The Dwindling Dev Tracker

iamthehoyden

I have already stated that I agree my expectations are unrealistic after having them pointed out to me as such. I am no longer going to have any questions for the Community Team, Developers or Bioware in general. I am sorry that my previous unrealistic expectations have caused so much distress. If you so wish, I shall edit my posts so as to remove the content.

You're not the only one with unrealistic expectations around here though.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where can i find those information?

i try to read a lot in these forums but i didn't not read any of your points.

thanks

A response in yellow, posted 17 days ago at 5:30 PM.

I got some info from Damion Schubert (Principal Lead Systems Designer) about this for you! He says that the "super secret space project" is certainly not dead and is in development. Unfortunately, we're not ready to say much more than that about it. We do, though, have more space content coming in the near future, and will continue work on the "super secret space project!"

SOURCE: http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=5025826&postcount=80

The "more space content coming in the near future" is of course referring to the 10 new space missions that are in the same style (sort of) as the existing space missions. It has also been clarified that these new space missions are NOT the same thing as the SSSP. And I'm not sure where that was originally stated, but it was a developer gold post.

• 2 months later...

I can live with a lot in a game.

I can live with bugs, for instance.

I know people want better space options, open-world pvp, more warzones, more flashpoints, continuing storylines, same-sex romances, chat bubbles, swoop racing, pazaak, more operations, level increases, server transfers, APAC server population addressed, more character slots, new species, and probably other things I've forgotten.

I want those things too.

I'd be willing to stick around IF WE COULD JUST GET SOME COMMUNICATION. The communication from this company is freakin TERRIBLE after they promised (twice. Twice!) to improve it. The last time I unsubbed was not because I had issues with the game, but because I became so frustrated over the sheer lack of communication (and, by implication, the lack of caring). I'll do the same crap dailies etc. every day if I at least know there is stuff in the pipeline and a (very rough) estimate of when I can expect those new things.

Stop promising and deliver. Seriously.

You know, I've given up on the communication. It's at the level it's going to be at. They're doing some decent things with developer updates and meet the developers blogs. The day to day communication is sparse. And my expectations regarding communication (based on experience) are very low anymore. <shrug>

I have done my best to defend the community team in the past because I did see improvement in many directions, but after being encouraged by Joveth and Allison to approach them with any particular issues and hearing nothing back for months now, you know, you're right. They'll do what they are doing, and that's it. If it doesn't say they are seeking feedback, they aren't. And they have nothing to say about any other concerns at all, so to hell with them.

You know, I've given up on the communication. It's at the level it's going to be at. They're doing some decent things with developer updates and meet the developers blogs. The day to day communication is sparse. And my expectations regarding communication (based on experience) are very low anymore. <shrug>

This is basically all you can do. If someone/someones aren't meeting your needs/expectations, drop some of your needs/expectations.

This is basically all you can do. If someone/someones aren't meeting your needs/expectations, drop some of your needs/expectations.

To hell with that. I just make it clear where exactly they fall short of entirely reasonable expectations I have, based on what does get shiny yellow show-on-the-dev-tracker BW love as opposed to what hasn't.

To hell with that. I just make it clear where exactly they fall short of entirely reasonable expectations I have, based on what does get shiny yellow show-on-the-dev-tracker BW love as opposed to what hasn't.

Eh, I know what we're talking about here and while I'm on your side, I also believe that they'll tell us things when we can be told about them. You've seen the hell raised when they announce something and it blows up, and they have to remove or delay it. Best not give a time frame until it's just short of set in stone.

Eh, I know what we're talking about here and while I'm on your side, I also believe that they'll tell us things when we can be told about them. You've seen the hell raised when they announce something and it blows up, and they have to remove or delay it. Best not give a time frame until it's just short of set in stone.

When it comes to game content, I agree with you. But... I'm at a loss as to why it's so hard to do the Companions 101 blog. It was one of the few things I went to the site for.

Eh, I know what we're talking about here and while I'm on your side, I also believe that they'll tell us things when we can be told about them.

They can tell us about it right now if they choose to. They post things every day. They have access to the forum and the physical capacity to post to it. That's can. "May not' is something else entirely. I have asked about this, and they still don't say anything about that. So I conclude that they won't until it is explained to be otherwise.

