Would Peter Cushing be a better Obi Wan in OT?

Slowpokeking

Difficult, Peter Cushing would have made a good Obi-Wan Kenobi, but Alec Guiness was flawless in his portrail. The pauses showing him considering various courses of action (silently of course) are perfect, his delivery of his lines par excellence.

My only beef is when people justify the Imperial accent they say that's what was shown in the movies, forgetting that Obi-Wan also spoke with a English accent, which to me indicates that it should be a Coruscant accent not an Imperial one.

only beef is when people justify the Imperial accent they say that's what was shown in the movies, forgetting that Obi-Wan also spoke with a English accent, which to me indicates that it should be a Coruscant accent not an Imperial one.

being from North England and being English the imperils talk more what i like to call Queens English i can tell you now most of England do not talk like that.

that sort of brings me to my point yes Obi-Wan did speak with an English accent but a different one this may be hard for ppl who is not from England too pick up on.

plus Star Wars as moved on from the 3 original movies like it or not

Edited by Genuine

He was considered of that role but finally got Tarkin and mentioned it's not the role he likes "My criterion for accepting a role isn't based on what I would like to do. I try to consider what the audience would like to see me do and I thought kids would adore Star Wars."

Who would have thought that dorky kid from "Goonies" and "Rudy" would be Samwise Gamgee? (Sean Astin btw) Or that Al Pacino, who plays the same character in every movie, could play Jack Kevorkain? Vince Vaughn as Norman Bates in the "Psycho" remake. (movie was meh, but his performance was spot on). And even Sir Alec Guiness played the blind bumbling butler in Neil Simon's "Murder by Death" (Funny movie, btw. Here's a clip.)