus ones, I would like to get:

- Darth Marr

- Vaylin

I think it's enough to just drop them on the terminal to avoid causing any errors in the scripts, but there are other ways to get bonus companions without involving them in the plot.:rak_03::rak_03::rak_03:

#VaylinBonusComp

Edited by Blackvinils

If here speaking about new companions, especially bonus ones, I would like to get:

- Darth Marr

- Vaylin

I think it's enough to just drop them on the terminal to avoid causing any errors in the scripts, but there are other ways to get bonus companions without involving them in the plot.:rak_03::rak_03::rak_03:

#VaylinBonusComp

Just one problem...

They'd have to somehow bring them back from the dead unless they will be force ghosts...

A character with an extension to their story? Shara Jenn. I think how they handled her in Nathema was off. A brainwashed character that the Agent helped to free still sides with the Empire against her actual friend and dies for it? No, that's just too much. She faked her death, if she "died". She's supposed to be really smart, I could buy that, and that story annoys me.

I'd like to see Risha and a few other of the class exclusive companions get some story beats, and also to become companions for any player that wants them.

I could stand having the Sith from the Jedi Knight storyline around, but I suppose we already have Scourge.

Malora seems to have been a lot of work never to see her again. Feels like a waste.

Characters just to slap into the market with no story: I'd like to see Vaylin, because while I found her story grotesque and could stand to see it overturned, I don't think they have the chops to do it and too many people hated her specifically or the whole thing for more story.

I'd kind of like Zhorrid so she can help me shoot Jadus in the face, if they ever bring him back. I don't necessarily think she needs more story.

Just one problem...

They'd have to somehow bring them back from the dead unless they will be force ghosts...

Nope, this is not necessary, since no one resurrects SCORPIO, Torian or Vette, for example, because they are still dead for the current story and chronology, but they can be taken with you for all other game-based non-story quests and etc.:rak_03::rak_03::rak_03:

#VaylinBonusComp

Edited by Blackvinils