We know they have information. They dodge saying so (in the few occasions they have deigned to speak to these issues at all, as "we have no new information to share at this time." I don't believe that nuance is accidental.

You've seen the hell raised when they announce something and it blows up, and they have to remove or delay it. Best not give a time frame until it's just short of set in stone.

We have been given a timeframe (but not on these forums), just nothing at all, ever, on how the content is being approached which would help those trying to plan for it to know how to play. They can tell us, but they don't. At this point it seems malicious. Benefit of the doubt and good behavior have never gotten anyone anywhere with this. I see no reason to continue to extend it at this point, at all.

Sincere question... how to you know your resonable expectations are actually reasonable? What measure are you using to establish that? Have you gained concensus from Bioware staff on said measures?

They are not going to tell us everything, ever. In fact they are the ones that decide what they disclose, when, and how. Not any of us. Which brings us back to self-management of personal expectations (as was suggested).

I'm not picking at you.. I am simply stating the facts about communications and information disclosure in the modern world of business-2-consumer.

Benefit of the doubt and good behavior have never gotten anyone anywhere with this. I see no reason to continue to extend it at this point, at all.

I do not actually agree with your statement... but, regardless, bad behavior is not going to get you what you want either.

Sincere question... how to you know your resonable expectations are actually reasonable? What measure are you using to establish that? Have you gained concensus from Bioware staff on said measures?

They are not going to tell us everything, ever. In fact they are the ones that decide what they disclose, when, and how. Not any of us. Which brings us back to self-management of personal expectations (as was suggested).

I'm not picking at you.. I am simply stating the facts about communications and information disclosure in the modern world of business-2-consumer.

Reasonable is an opinion, nothing more. It is not an objective measure and as such will vary from person to person to some degree. Given a large enough consensus you could come to some general agreement perhaps, but never an absolute. Which means you alone (or you and the Bioware staff) are not qualified to judge what is reasonable.

Point is, you are fond of saying lower your expectations. Okay. They're lowered. Then again, I don't expect much from the drunk on the corner either.

Point is, you are fond of saying lower your expectations.

More correctly I encourage people to self-manage their expectations in accordance with reality. And I say it because at the end of the day, missed expectations are self-inflicted. Nobody can set an expecation within you unless you consent to and accept said expectation. They can offer, but only you can accept and install an expectation within yourself. It's why human beings can reason and have free will of thought and feeling.

Edited by Andryah

More correctly I encourage people to self-manage their expectations in accordance with reality. And I say it because at the end of the day, missed expectations are self-inflicted. Nobody can set an expecation within you unless you consent to and accept said expectation. They can offer, but only you can accept and install an expectation within yourself. It's why human beings can reason and have free will of thought and feeling.

"Self-manage their expectations"?? Really?? Pseudo-philosophical claptrap that completely slides past the point that the communication on certain issues, such as SGRAs, has been abysmal. And what's worse, it's so consistently abysmal that I don't anticipate much, if any, improvement.

"Self-manage their expectations"?? Really?? Pseudo-philosophical claptrap that completely slides past the point that the communication on certain issues, such as SGRAs, has been abysmal. And what's worse, it's so consistently abysmal that I don't anticipate much, if any, improvement.

Actually it's a fundamental component in the field of psychology, a well established arm of behavioral science & treatment, not Pseudo-philosophical claptrap.

Edited by Andryah

Actually it's a fundamental component in the field of psychology, a well established arm of behavioral science & treatment, not Pseudo-philosophical claptrap.

Are you trained in the field of psychology and qualified to help people "self-manage their expectations"? If so, I'll retract my characterization.

Let me clarify. I like this game. I play it a lot when I'm home. I am actually a fan of the developer updates they've been releasing and would like to see more of them. I am not a fan of the way they have consistently avoided any communication on the subject of SGRAs. However, at this point, they've been so consistant that I don't expect any better. My respect for their willingness to communicate on the issue is nil. That would be adjusting my expectations to fit reality, you see.

those "high expectations" sold the 2.5 mio boxes,,Daves space mmo from DaveArts would prolly only

have sold around 500k,,did BW sell all those boxes "by accident"?,,no,,did they hype it?,, yes

and thats the problem,,this IS like Dave would have made it

Edited by simplius