Meetra Surik(The Exile) Cooler than revan IMO

Vektarulz

I'd ask what video... But dont want to get you rebanned XD

While I've got you here, im looking to write a new fanfiction... I had done one previously, about Brianna being haunted by visions of Visas, but i stopped early, due to not having the time, would it work with the Kaggath and the tournaments on the forums or should i wait until they are finished?

So much for contributing to the quality of a thread and remaining on topic....

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KOTOR 2 is a better game than kotor 1. KOTOR 2 is what made revan so cool, not the first game. Its sad to see the exile being killed off in a really bad book and revan being turned into a loot pinata but thats EA for you. Hopefully obsidions new star wars rpg comes out soon. They have an interesting take on star wars; a unique one.

KOTOR 2 is a better game than kotor 1. KOTOR 2 is what made revan so cool, not the first game. Its sad to see the exile being killed off in a really bad book and revan being turned into a loot pinata but thats EA for you. Hopefully obsidions new star wars rpg comes out soon. They have an interesting take on star wars; a unique one.

Hope so. Hoping for them to realize their potencial, unlike KOTOR2.

What Surik managed to do for the Jedi Order was one of the biggest defining moments of the Old Sith Wars, she had basically hit the reset button for the Order, she had wiped out any remaining threats to the order, laid the foundations of a new order, redeemed who she could, and finally put the Order back where it was meant to be and then gave the Order three crucial centuries to rebuild and unknowingly prepare for the biggest war yet.

Yep Meetra did what Luke did after episode 6.Basically at the end of Kotor 2 the jedi don't exist.There are maybe 3 or 4 jedi in the entire galaxy. Sion and Nihilus did a better job then Sidious.

What i would like to see in swtor is more Sith Triumvirate references.Except the 1 time that it is mentioned by Scourge and ''The Entity'' in the warrior storyline ,there is nothing as far as i know.Malak is mentioned too much,Kotor 2 stuff almost nothing.

Edited by Kaedusz

Malak is mentioned too much,Kotor 2 stuff almost nothing.

Theres a simple explanation for that: Pathetic jealousy on biowares part. Obsidion made KOTOR 2 and they don't want to reference it at all if they can unless absolutely necessary, or if they can make money off it(nihilus mask cartel market).

Yep Meetra did what Luke did after episode 6.Basically at the end of Kotor 2 the jedi don't exist.There are maybe 3 or 4 jedi in the entire galaxy. Sion and Nihilus did a better job then Sidious.

Actualy that isnt realy clear. Its only assumption. The only certainty is the jedi council is gone save for artis.

In the book "Revan" bastilla was alive, and i dare say jolee and countless of other jedi, vandar possibly?

I know the game makes the impression that she is the last jedi, but it isnt so, actualy it isnt even quite plausible to begin with.

Besides the galaxy is quite a big place for them to hide. And coruscant seemed quite safe during that sith war

Edited by Spartanik

In the book "Revan" bastilla was alive, and i dare say jolee and countless of other jedi, vandar possibly?

The events you talk about in the first few chapters of the book are 2 or 3 years before Kotor 2 and the First Jedi Purge has not begun yet.

Edited by Kaedusz

The events you talk about in the first few chapters of the book are 2 or 3 years before Kotor 2 and the First Jedi Purge has not begun yet.

The first chapter, with Revan and canderous is before that. However

The last chapters is way after the events on kotor2.

did you miss surik meeting bastila, and take the mask from her as well the hologram from revan son, just after she left after Revan to dromund kass? she did meet bastilla after all after the events of KOTOR2 and the jedi order is mentioned.

Also I dont recall Atris being slain in the game as the canon is light side so theres that.

There is no mention of other jedi like vandar and bindo, or juahnni, but the book cleary mention the jedi order standing and kicking after surik left after Revan.

Its quite plausible that plenty of jedi escaped this purges. It makes sense. what surik realy did was to end the threat of the sith triumvirate, while the jedi where in exile, and if i recall in KOTOR2 they mention quite often that the jedi where in hiding biding their time, in waiting for the real threat to reveal it self.

They never said all jedi are gone.

Edited by Spartanik

did you miss surik meeting bastila, and take the mask from her as well the hologram from revan son, just after she left after Revan to dromund kass? she did meet bastilla after all after the events of KOTOR2 and the jedi order is mentioned.

So?

At the most a dozen jedi remain at the end of Kotor 2 in the entire Galaxy of which maybe more than half,at least half are trained by Meetra or influenced by her in a way without which they would be stay neutralised.

By the way you keep mentioning Vandar.As far as i remember he died on Katarr along with most of the jedi masters and many other ordinarry jedi.And the last 3 masters were killed by Kreia at the restored jedi enclave cutscene in kotor 2.Combine this with Sion's killings and those of his assassins and that at the end of the Jedi Civil War the jedi were 100 at the most(which means the triumvirate was just cleaning up after Malak and Revan) , if it was not for Meetra the Order would be finished for a very long time,the same way it was with Luke.Which was my original point.

