So, I finally got about to seeing some of the new gear...

CRSerenity

The info from the Galactic Starfighter Ace Packs have come out, and so far here are some thoughts:

Exposed Extrovert Armor Set: Goofy, but not at all as goofy as the first set of Extrovert armor.

Naga Sadows Armor Set: Oooh, this is gorgeous. Nice tie in with EU stuff and overall it just looks pretty damn nice.

Ambitious Warrior Armor Set: Eh. It's decent, but another piece of armor that covers us dudes but not ladies? Kinda annoyed by this, although not a bet looking set.

Casual Combatant Armor Set: Oh look! It's the Blue gear from Tython as an adaptive set! It's a bit odd to have the exposed sides, but you know what? I can set that aside, because that still looks pretty solid.

Zayne Carricks Armor Set: OMG OMG OMG ZAYNE CARRICK ARMOR MY FAVORITE CHARACTER IN STAR WARS AND HIS STUFFS HERE GLORY GLORY HALLELUJAH YES YES YES YES YES!!!!1!

Ironclad Soldier Armor Set: Oh hey! Some solid trooper type armor that anyone can use! Don't care for the open helmet much, but that's workable.

Arkan's Armor Set: Hmmm, interesting looking piece. Nothing popping out for me in regards to interest but it has a pretty solid Lando feel to it. So while it may not pique my interest, I can see the interest.

Forest/Timberland Scout Armor Set: Not bad. One set is just a recoloring of another, but again, I like it. Nice ruggedized kind of look.

Jungle/Marshland Ambusher Armor Set: Again, another not bad. Slight preference for the Scout, personally, but overall not bad.

Series 510 Cybernetic Armor Set: Damn it, another one that comes close to great only to miss it by a little. I prefer the 212 look and grab a proper covering helmet to go trundling about as a droid. But Different Strokes and all that.

Mounts: Such no Bantha. Much Dissapoint.

Weapons: Not a bad batch this time. The Auto Cannon isn't quite as ridiculous looking as some of the others around. The rifle and sniper are nice, and the sabers are solid. The Pistol is pretty damn nice, too.

Misc: Khem Val Customization is cool, Regen Item is pretty nice and will probably be popular among Trooper and Hunter types. Emotes are emotes. Titles are titles.

Overall: Solid release, made all the better because of ZAYNE CARRICK ARMOR SET!!!1!!!

Zayne Carricks Armor Set: OMG OMG OMG ZAYNE CARRICK ARMOR MY FAVORITE CHARACTER IN STAR WARS AND HIS STUFFS HERE GLORY GLORY HALLELUJAH YES YES YES YES YES!!!!1!

Overall: [/b]Solid release, made all the better because of ZAYNE CARRICK ARMOR SET!!!1!!!

Oh, good, it's not just me.

OMG OMG OMG ZAYNE CARRICK'S GEAR SQUEEEEEEEE YAY OMG OMG OMG YAYAYAYAYAYAY

Yeah, this looks like a great pack. I'm looking forward to it.

Ambitious Warrior Armor Set: Eh. It's decent, but another piece of armor that covers us dudes but not ladies? Kinda annoyed by this, although not a bet looking set.

This is actually just a straight up copy of a set that was in the game from the start.

You can buy it with planetary comms on tython IIRC.

Not that I'm complaining, that set was a medium set so now everyone can use it instead of everyone except consulars and inquisitors :)

Oh, good, it's not just me.

OMG OMG OMG ZAYNE CARRICK'S GEAR SQUEEEEEEEE YAY OMG OMG OMG YAYAYAYAYAYAY

Yeah, this looks like a great pack. I'm looking forward to it.

Huzzah a fellow Zayne Carrick fan! Yay!

This is actually just a straight up copy of a set that was in the game from the start.

You can buy it with planetary comms on tython IIRC.

Not that I'm complaining, that set was a medium set so now everyone can use it instead of everyone except consulars and inquisitors :)

I suppose so, but as an adaptive bit you could go all Quinlan Vos with a Jedi Knight. Or have an Agent who blends in more with the dreggs as opposed to wearing stylish longcoats and imperial uniforms that don't really work in every sense.

But that's just me, is all.

It's the main hero of Dark Horse comic series set in time of Knights of the Old Republic. One of the best comic series in SW universe IMO.

Righty. Only ever read a couple of the post-episode VI comics, that was Dark Horse I think. With Luke's NJO and that. Quite liked it.

Also the guy after whom the Republic Fleet station in named

Never could remember the name of that space station. Should play my republicans more one day. Still hate that space station though, everything is in the wrong spot, and there's less giant chasms for people to accidently fall down.

Edited by Pscyon

Who's Zayne Carrick anyway?

What they said: Zayne is the protagonist of the KOTOR comics. He crossed paths with several KOTOR characters (Revan, Carth, and Mission) and is overall excellent. He's also a Jedi who isn't that good at being a Jedi. The story starts with him on the verge of flunking his Padawan training. His relationship to the Force is tenuous at best, and he seems a bit of a screw up. But (with no spoilers after this point) he does a lot to prove himself, and in ways one wouldn't expect.

It's a wonderful read, even if the art team isn't consistent (ie the art style can change from issue to issue) and there are some points where it seems to drag. But overall? Wonderful read, great characters, and very Star Wars. :D