"Armors" Really ? BIOWARE

Uludelu

I don't know what you smoke or drugs you takes people but stop it !!!

You're making ugly stuff that looks like real **** !

And most important, Stop the copy/past of the armors and weapons !!!

You have no creativity at all !

Edited by Uludelu

I don't know you smoke or drugs you takes people but stop it !!!

Sadly, a growing majority of the playerbase is completely satisfied with "oats that have already been through the horse".

Fear not, they will be along shortly to tell you how wrong your opinion is.

Sadly, a growing majority of the playerbase is completely satisfied with "oats that have already been through the horse".

Yes, but those guys are keeping this game alive by buying that crap from the CM :D

I am quite satisfied with several of the new armors and I'm going to buy quite a few of them. Whether I'll actually wear them is a different question.

I am glad there is so much diversity in armor design, though there are still some items missing that I'm craving for.

In my opinion, it's a good thing to finally have an adaptive version of a good-looking armor that is already in the game.

Heh. The armors have been getting better IMO. Take a look back at some of the armors released a few packs ago and you will see what I mean. I'm happy to see the progress and think this packs armors are actually quite good.

Oh look. Someone doesn't agree and thinks we eat oats. Lol! Bacon... that is what I eat and it tastes good IMO.

Not all of its that bad.. though they do seem to like re-using the same sets all the time and just change the colors (Which we can now do ourselves thanks to dyes) Would like to see some more traditional SW looking armors/clothes in SWTOR like used in the original movies (Sure those wont happen for 1000's of years) but these ridiculous "Over-the-top" designs for end game stuff are mostly just plain silly looking.

I don't know what you smoke or drugs you takes people but stop it !!!

Well, since you didn't specify what you didn't like, I'll just have to assume you didn't like anything in the new pack.

And that means I don't care about your opinion.

Because if you cannot fathom that the "common" stuff will always be armour sets that have been altered from their originals and that new weapons always come in "groups" with each new pack, then there is no use in trying to reason with you.

And I assume you consider the Zayne Carrick and Naga Sadow sets "new" either, which just confirms that you are on some sort of blind rage rant because you didn't happen to find something you liked in this pack.

Not all of its that bad.. though they do seem to like re-using the same sets all the time and just change the colors (Which we can now do ourselves thanks to dyes) Would like to see some more traditional SW looking armors/clothes in SWTOR like used in the original movies (Sure those wont happen for 1000's of years) but these ridiculous "Over-the-top" designs for end game stuff are mostly just plain silly looking.

Actually, if you look carefully, the sets that are released with different colours are actually also differently patterned so if you colour them both with an identical dye they will still look different. (unless it's a white/white or black/black dye of course)

I have no idea why people continue to be surprised by the fact that they are releasing adaptive versions of sets which were already in the game or that sets/items within a particular shipment of packs tend to be related. They solicited feedback a long time ago for what sets in the game we wanted to see made into adaptive sets. They made it abundantly clear that they were going to do this. While you might not have any interest in the Aspiring Knight's armor, for instance, that has always been a very popular set that a lot of people wanted as an adaptive armor version. The craftable in-game version is medium armor and can only be worn by 1/4 of the Jedi ACs - the Sentinel (although technically a Guardian could wear it if they wanted to gimp themselves with medium armor). As for the Shipments, it's been ridiculously obvious since the beginning of the CM that each Shipment has related items and themes. For example, there are usually pets, mounts, weapons that are similar design but different color or some other slight modification. I have no idea why people get so freaking melodramatic about this. We're now on Shipment 4 for the CM packs and this is the well-established pattern. If you think you're going to get 100 new things in every pack that are completely original and look like nothing else in the game, then you're being completely unrealistic.

Compared to endgame armors at launch, these look nice.

Now, I happen to think some of the most recent armors are ugly (like the Kuat rep armor) put that is nothing compared to endgame armors at launch.

I would really like to know what kind of stuff the guy who created those was smoking and what the guy who approved those was smoking as well.

Either that or Bioware was really taking that "let's follow WoW" thing a bit literally.

Sure, new stuff is nice, but petulant rants like the OP are pointless, aside from venting.

There are always some packs I find some armors I don't like but then there is some in the next pack that I do like. When I find a pack there is nothing I particularly care for (notice my opinion) I simply don't buy anything and wait for the next pack.

They are not always going to put things in each pack that everyone will like. I just look at it and say well that is more money I can save (either CC or credits) for something else later.

Absolutely mad about casual combatant's set. One of the early Tython (green) sets I always wanted moddable. Light, unhooded Jedi robes. They finally put them in and males get exposed bellies in them.

Makes you wonder what the thought process was behind that one.

Personally, I have to disagree with the OP -- armor designs have gotten a lot better since the beginning. Sure, there are still armors out there with a tube or ugly arm guards too many, but there are also now a lot of nice looking armor sets out there. And thanks to the great collections system, my Alts can now look exactly how I want them to look, without having to use the wrong armor type just for the looks. :)

The only exception there is still the Jedi Consular; all armors for them are still way too elaborate for my taste. How about something plain, without bells, whistles, ornaments and ridiculous hats? Something long-sleeved with and without a hood?

Also, it would be nice if they could finally add a republic officer uniform to the Cartel Market; it's quite tedious to have to do these boring space missions over and over again, just to buy a similar looking piece of armor (-> civilian pilot)...

Edited by dermitni