Fate of the Jedi, class quest help

Kojimo

Are you *********** kidding me bioware? Up until now I've been quite a supporter of this game, been able to look past the kinks here and there but there are POSTS FROM OVER A MONTH AGO about this serious bug.

I am so incredibly close to cancelling my sub.

when you have killed the dark sith then talk with your holo terminal on your ship before leaving the space where you fight him that helped me so i could complet it

Well, I was fortunate enough to get this done last night. I followed some of the suggestions here in the process. After resetting the mission, I joined forces with the only other player on my server running The Oppressor at that time. I joined his mission in progress. He had already taken care of Reactor Alpha. He started to go for Gamma, but I suggested Beat first. We did those in order, killed all the mobs on the ship, completed the battles and escaped. Then we ran my mission. Same process. All reactors in alphabetical order, killed all mobs, finished battles, escaped ship.

When I returned to my own ship, I was able to use the holo-terminal to speak with the Council before heading to Tython. Once there, I was able to successfully talk to the Council and complete my mission. However, the other player I ran through this with ran into the same issue I had just a day earlier (unable to use the holo-terminal on his ship, 'Council not in session').

He reset his mission and I helped him get through this again. Same process, except I was with him from the beginning this time. In the end, he was also able to successfully complete the mission.

While the sample size is small, the common thread here was that my first time through on Sunday night was also joined by another player while the mission was already in progress.

Maybe that was the problem for most of us and maybe not. Nonetheless, I would recommend anyone enlisting the help of others on class missions like this reset the mission once the group is formed.

Good luck and thanks to everyone in this and related threads for providing info to help me get through this mission. May the Force be with you.

Edited by NDakotaRC

Add another stuck one to the list. I did get all the way to the last guy, couldn't beat him. Another joined me and we took him out...then the bug. I'm guessing what the guy who posted above me said is correct. Now I have to figure out how to reset a class quest and find a JK who just happens to be doing it at the same time... -_-

I'm bugged as well! The really frustrating part is I spent sooo much on repairs/med packs to finally defeat Angral and his boys solo at lvl 32. I died at least half a dozen times. The financial aspect bothers me more than simply having to reset the quest, especially due to the 240k required for a faster speeder at lvl 40. I think we should be compensated somehow for this BS! I wouldn't be upset to find some kind of peace offering waiting in my mailbox.. HINT HINT Bioware!!!! Follow up: It works! I took the advice and reset the quest, defeated the Alpha, Betta, then Gamma in that order. I however did not defeat all mobs on the ship. I think the crucial thing is to use your ships holoterminal before traveling to Tython. Edited by H_CHINASKI

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
lots of people having issues today with this. Guild member has bug and said there were numerous others who couldnt do this quest. I got him to reset it and ran him through oppresser again, then ship terminal, then onto council chambers and it worked Edited by Ziso

• 1 month later...
I'm having a problem too. I get to the Jedi Council doors, right-click on it, and the chat bubble pops up. Normal.

I wait for like... 10 minutes. Nothing.

I have a better then decent connection, good computer, and I KNOW it shouldn't take this long. I'm just stuck waiting at this door hoping something will happen. Anyone know a fix or a workaround?

With regards to the chat bubble waiting issue, all you have to do is go outside and run around for a bit. Then go back and talk to the counsil. Resetting the quest is completely unnecessary .

• 2 weeks later...
Just verifying previous statement. After finishing on the Oppressor, my quest was stuck. Tried several things, but traveling to Tatooine did fix it for me too.

My quest was bugged as well...even the reset button was grayed out so I was really stuck. Travelling to Tatooine fixed the problem.

6 months and no bug fix on this yet? Very frustrating. I've submitted several tickets in the past, and always got a prompt response. Got zero help on this one though.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I just had problems with this quest yesterday, I couldn't even fly to the oppressor. Try turning your video settings all the way down, then use the holocom. It worked for me, but you may be having a different issue than I was.

This bugged out for me as well. I could complete the Oppressor phase, and check in with my holoterminal once I got back on my ship, but once I traveled to Tython, my quest, Fate of the Jedi, won't update. I just get arrows directing me outside of the temple, but nothing is there. (The quest dialogue simply says "Travel to Tython".. it never updates to go to the council, as if I haven't traveled yet.)

My friend and I are leveling Jedi Knights together. He's a guardian, I'm a sentinel. We did my phase first, then his. He was able to complete the Tython portion of his quest, and continue on with the class storyline. I am not.

I have tried:

- Going to another planet, and back to Tython.

- Going to Tatooine, and back to Tython.

- Going to the Fleet, and back to Tython.

- Using a Fleet Pass, and then going back to Tython.

- Reset all active phases.

- Logged out of Character.

- Quit game client.

There is no option to reset the quest. I was told to "open a ticket" and tech support does not offer in-game assistance over the phone (which is shocking, for a game with so many issues NOT to offer consistent nor reliable support.) The "fixes" the recorded message gave over the phone, for a bugged class quest, was to reset the quest. I do not have the option to reset the quest. The button is not active, and mousing over it gives the "unavailable" dialogue.

So, according to the similar issues listed above, it would seem I have to [&!^%^%!#&!^$%#!&^%$#] Re-roll. After investing into Cartel items, Legacy Character Perks, Crafting, etc. seeing as my chances of getting anything other than a "Droid" response are slim. And even then, support droid messages are never helpful, and I'll have to wait ages even for that.

I'm furious. :mad:

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Experienced the same issue. Didn't get past "Travel to Tython". The "Reset" option was not available either.

Travelling to Tatooine solved it for me as well.

Nevertheless it is a shame that this bug is known for almost THREE YEARS and still NOT FIXED. Even more since similar bugs seem to appear also elsewhere in the game. As a subscriber I expect a properly working game, and especially those, who might have invested lots of money into cartel coins, have a right to do so. Not the way you should treat your customers...

Edited by ArteTV

• 6 months later...
Just an FYI, my friend that I am running through a Knight with is experiencing this issue now. Though we are running all missions together, I did not encounter this issue. It is a shame that this bug is still in the game since launch, it would seem. C'mon Bioware, I know you're better than this. I understand this might be a hard bug to duplicate and find a solution but c'mon.

• 6 months later...