Elite CZ-127 and Elite CZ-144 Droid Gear

Benfynyn

In General Discussion we've been talking about the new droid schematics bought with the Czerka rep. Here's the thread.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=673087

Specifically, how the stats on the pieces are significantly less than those of Arkanian pieces despite the fact that the droid gear carries the same armor rating as Kell Dragon pieces.

I'm posting this here so that hopefully the BW/EA team that is responsible for crafting can comment as to whether or not this is working as intended or an oversight/bug that will be later fixed.

Edited by Benfynyn

Another question would be why are there identical schematics with different names?

Elite CZ-127 Primary Core

Core

+141 Aim

+141 Endurance

+101 Power

+86 Surge

Elite CZ-127 Secondary Core

Core

+141 Aim

+141 Endurance

+101 Power

+86 Surge

Makes no sense.

Well, I'm not sure I want to buy these just to test it out but I think it might mean that you cannot equip 2 primary cores but instead one of each. I'm hoping we can get some comments from them to clarify these issues.

Right now, they are clearly a bad buy. Which is unfortunate.

Well, I'm not sure I want to buy these just to test it out but I think it might mean that you cannot equip 2 primary cores but instead one of each. I'm hoping we can get some comments from them to clarify these issues.

Right now, they are clearly a bad buy. Which is unfortunate.

I don't think this is correct. I thought they did this with a previous set where there were 2 identical pieces named primary and secondary and you could have two primaries and two secondaries. I think it's just another sign that droid gear was very poorly thought out and needs a major rework.

I don't think this is correct. I thought they did this with a previous set where there were 2 identical pieces named primary and secondary and you could have two primaries and two secondaries. I think it's just another sign that droid gear was very poorly thought out and needs a major rework.

Sigh. Of course you're probably right on that. Just sloppy work in general. I was looking at the older droid gear, the new stuff that came out with Makeb, and the two tiers they introduced with CZ-198 and it seems like it's following its own progression model.

I too am very disappointed by the Elite CZ-127, i bought all the schematics and made them, but the stats are only marginal better (except for armor rating) then the purple 66 armor, mods and enhancements I had crafted.

I feel like BW cheated me out of a million credits + 8* 8 Beryllius and 8 Isotobe 5, not counted the Augmentation kits used :(

Still hoping for a comment from BW/EA as to whether or not these stats are an error or working as intended. To reiterate; these droids parts have the Armor rating associated with Kell Dragon gear but stats that are worse than Arkanian and that's arguably an error.

With all the gold posts over the last few days it would be nice to see some love for Crew Skills and specifically in this case the Cybertechs.

Those new Droid pieces are so bad that no one wants to buy them.

They currently cost less than 400k on the GTN on my server., when the materials alone are worth 350k.

And they don't sell!

People won't even trade them for mats. It's "not worth", they say... :mad:

Edited by Sindariel

With new Dread Forged PvE armor (rating 180) now on PTS, and likely coming out when 2.4 hits live, it's only a matter of time before 75 Mods with Rating 174 are available for crafting. It would be nice if they could fix the stats distribution on the droid gear at the same time (since the equivalent mods will be available anyway). Then maybe it will be worth buying these schematics.

It would be nice if they could fix the stats distribution on the droid gear at the same time (since the equivalent mods will be available anyway).

3 points:

• BW/EA will not admit they made mistake; if the mistake is popular they will claim working as intended, if it's unpopular they will remain silent.
  • Crafted gear (anything un-modable) has always had poorer stat distribution than modable gear, e.g., crafted armortech and synthweaving pieces vs. cybertech armoring/mods. The crafted droid gear is no exception.
  • They're not going to fix it.

If like me you bought these schems without doing the math and comparing them to level 66 or 69 mods, then you were as foolish as I was. Worse I should have known better because the math on the "artifact" armormech and sythweaving schems were a joke compared to the better-than-arkanian artifact ears and implants - which are now being given away for free with the weeklies on Czerka (and subsequently destroying the artifact ear and implant market, but that's another rant entirely).

If like me you bought these schems without doing the math and comparing them to level 66 or 69 mods, then you were as foolish as I was. Worse I should have known better because the math on the "artifact" armormech and sythweaving schems were a joke compared to the better-than-arkanian artifact ears and implants - which are now being given away for free with the weeklies on Czerka (and subsequently destroying the artifact ear and implant market, but that's another rant entirely).