Bindo most propably died of old age and Juhani i would consider dead ,either by Sion/his assassins or on Katarr by Nihilus.

Edited by Kaedusz

The first chapter, with Revan and canderous is before that. However

The last chapters is way after the events on kotor2.

Also I dont recall Atris being slain in the game as the canon is light side so theres that.

There is no mention of other jedi like vandar and bindo, or juahnni, but the book cleary mention the jedi order standing and kicking after surik left after Revan.

Its quite plausible that plenty of jedi escaped this purges. It makes sense. what surik realy did was to end the threat of the sith triumvirate, while the jedi where in exile, and if i recall in KOTOR2 they mention quite often that the jedi where in hiding biding their time, in waiting for the real threat to reveal it self.

even if atris is alive she isnt even a jedi anymore and shes in no position to teach anyone.

So?

At the most a dozen jedi remain at the end of Kotor 2 in the entire Galaxy of which maybe more than half,at least half are trained by Meetra or influenced by her in a way without which they would be stay neutralised.

By the way you keep mentioning Vandar.As far as i remember he died on Katarr along with most of the jedi masters and many other ordinarry jedi.And the last 3 masters were killed by Kreia at the restored jedi enclave cutscene in kotor 2.Combine this with Sion's killings and those of his assassins and that at the end of the Jedi Civil War the jedi were 100 at the most(which means the triumvirate was just cleaning up after Malak and Revan) , if it was not for Meetra the Order would be finished for a very long time,the same way it was with Luke.Which was my original point.

Bindo most propably died of old age and Juhani i would consider dead ,either by Sion/his assassins or on Katarr by Nihilus.

You consider you supose? there is nothing on the lore about surik training, and forming a jedi academy, specialy if shes dead at the hands of scourge, but whataver. Bindo, juuhani dead why? Bastilla didnt die in the purges. There were other people in much better position then her to rebuild the jedi order.

At the time she meet bastilla, the impression i got is the jedi order is standing at that she is part of it, nothing else.

About atris, i disagree the canon is the light side one, so wouldnt she be redeemed after the meeting with surik on telos, didnt her knowladge be crucial in rebuilding the jedi order!? At least the stuff she hoard it.

In my opinion what surik was crucial for, was ending a threat to the galaxy and the jedi order, their pupils and friends would no doubt be part in rebuilding the jedi order, specialy Mical, but i doubt they would be alone.

In this game bastilla is knowned of being a reveared jedi master, i would assume she had a part in rebuilding the order too. ( play consular story)

Edited by Spartanik

there is nothing on the lore about surik training, and forming a jedi academy, specialy if shes dead at the hands of scourge, but whataver

Why so literal in your thinking ?

No1 ever said she created a jedi academy.All i said was she was essential to the survival of the jedi and their continuation.Both by destroying the triumvirate and by training the jedi that would recreate the destroyed order.This is established.I don't know what are you doing right now.Do you hate Kotor 2 or something?

Also would like to mention that her influence spreads in the jedi order itself with new progressive ways through those which she trained.The Jedi Order before the purge was decadent,ultra-censervative and ineffective.

Bastilla didnt die in the purges

...so? i though that was goes without saying

There were other people in much better position then her to rebuild the jedi order.

yes, the jedi Meetra Surik trained.Yes Bastilla no daubt too had part in it and maybe 2 or 3 others,but Meetra Surik and her entourage is the catalyst.

Edited by Kaedusz

Atris is dead, even if you spare her, she enters the room with the Sith holocron's which then kill her for failing, so lightside canon or no she dies. Bastilla is alive, but is hiding presumably to protect her and Revan's child.

There are some Jedi alive, but they are in hiding, it's not until the Exiles comrades start rebuilding the order that they reappear, which says alot about the quality of those Jedi.

Those Jedi waiting for the real threat to appear where morons, if they had gotten organised, joined up with the Republic fleet, they could have defeated most of the Sith Triumvirate themselves, and kept force sensitives away from Darth Nihilus until he starved, them focused on finding the real threat even as the republic rebuilt.

Personally I think the Exile was at least the equal to Revan, she never had to turn to the darkside to get her power.

Atris is dead, even if you spare her, she enters the room with the Sith holocron's which then kill her for failing, so lightside canon or no she dies.
:rolleyes: off course the holocrons did it.... they did not.

To be honest i never said surik wasnt important, but what luke did was a completely diferent thing imo.

Those Jedi waiting for the real threat to appear where morons, if they had gotten organised, joined up with the Republic fleet, they could have defeated most of the Sith Triumvirate themselves, and kept force sensitives away from Darth Nihilus until he starved, them focused on finding the real threat even as the republic rebuilt.

Ah that is so debatable... specialy where there was a real sith empire out there pulling the strings on oh so manny things. If you remember what the jedi masters said Nihilius, sion wasnt the biger issue, the sith empire laying on the shadows were, they felt it and revan Knew it too.

surik basicaly was compeled to face her own demons from her past ,the events on malachor 5 that shape her and the triumvirate a like.

