How to build a perfect Carnage Marauder on a Fresh 50

Megatfx

Yeah, as a marauder it's a little painful to stock up comms while still in recruit gear. It just depends on how much you play. If you play a lot, I'd recommend getting full war hero (or close to it) and then stocking up on your Warzone and Ranked Warzone comms. If PvP is what you're into, that'll put you ahead of the game when you get to 55. Just don't turn your Ranked comms back into normal comms to buy the rest of the first PvP tier.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's get back on track here. I've just hit lv 50 on my marauder a few days ago and I'm not really sure what to do now. I'm trying to decide whether I should use my comms and get lv 50 WH gear now, or wait till 2.0 comes and get the 55 WH equivalent then. The problem is, I would have to stick to recruit gear which would be bad. I've also read that the weaponmaster set effects are changing in 2.0, so if I were to get lv 50 WH gear, should I go for Weaponmaster or stick to what this thread suggested? Any input would help. TY

I would go ahead and get vindicator war hero gear. Unless you max out on ranked comms, don't spend them. I would however go ahead and buy the elite war hero power relics since they will not be around in 2.0.

alright guys, just need some quick advice here.

I made the mistake of reading this guide too late as I already have all the War hero WEAPONMASTER gear (relics, implants, and earpiece) MINUS the belt and bracers.

I didn't buy the VINDICATOR gear because I didnt realize I could rip out the mods and put em in. So my question is this:

Should I try to buy all the VINDICATOR gear now and replace my WEAPONMASTER mods or no? I have no idea when the new 2.0 patch is coming out, so I dunno what to do.

alright guys, just need some quick advice here.

I made the mistake of reading this guide too late as I already have all the War hero WEAPONMASTER gear (relics, implants, and earpiece) MINUS the belt and bracers.

I didn't buy the VINDICATOR gear because I didnt realize I could rip out the mods and put em in. So my question is this:

Should I try to buy all the VINDICATOR gear now and replace my WEAPONMASTER mods or no? I have no idea when the new 2.0 patch is coming out, so I dunno what to do.

I don't see the new patch going live before the first half of April. Not with the current bugs to the new bolster system and the need to iron out the class balance with the new skills.

When we reach 55, there will be 2 options - Either our gear will be bolstered to the expertise level of the new level 55 recruit gear, or we'll be forced to start from scratch and use the recruit set. The devs are trying to get the first option working, so it will make sense to min/max now and have a decent bolstered gear at 55 than being forced to use the new Recruit gear, full of Critical rating, Alacrity and god knows what else.

In both cases, having the max possible WZ comms and ranked WZ comms will help you to buy some 55 gear immediately and start PvP-ing on a competitive level.

Also, make sure you have enough cash and a friend who can craft the new level 9 augmentation kits and augments. Most likely their price will be sky high on the GTN before more people can gather the new crafting materials and start mass-crafting augments and selling them.

Why not pick up Biochem instead of Cybertech?

Because instead of buying grenades, you buy stims and have an infinite supply of grenades. The Exotech stim is better than the Rakata one stat wise. Not to mention, Cybertech allows you to RE old mods for molecular stabilizers and sell them for money and you should still have slicing for missions.

I'm currently playing a marauder (level 36) that I've gone back to after a long break. She is a bit of a mess and I'm seriously considering starting over, using this guide (many MANY thanks Megatfx - soooo much useful info here). Do you think this is a good idea or should I just persevere? She's currently a synthweaver but has hardly used this craft. Edited by Toxxo

I couldn't quite figure it out based on the first post of this thread, but what is the skill tree set up for a Carnage Marauder that utilizes this guide? I know there is probably a wide diversity of opinion in this domain, but some idea of what is involved in a Carnage set up would be helpful for those of us who are new to the game.

I couldn't quite figure it out based on the first post of this thread, but what is the skill tree set up for a Carnage Marauder that utilizes this guide? I know there is probably a wide diversity of opinion in this domain, but some idea of what is involved in a Carnage set up would be helpful for those of us who are new to the game.

The askmrrobot.com link in the first post also has the skill build (step 8) - just press the skill tab on the top.

I'm currently playing a marauder (level 36) that I've gone back to after a long break. She is a bit of a mess and I'm seriously considering starting over, using this guide (many MANY thanks Megatfx - soooo much useful info here). Do you think this is a good idea or should I just persevere? She's currently a synthweaver but has hardly used this craft.

if you're leel 36 you shouldn't be worried about your gear yet. just start saving your WZ comms and make sure that you have 40 valor when you hit level 40 so that you can convert WZ comms to RWZ comms. from level 40 to 50, pvp as much as needed so that you're capped on WZ and RWZ comms when you hit 50. then go to the first page of this thread and follow the advice that's been given for level 50 players

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is it still the way to go @ level 55 to buy the vindicator jugger gear & rip the mods out,

as im about to hit 55 with max coms cheers for any replies

*edit*

never mind i noticed the medium armor gets the 10 % buff after charge now

Edited by MuRf_uK

would love to see an updated version of this =P

Mega has stated in another thread (Pot5 server forum, I believe) that he has shelved his mara for good. But the basics are the same. Go with high power mods and power/surge enhancements. Because accuracy is more important, most maras/sents I know are using two maybe three power/accuracy enhancements (myself included). No crit from mods or enhancements. From another thread power or strength augs are about equal. I like power so I went with those, but if you want more crit, go with strength. Go with the mara/sent armor since you get increased UR/GbtF and the 10% extra damage.

Before 2.0 i didnt actually agree with the full power thing for carnage at all (30% crit chance was what i liked to run) but in 2.0 full power is def the way to go. I'd probably still augment str tho just for that tiny bit of extra crit and the dmg diff between that and power is very little.