They listened to my idea?! HP added to training dummy! YES

This seems like the obvious solution. It wouldn't kill you before the next server downtime. (Doesn't help saber reflect, but I don't know that we want that in a parse.)

Still, I'm not sure what to think of a dummy that attacks you. It would e.g. increase sentinel dps as well (rebuke damage and extra focus) with full uptime on being attacked, which is unrealistic as well. More options are nice, as long as it's an extra option, not automatically packaged in with the armor debuff and million HP.

Simple solution would be to bring a healer with you to your ship. Alternately, for actual Ops group tests, they could make these useable on the Ziost/Gav dummies.

This seems like the obvious solution. It wouldn't kill you before the next server downtime. (Doesn't help saber reflect, but I don't know that we want that in a parse.)

Still, I'm not sure what to think of a dummy that attacks you. It would e.g. increase sentinel dps as well (rebuke damage and extra focus) with full uptime on being attacked, which is unrealistic as well. More options are nice, as long as it's an extra option, not automatically packaged in with the armor debuff and million HP.

Or, the attack always misses, but can still proc things like Heat Screen, Revenge, Riposte etc.

Sorry - rookie questions...

1. Where do you get this new dummy?

2. Can you measure dps by just killing it down over a certain time I guess (1 million hp?)

3. Is there any way to measure healing amounts?

I do not have a parser so would like to test a few of my friends characters rotations as we are starting to embark on some high level operations...

Thanks in advance

Ah fair point! In that regard it will help Marauders/Sentinels as well since they will have an increased generation of rage as well.

But marauders shouldn't be getting hit, so that's not a consideration for them. It's just a problem for tanks that are getting hit in the raids too, but can't simulate that on the dummy.

But marauders shouldn't be getting hit, so that's not a consideration for them. It's just a problem for tanks that are getting hit in the raids too, but can't simulate that on the dummy.

DPS get hit with stuff all the time, you can't reasonably expect every DPS in an Ops group to never get hit by anything.

There is some unavoidable damage in raids, people get hit even if you are extremely careful.

There is some unavoidable damage in raids, people get hit even if you are extremely careful.

"Some unavoidable" is not the same as "constantly getting attacked". A Dummy for tanks would be attacking every 1.5 second or so, and you should be getting hit far less than that.

"Some unavoidable" is not the same as "constantly getting attacked". A Dummy for tanks would be attacking every 1.5 second or so, and you should be getting hit far less than that.

Yes, but getting hit as a marauder builds fury with every hit, and this happens very often. Plus, some fights do have DPS getting almost constantly attacked, like in Bestia, where the DPS have to kill the tentacles and larva and the tanks can't tank them.