Nope, I was not like you in that I didn't purchase these schematics in advance of comparing the stats.

3 points:

• BW/EA will not admit they made mistake; if the mistake is popular they will claim working as intended, if it's unpopular they will remain silent.
  • Crafted gear (anything un-modable) has always had poorer stat distribution than modable gear, e.g., crafted armortech and synthweaving pieces vs. cybertech armoring/mods. The crafted droid gear is no exception.
  • They're not going to fix it.

As for the first and third point that's for BW/EA to decide. It looks to be an obvious error but whether they'll admit to that and fix it is entirely on them. Nothing I can do about that but ask for clarification. If they want to come out and say "Working as intended" again that's up to them.

As for the second point droid gear was the exception. When they added the Mandalorian War Droid and Assassin Droid gear their stats (and rating) were arguably better than the available comms gear at the time. So the current droid gear, made from schematics bought with comms, is a departure from how they have implemented the same previously.

Assassin Droid DT-12 Core

Binds on Equip

Core, Slot 67

945 Armor (Rating 154)

Durability: 120/120

Total Stats:

+127 Aim

+105 Endurance

+64 Accuracy Rating

+56 Power

Hazmat Boltblaster's MK-3 Chestguard

Binds on Pickup

Chest, Slot 67

921 Armor (Rating 150)

Total Stats:

+104 Aim

+168 Endurance

+58 Power

+60 Accuracy Rating

Whats sad, is I knew form the start these would be some what like the ones before , i will buy the Schematic but not why you all do it , to me i can stil gear all pets better in moded custom gear, and untill i see better,which will never happen unless they make it so we can't mode pet gear ,i wil buy the Schematic only because i like to cellect Schematic and the only real useable schematic to me wil be those from raid gear , untill the day they don't let us make raid gear of some kind ,i will make it and gear my pets in it and buy any all schemaitc i can as i go worhless or not .

I do raid and enjoy it very much but also like crating gear, making the next to best gear is great, atm, and no one seems to be complaing . :) ...

SO, if anyone wants some made im on the JC Server , Pst me on the forums and i will give you my toons name,i would rather not tell who iam on the forums ... :) for Driod armor , all i need is mats no tips in fact you will get back any tips i get .. I never take tips . unless you keep givnig it to me, then i only take them, to not be rude . dont beve me,well then dont know what to say other then : pst me and find out , i do it that way for any thing, all wys have, all ways will, including relic, but haven't had much luck reing relics .

CYa

Edited by tanktest

Nope, I was not like you in that I didn't purchase these schematics in advance of comparing the stats.

As for the first and third point that's for BW/EA to decide. It looks to be an obvious error but whether they'll admit to that and fix it is entirely on them. Nothing I can do about that but ask for clarification. If they want to come out and say "Working as intended" again that's up to them.

As for the second point droid gear was the exception. When they added the Mandalorian War Droid and Assassin Droid gear their stats (and rating) were arguably better than the available comms gear at the time. So the current droid gear, made from schematics bought with comms, is a departure from how they have implemented the same previously.

Assassin Droid DT-12 Core

Binds on Equip

Core, Slot 67

945 Armor (Rating 154)

Total Stats:

+127 Aim

+105 Endurance

+64 Accuracy Rating

+56 Power

Hazmat Boltblaster's MK-3 Chestguard

Binds on Pickup

Chest, Slot 67

921 Armor (Rating 150)

Total Stats:

+104 Aim

+168 Endurance

+58 Power

+60 Accuracy Rating

atm that might be true but after the 2.4 patch it will not be as far as droid armor goes .. driod will allwys be just below the bis in till the next set etc . i mean is it may seem like driod armor is better at the time but is it really because of mats etc , you can just buy the mods no cost to some extent just run raids and farrm comms, to me the mats, can be better used .

Edited by tanktest

• 4 weeks later...
Ok so I noticed with the new update I can not seem to find Isotope-5 on any vendors. Whats with that I can't even craft the CZ droid armor because i cant find any isotop5? Anyone know where to get this stuff anymore or is it even worth buying this stuff anymore since it seems to be a waste of time to craft anything anymore since bio-ware is screwing over every craftier out there