The threat of the triumvirate wich was a real one, was still not very clear to the republic, as it was a conflic mainly bewteen fallen jedi and jedi a like, if the full republic had been made aware of the triumvirate and the academy of malachor 5 etc, i belive they had the strengh to overcome it in time, at least military. The remaining jedi wouldnt be idle by when the triumvirate would come for them anyway. I belive that was a task only surik could do not only because she was a wound in the force, but because her wound was connected to this specific events on her past and at her present alike.

Edited by Spartanik

I completely agree that Revan is sooo over-worshipped. That story was just ...meh.

In my opinion the Exile is and always was the more interesting character and KotOR2 is by far the more interesting story.

The story of TSL was more interesting, but the character of Revan is much more interesting than the character of the Exile. Part of what made TSL fascinating was exploring Revan's backstory and piecing together why he turned and what his motives were.

The Exile was really never more than a spectator to Revan's story. She was just one of his generals, the one who didn't follow him and instead returned to the Jedi because she couldn't handle the monumental consequences of her actions and instead cut herself off from the Force and wandered away.

Revan was something akin to Alexander the Great, a unifying conqueror who wasn't just some pillaging warlord, but instead someone with a grand vision. He was never really a Jedi, and never truly a Sith either. He left the Jedi behind when they wouldn't fight for what he saw to be a just cause, and then he later left the Republic behind because he didn't think it could stand up to the Sith Empire. In all, a far more interesting character than the Exile, who really did nothing more than just man up and face her demons, then kill Traya for good measure.

EDIT: So much of Star Wars has people "turning to the Dark Side" and becoming cackling egomaniacs with no sense of proportion or realistic goals other than "destroy the Jedi" or "conquer the galaxy" or "become so powerful, no one will stand against me!". But these are not the kinds of emotions that resonate with people, or make sense for most characters to experience.

What makes characters like Revan more vibrant is that they abandon the Jedi for complex reasons and are driven by realistic motives and desires.

Edited by Ventessel

What makes characters like Revan more vibrant is that they abandon the Jedi for complex reasons and are driven by realistic motives and desires.

Except he didn't, he turned to the Dark Side because the Emperor took control of his mind, like Alek's.

Edited by LadyKulvax

Except he didn't, he turned to the Dark Side because the Emperor took control of his mind, like Alek's.

That's quite debatable. He had already been flirting with the Dark Side for a long time before that, exploring the sites of the Star Maps and poking around in Sith Tombs on Korriban. Not to mention the Trayus Academy, although BioWare is no doubt trying to retcon that into oblivion.

When he returned to the Republic, it seemed that his plan was to unite the galaxy and build a military power capable of defeating the Sith Empire of Vitiate. It doesn't seem like his mind was dominated so much as he recognized the threat that Vitiate posed and went about preparing to destroy it.

The vibe that BioWare seems to give off with Vitiate is a little stale. Token attempts to build up their pet villain to unheard of levels of power, etc.

Edited by Ventessel

The vibe that BioWare seems to give off with Vitiate is a little stale. Token attempts to build up their pet villain to unheard of levels of power, etc.

They have done that at the expense of both of the original games, I remember Hall Hood claiming the Jedi Civil War was 'a small civil war most of the galaxy never saw'.

Edited by LadyKulvax

They have done that at the expense of both of the original games, I remember Hall Hood claiming the Jedi Civil War was 'a small civil war most of the galaxy never saw'.

Eh, that might just be character perspective. I can't see how a war that crippled the Republic and brought a third of the galaxy under Revan's control was a "small civil war". They certainly made a huge deal out of Taris and the Rakghouls. There is a rather annoying theme running through many storylines that seems to de-emphasize a lot of the original concepts, or tweak them in different directions. Some of the Rakatan ruins have been interesting, however.

I dislike how many things feel recycled, however. The Foundry? Come on, the Star Forge was supposed to be some kind of unique and powerful construction. Apparently the galaxy is littered with magical factories.

Malgus? Hey, didn't some guy before you have exactly the same injury? Did you just steal Malak's gig because you were bored, or couldn't afford surgery?

Satele is almost identical to Bastila, except that her lightsaber is blue and instead of being a vital asset to the Republic she's... useless.

Oh, look, the Clone Troopers showed up three thousand years early. And Vitiate invented Star Destroyers! I swear, the next expansion pack will have the Death Star... but shaped like an oblate spheroid!

• 4 years later...
I want a Meetra Surik expansion story line we got 4 on revan (two flashpoints one for both sides then forged alliance and finally shadow of revan) but nothing but a small *** cameo in one does bioware not even no the only reason the jedi exist is because of her, literally all the jedi in the mmo stem from her padawna's they alone rebuilt the order so all jedi today only exist because she singly handily rebuilt a new counsel to continue on. Does Bioware even know this of course they dont beauce why bother with somthing that was not made by them also the lack of Darth Traya is also annoying shes a big deal in universe but not to Bioware.