So did they basically nerf all crafting in this patch?

Thraka

They keep forgetting crafting repeatedly.

ps. I agree that BiS gear should not be able to be crafted or purchased.

i don't agree we should be able to buy it , craft it no i do agree there .. all MMO i have ever played you can buy bis gear with out raiding but have to work for it that includes WoW , RIFT and EQ .. but you also still have to raid like here for some gear which is fine . but in wow set bonuses can be had without raiding . which like here you can't unless you raid . weapons like WOW you had to raid for like here well MH here any way . I do hope that stays how it is ..

you can buy some hard mode gear in wow with there version of coms or could before i stopped playing like here . but if you wanted the good stuff like here you had to raid for it .

and the fact you can't buy one set of gear and again i hope that stays how it should be enough to please everyone ( NIM gear ) .

you can iqnore that fact or say diff but it is plan as day it much better here and the way gear works atm is best for all of us ..

They keep forgetting crafting repeatedly.

Crafting was not forgotten if it was 2.4 would have went live and Jessy could not have said nothing on the PTS forums.

they should gave us a time line for crafting now that is needed . and stick to it .

Edited by tanktest

The only thing that raiding should give you is tokens/comms or w/e for set bonus pieces. The last game with any real crafting was SWG. Here, quite frankly, a 4 year old can figure it out. As far as Armorings and Mods go from end game crafting, their sales have been marginal because they can be gotten via comms. However, not one of the "ideal' enhancements can be gotten that way. From a DPS perspective, you cannot get one Initiative enhancement or Adept from a non raid piece of gear.

What they should have done is move the 75s to the Ultimate Vendor, put the 78s on the Kell Dragon Vendor, then made Kell Dragon Craftable.

Although, they really have the opportunity to revamp crafting, by doing a couple things. They could switch the raids to getting comms for set bonuses, allow crafters to craft the modifications, move armorings to Armormech, enhancements to synthweaving (this balances the professions) with reliable money makers. You'd have to rearrange augments and allow everyone to make kits, but completely doable and not game changing in the least.

You still give the raiders preference by having said schematics drop in raids and have other things drop like weapons skins or enhancers that give greater damage more protection and of course vehicles and other vanity items.

Edited by Lowyjowylof

I personally beleave they should absolutely allow you to make BIS gear, instead of having to rely on level 55 artifact quality gear, which not many can make at all (level 68 stat ranges)

Still working on Armormech, so not sure how high of stat level the 55 arts can get up to, but as far as weapons, and so fourth, not many issues at all.

But ultimately, this hurts HM OPS more than helps them. Forcing higher level players to go through HM OPs which even with maxed out modded armors, are inferior to the battle unless they want to constantly die over and over and over and over and over again and healers that cannot take even a second off from looking at their screen, it hurts the game more than helps it. You simply just will not and do not have that dramatic/that much of a hardcore player base.

But really all this stuff does, is make HMS easier the more you grind them. Like I discovered with my assassin. For PVP. Your gear stats higher than 72. Are reduced down. Only in PVE do you really see the benefits. But at that point, if you're happier and have more fun doing raids with friends and guild members in the normal FPs and fight in PvP more often. It really just makes the hm grinding for gear pointless. Since none of the him gear benefits can be utilized outside of pve.

Unless you truly prefer the aesthetics of the gear.

In sith fleet today it took a group of players 3 1/2 hours to get a HM going. I had fought I n at least 14 pvps and two FPs before they finally got a full group. Because they required BIS outfitted players. Players still ended up quitting that hm because their medics were crap. Almost 4 hours wasted for nothing.

But they have to have their PVE only benefit gear. That really doesn't look very good IMHO.

Edited by benovide

We have all ways been able to get bis with coms , that never really stopped .

To be fair unless I missed some vital information (if so, inform me please, I got comms overflowing thanks to playing tanks mainly) the most sought after Enhancements are unavailable for Commendations. For Tanks there're even no Mitigation heavy mods available. Healers come out pretty well with the ability to get unlettered mods aswell as Quick Savant (power heavy, endurance low and alacrity) on different pieces, but it's available nonetheless. DPS miss their oh so important Initiative Enhancements and Tanks really get the short end, well mitigation heavy tanks, with nothing BiS from the commendations.

On the other hand since the setbonus pieces often come with the desired enhancements I don't see why anyone would still get it crafted. Even if that's not the reason I can imagine people like being able to say "I'm full 78" not really caring if their over-all stats aren't too great. Or those Tanks that don't care about mitigation and think HP is just too sexy to not stack as high as possible.

Well to be the odd one out, I've been making more money than ever on augment kits and low-level stuff. I don't really think Bioware intended to nerf, rather forgot about crafting for a second. Nonetheless it's not correct if a low-end crafter like me is enjoying a patch whilst all the dedicated crafters suffer.

Timeout. Let's get logical for a moment:

[...]

So, everyone just take a breath.

That being said, I agree that those who can craft 31s will take a hit, but I do not think it is as severe as this thread makes it out to be.

Right, I should have been more precise in my previous post.

I know that gearing in 78 through HM FP would take forever, I'm just surprised that a FP weekly (very easy to perform, provided you find a group) would contribute to gearing in the top-end gear.

As for crafting:

I used to craft 66's. I bought the recipes from the vendors, I crafted the greens, I spent time and credit in RE and crafting until I got all purple recipes. It cost me a lot of time and materials, but was worth it. It was pure crafting.

The product of my research sold well and I made money. I expect my clients were mostly rich players that wanted to gear rerolls quiclky instead of farming basic comms (or keeping them for isotop 5 as I did)

Now with this new patch:

There is almost no need to buy crafted 66 unless you want to gear you level 53 alt (I think Oricon is level 55 only, I might be wrong though).

So the gear bought with disctinctions was bumped one level, I'm okay with it, and we should all have expected it (understand stack comms prior to the patch)

What I don't understand is that some things were not changed accordingly:

• 69 recipes not available at the vendor. The only way to get those is to farm the comms or run OPs. I used to craft to avoid farming to my clients now basically I have to farm at their place (I'm so not doing this ...).
    Moreover the cost to produce 69 and 72 is still the same (I think), so that means materials you only find in OP whereas you used to be able to craft 66 with gathering skills only. 69 and 72 are much more expensive to craft than 66.
    This is the thing I'm most unhappy of, getting recipes for good 69 mods and enhancement is a pain, it shouldn't. (I believe greens and blues 69 do not exist so they would have had to add them, probably why there is no new recipe)
  • 75 not craftable. 72 is now rather easy to get, just as easy as 69 used to be, yet we cannot RE 75 as we did for 72. This is not a big deal, as 75 as hard to get and most people will want to gear in 78 right away anyway.

This is why I believe crafting was "forgotten" in this patch.