Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are probably just trying to work out the logistics of trying to merge a pvp, rp and pve server into one :p The worlds first PVP-RP-PVE superserver.

I don't believe anyone who plays on Master Dar'Nala is against losing the "PvP" flag that IS a PvP server.

The issue here is merging a PvE server with a RP server...

It is not about what we want any more.

It is not about what we deserve anymore.

It is not even about what is best for the players anymore.

It is about insulting the players by ignoring them for half a year.

EA names this game is one of the biggest earners they have, but since then there has been zero improvement in advertising and customer service. Instead we get a cash grab of a cartel market, and cheap quests with no player voices used let alone player choices.

And in the end, when they finally do something we will all be thankful that whatever basic cheap choice is made because it has taken so long our expectations are in the toilet.

It is not about what we want any more.

It is not about what we deserve anymore.

It is not even about what is best for the players anymore.

It is about insulting the players by ignoring them for half a year.

EA names this game is one of the biggest earners they have, but since then there has been zero improvement in advertising and customer service. Instead we get a cash grab of a cartel market, and cheap quests with no player voices used let alone player choices.

And in the end, when they finally do something we will all be thankful that whatever basic cheap choice is made because it has taken so long our expectations are in the toilet.

it is not about the money (money money). we dont need your money money money.

we just wanna insult the players, forget about the server merge.

if you constructed your post like that^ then you might have had a valid point.

EDIT: im requesting that all posts to be made in some poem structure or a well known song. bioware please update the forum rules to make this happen!

Edited by Obirayy

I believe due to the number of different language servers they initially had in EU, some of different server types were merged at the last round of server merge.

Cross server type transfers were also done back when apac servers launch.

So they have done it before.

I believe due to the number of different language servers they initially had in EU, some of different server types were merged at the last round of server merge.

Im Sorry mr banegio, oooooo i am for reeaalll, I could quite pick what song this was from? I tried to think of some a million times

Ah really. I stand corrected then. Maybe there's hope for us still then.

Actually there is one type of server for each language, last I checked, which was after consolidation to mega servers.

9 servers in EU, so that point is valid in the sense they have never done it before.

It is invalid in the fact that 85% of the people want to merge anyway. PVP players don't mind because there isn't open world PVP going on now, so it can't get worse. And increasing the amount of players will increase the amount of WZ going on. I'm on Gav and 80% of the players do PVP (that number is a guesstimate, the 85% wanting to merge was from the survey)

The RP clique is least interested in moving, but even they will get more players to RP with, and more player intolerant of them getting harassed for RPing in an MMORPG <- me being optimistic ;)

i still cant believe this hasn't been addressed.

there hasn't been any communication for weeks either.

I got excited when we first heard from bioware. I figured they might of been going to do something but still n othing.

very dissapointed no solution still

It is invalid in the fact that 85% of the people want to merge anyway. PVP players don't mind because there isn't open world PVP going on now, so it can't get worse.

Yea well most PVE players here on Dalborra are open too a merge aswell but that said the Gree event seems to be abit of an experiment by Bioware to see how PVE players and PVP players would actually get along. I personally think it went ok but there are issues with this though. For example some players aren't really happy about being able to be flagged for PVP against their wishes by simply being in a group or ops with someone who is flagged.

Actually there is one type of server for each language, last I checked, which was after consolidation to mega servers.

9 servers in EU, so that point is valid in the sense they have never done it before.

It is invalid in the fact that 85% of the people want to merge anyway. PVP players don't mind because there isn't open world PVP going on now, so it can't get worse. And increasing the amount of players will increase the amount of WZ going on. I'm on Gav and 80% of the players do PVP (that number is a guesstimate, the 85% wanting to merge was from the survey)

The RP clique is least interested in moving, but even they will get more players to RP with, and more player intolerant of them getting harassed for RPing in an MMORPG <- me being optimistic ;)

RP-PVP to PVP

We wanted to clarify the current situation with the European RP-PvP servers Lord Calypho, Jen'jidai, and Huntmaster. Our goal for SWTOR players with these free character transfers is to be able to offer a destination server for players to have the best gameplay experience possible. As such, due to the unique nature of having only one European RP-PvP server per language, we wanted to give the three aforementioned servers the choice to transfer to a destination PvP server. As of right now, Lord Calypho characters can transfer to Tomb of Freedon Nadd, Jen’jidai to Jar'Kai Sword, and Huntmaster to Darth Nihilus.

Players will now be separated into three level brackets for normal Warzone play: 10 – 29, 30 – 54, and level 55. Ranked Warzones now requires level 55.
From the patch notes for 2.0. This sure is going to make <55 pvp queues fun. :/

From the patch notes for 2.0. This sure is going to make <55 pvp queues fun. :/

I came on specifically to comment on that as well.

"•Players will now be separated into three level brackets for normal Warzone play: 10 – 29, 30 – 54, and level 55. Ranked Warzones now requires level 55."

With our low populations, this is going to hurt sub 55 pvp substantially. It's bad as it is already, this will make it much much worse.

Edited by Yndras

I can only assume at this point that Bioware isn't stating their plans about this issue because they plan to do nothing about it and don't want to come out and say as much because it will result in a mass exodus of players.

The changes to the pvp que will kill what little pvp pops are left on MDN.

Seriously bioware how hard is it to transfer the 3 or so people left on MDN to Dalborra?

Just get on with it and stop stalling. Or is it that you are waiting for everyone on the MDN to unsub and leave the game due to it being completely unplayable just so you don't have to take the meager effort of doing something?

Edited by EsKymaen

Ok now it has been months since Bioware said they wanted to hear our opinion on what we wanted to happen this is getting out of hand the expansion is coming its up on the PTS and nothing still hasn't happened with our servers. Since Bioware has taken their time on this most people including myself have re rolled to the NA servers or unsubbed. If a merge happens now it wont work out since the numbers wont ever get to the NA servers.

So thanks Bioware could of merged us months ago instead of doing nothing or even tell us months ago a merge will happen so people would have a hope of staying and now we all have to be transferred to servers with bad ping where we cant play fairly with people with good ping.

Your customer service is the worst I have ever seen in a game.

So Joveth, still no reply when you are obviously too busy now prepping for Makeb. We get to wait till after things settle down from 2.0, just for A post, just like what we got from post F2P.

I would suggest we try to get every APAC player to transfer to the PTS and play there while giving no feedback. Try to clog it just to treat them with as much respect as they treat us, but I doubt there are enough of us left even monitoring this thread to make a difference.

So Joveth, still no reply when you are obviously too busy now prepping for Makeb. We get to wait till after things settle down from 2.0, just for A post, just like what we got from post F2P.

I would suggest we try to get every APAC player to transfer to the PTS and play there while giving no feedback. Try to clog it just to treat them with as much respect as they treat us, but I doubt there are enough of us left even monitoring this thread to make a difference.

yeah its come to a point where you either deal with or just quit, cause BW has proven that they;re not going to do anything for us ]:

The changes to the pvp que will kill what little pvp pops are left on MDN.

Seriously bioware how hard is it to transfer the 3 or so people left on MDN to Dalborra?

Just get on with it and stop stalling. Or is it that you are waiting for everyone on the MDN to unsub and leave the game due to it being completely unplayable just so you don't have to take the meager effort of doing something?

What changes to the pvp queues? .. link please