Community "Thank You" Project. All Help Appreciated!

TrooperKorsair

- INTRO -

Hey all!

As the title says, I'm making a little thank you project from the community to bioware, and I need all the help I can get! I'm not in need of money or some other form of support, I'm in need of screenshots! I'm gonna need somewhere between 125-175 of these, do now you see my predicament!

I'm looking for any screenshots you guys can provide! Only two requirements for em! One: No UI in the screenshot (UI can be hidden with alt-Z, nameplates and fly text must manually be turned off, there may be another way to do this, not quite sure haha.) Two: Any graphics settings are fine, as long as the resolution is at least 1360x768.

These screenshots can be anything from combat shots to guild photos! Anything epic and even subtle screenshots are welcome! Spread the word to friends, guilders, anyone! I'm gonna need all the help I can get!

You can either post them here, or mail them to AcknowledgeLegion@Gmail.com

Thanks and have fun guys!

- LIST OF "DONORS" -

(If your name is not here, and you sent screenshots, either reply to the thread with your email and your name so I can match emails, or simply send another e-mail, i'll add your name promptly :))

- Lawrichai

- Scya

- Master Zarchon Greywalker

- Lurtzelo

- Azae'zel Ellisian

- Yoje

- Infidel

- Genji

- UPDATES -

UPDATE - 4.11.2013 (2)

- Already gaining a lot of support, this project is officially back on a roll guys! Spreading the word helps, so if you guys can, tell you friends, or not, that's fine too haha.

UPDATE - 4.11.2013 (1)

- Posted to Reddit in attempt to revive the project, hopefully we'll gain some support!

UPDATE - 1.24.2013

- About 3/5ths done with gathering photos, still need some large group ones, so those would be extremely helpful!

UPDATE - 1.14.2013

- Group Screenshots needed! I need four screenshots, preferably two Republic and two Empire. These screenshots are essentially large gatherings of players in one nice area for a large group photo. The only requirement is that it be taken facing the group in some way. No aerial (directly down) shots. Any "cool-looking" angles are fine as long as the group is fully visible. Largest groups will be chosen to be in the project as long as the photo is decent.

- One Empire and One Republic Photo have been submitted.

UPDATE - 1.12.2013

- Post here or just edit your post with what you wish to be refered to as when the project is released! Alternatively, you can e-mail me with your preferred name. Sorry I didn't think of this earlier.

- We're going at a good pace guys, we're at approx. 30 photos that I'll be using, it's a small number, but nevertheless, it is indeed progress! Hopefully more people will start helping out :D

Edited by TrooperKorsair

This sounds neat, so here's a "bump"!

What are you going to make with them specifically? Flat media or animated? Video or image?

Video specifically, about 5 minutes long, maybe a bit less. Going to be a compilation of images, anyone that sends any in will be credited :D

My PC processor doesn't go above 40%

AMD Athlon 2 quad-core with 8 gigs RAM and Nvidia 480 GTX 1 GB card.

I get an average of 50 fps. Even on fleet during peak hours.

Not sure why your performance sux, but can't help but wonder, what else is running in your background while you play?

I run this game on 4 different PCs, the one I mentioned above being the best, without any lag problems.

Then again, I built them myself, and have no other programs running, besides Windows & Anti-Virus/Spyware, while playing.

Any updates for us, Trooper?

Not as of now, we have recieved many pictures to add to the project, about 3/5ths done with the screenshot collection, then the actual project can get started :D

I've been unable to post as I couldn't reply or post anything in the forums for some odd reason until recently, i'll be sure to give a full update later today or tomorrow :)

Sent a screen shot of a gathering on tython

Are you sure? I don't see photo's from tython in my email. Try sending it again, maybe it didn't go through?

Edited by TrooperKorsair

Not as of now, we have recieved many pictures to add to the project, about 3/5ths done with the screenshot collection, then the actual project can get started :D

I've been unable to post as I couldn't reply or post anything in the forums for some odd reason until recently, i'll be sure to give a full update later today or tomorrow :)

Are you sure? I don't see photo's from tython in my email. Try sending it again, maybe it didn't go through?

Yeah, I had the same problem when posting, which sucked, because I came across this REALLY funny line from a class-story mission-giver, and tried to post it the the "funniest lines" thread, but website kept telling me I was logged in, yet not logged in. *sighs* I wish I could remember the exact line, but jist of it is, he tells me to go find some Voss Shaman, because he has a bone amulet I need.

"Make him give you the Bone."

(I'm sure I got it wrong, but that was pretty much what he said, would have had the exact quote, but website here was being wonky with logins, and then I logged out of the game without thinking or copying down line, grrrrrr!).

Yeah, I had the same problem when posting, which sucked, because I came across this REALLY funny line from a class-story mission-giver, and tried to post it the the "funniest lines" thread, but website kept telling me I was logged in, yet not logged in. *sighs* I wish I could remember the exact line, but jist of it is, he tells me to go find some Voss Shaman, because he has a bone amulet I need.

"Make him give you the Bone."

(I'm sure I got it wrong, but that was pretty much what he said, would have had the exact quote, but website here was being wonky with logins, and then I logged out of the game without thinking or copying down line, grrrrrr!).

I always loved the smuggler lines, very good stuff lol.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb241/darka9k/Screenshot_2011-12-21_12_03_39_336023.jpg

Maybe I sent it to the wrong person or something.

Its no biggie

This is just from the first event we ran, launch day. The guild thought it would be nice to offer our expertise to new players, aswell as an RP environment right away.

We answered questions, introduced ourselves, had a few laughs.

Im pretty sure this is the first in game event on any server.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb241/darka9k/Screenshot_2011-12-21_12_03_39_336023.jpg

Maybe I sent it to the wrong person or something.

Its no biggie

This is just from the first event we ran, launch day. The guild thought it would be nice to offer our expertise to new players, aswell as an RP environment right away.

We answered questions, introduced ourselves, had a few laughs.

Im pretty sure this is the first in game event on any server.

AWESOME. This means that the group photos are nearly done! Just need one more republic photo and we should be good, then it's just regular photos until we get enough, then the project can be put together and finished :D

I always loved the smuggler lines, very good stuff lol.

Sith Warrior class quest, actually. A Voss says I need a bone amulet from a Voss Shaman that lives as a recluse. I remembered the line, finally. Quest giver's last sentence was:

"You need him to give you the Bone."

I lost it right there, almost tossed what I was drinking all over my PC screen. I couldn't actually believe that's what he said, but I read the convo in my chat box, and sure enough, there it was.

Crazy.

Sith Warrior class quest, actually. A Voss says I need a bone amulet from a Voss Shaman that lives as a recluse. I remembered the line, finally. Quest giver's last sentence was:

"You need him to give you the Bone."

I lost it right there, almost tossed what I was drinking all over my PC screen. I couldn't actually believe that's what he said, but I read the convo in my chat box, and sure enough, there it was.

Crazy.

LOL. Well, i'm leveling a Jugg now, only level 20, but once I reach Voss hopefully i'll see that line :D