Free-to-Play Preview Episode 3 – Now Live!

CourtneyWoods

They only listen to one type of feedback, the amount of money they are getting.

This is the worst F2P model, even tho it was one of first to give whole story content it does not stand out by any part other then being insulting.

Thumb up for all people that gave constructive feedback on how bad they are doing but i dont have time to waste for that since they are not listening.

As i said they only listen to feedback about money they are getting. They might listen if they stop getting money or they might shut it down. EA should really think about their relationship to their customers because they are going to lose them.

They ruined Mass Effect 3, they ruined SWTOR, maybe they ruined another game that i havent played yet, and now im not holding my thumbs for any of their new games.

wow that was just, wow

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They only listen to one type of feedback, the amount of money they are getting.

This is the worst F2P model, even tho it was one of first to give whole story content it does not stand out by any part other then being insulting.

Thumb up for all people that gave constructive feedback on how bad they are doing but i dont have time to waste for that since they are not listening.

As i said they only listen to feedback about money they are getting. They might listen if they stop getting money or they might shut it down. EA should really think about their relationship to their customers because they are going to lose them.

They ruined Mass Effect 3, they ruined SWTOR, maybe they ruined another game that i havent played yet, and now im not holding my thumbs for any of their new games.

u and haters like u piss me off so much, I mean yeah the end of mass effect 3 ****ed me off so much, and made my then 19 year old brother cry. but u people should not be so mean about it.

You expect Bioware to apologise for something? Oh man that's the funniest thing I've heard all week. Bioware doesn't apologise for anything. Ever.

Introduce a patch that causes the game to crash? Must be the fault of the user's computer

Introduce a patch that causes unplayable lag? User's computer needs upgrading

Break features they have advertised? They are "investigating" or they are "aware"

Point out that they have been promising to do hood down Jedi robes for a year but it proved too "technically challenging" until of course they could charge for it? Be excited about the new content!

It's not a bug it's a feature!

And of course never forget they're not gouging...but they're charging.

hey man bioware did apolegize if for mass effect 3 if barely

What do I think? I think your prices are inflated and I think your preferred customer program is still too stringent. And I say this as a subscriber. I understand a desire to meet a bottom line but some items, if you convert them to their value in USD or other currency, are just...wow....

The Cartel Market is exciting and microtransations are going to bolster your revenue in a major way but there's a responsible way to go about it and an irresponsible way. You're tilted far more to the latter end of the scale, both in terms of your store and your actual FTP/'Preferred Status' options. The balance has not been struck.

Also, three words: Live Events Team.

There was a person giving out free Life Day gifts on the Fleet of my server, in character. All that took was one person and it made things feel alive! And one person who couldn't, say, just add items randomly to inventories to hand out.

I hosted a swoop race on my server. Big cash rewards, people using Imp/Rep banners as checkpoint markers. Three tiers of racing. And it took barely five people to run! I understand the desire to allocate resources to new content and (insultingly) new cartel packs but your game world is DEAD without the efforts of players.

Look at your competition! Other games have legitimate holiday events. We get things to BUY. Other games celebrate their first year with aplomb. You gave out fireworks.

Heck, I will volunteer to be on your events team, if it exists, free of charge. Because if people are doing their work for them, you might as well just admit that we're on your staff.

yeah totaly agree cartell market prices are to high for what we get, so if u want to have the prices that high increase the incentive to buy.

I want this game to succeed. I'm no expert, but i think any of us would do a better job at designing the F2P stuff.

A two year old with Crayons could do a better job desiging Armours than whats been posted so far to the Cartel Market.

I hope they get thier finger out and desgin some gear worth buying.

http://www.starwarstheoldrepublicholonet.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/SWTOR-Jedi-Guardian-Build.jpg

i want an exact replica of this armor, down to the last detail k, please:D.

I thought this was the armor they just added to the market that you can buy for 1440 cartel credits? Or is it like Revan's and off too?

As a note I love how the Revan helmet does not clip in the video like it does in game, also love how they do not show the companions in mix armor since f2p patch broke that.

BW/EA I understand you are trying to milk this game to recover the money that was invested in it development, but really so far everything you have put on the cartel market has been useless other than breaking other parts of the game. (Selling ship upgrades for less than they cost to craft good for profits bad for crafting again). Dumping larger volumes of mod-abble gear in the cartel boxes (have you seen the prices on some of the GTN's I can have a full set of orange gear for under 2k whats the point to make armor anymore?) I have gone threw 4 guilds since this game launched my first was the one I came over from WOW with, they went back before the first server consoldidation. As a die hard fan of StarWars, Knight of the old Republic, I had followed this game a year before launch, you had me with your videos and at lauch there were bugs but the game was smooth, better than it is today with CTD's Lag spikes, FPS issues, etc. I am just so disappointed and don't seen me keeping this account much longer as you just continue to break my hope that this might turn around.

I think his speech about the Life Day items being "limited time" says a lot about how they intend to sell stuff. :(

It's all "buy it NOW!!!! for just $18.00 per mount or lose out!".

It is so disheartening that such a cynical nickle and dime method of using the cashshop is happening, really sinking to the lowest possible common denominator of retail. :mad:

It's pretty clear they do not value their customers, they just want to sell stuff TO them. :(

Such an attitude simply isn't sustainable, it's the attitude you find on here today gone tomorrow market stall, it is going to drive people (including subscribers since the start like me) away from the game.

^QFT.

I also think this is apt:

LOL BS!

You are not listen[ing] to feedback on the Cartel Market...

:cool:

Edited by Urael

Dear BioWare, EA, or whomever runs this 'game' now:

I can't tell you what i really think of this new Video, because that would likely get me 'warned' or 'banned'.

But since you claim to be "listening", here is some constructive feedback from a devoted STAR WARS fan and longtime *Subscriber* of SWTOR (with no plans of un-subscribing...at least not until Star Wars 1313, Elder Scrolls Online, or SWG-2 comes out) , for whatever that is 'worth' to you at this point in your "business plan":

1) This type of Video is, at best, misleading to new players...and, at worst, insulting to the intelligence of those of 'us' who have remained subscribed since Early Access Launch over a year ago.

2) Please advise the producers of these types of Videos to stop having the 'spokesperson' talking AWAY (askew) from the camera/audience. It's awkward, weird, jarring, and in direct contradiction to the 'earnest' message you guys seem to want to send. How can 'we' take you seriously (or believe in you) if you guys won't even *look us directly in the eyes* on these Videos?

3) When C-3PO watches these types of Videos with me, he always utters the same phrase: 'Delusions of Grandeur'. - I would urge you all to look up exactly what this phrase means and do your best to avoid emulating it from now on if you hope to salvage whatever is left of BioWare's (and SWTOR's) 'reputation'.

4) Speaking for myself and others like me: These types of Videos do NOT make 'us' want to play the game nor purchase anything associated within the game's Cartel Market (only the prospect of *rare* items do that) . Instead, the Video serves as a disappointing reminder of what this game could have been (and still can be) .

5) From now on, if you really truly want to 'promote' this game with authentic enthusiasm: Start making Videos discussing/showing things from that 'WALL OF CRAZY'. You needn't worry about "making false promises" or whatever, because a) That 'perception' is already a reality at this point...and b) Desperate times call for desperate measures (as opposed to desperate-looking Promo-Videos) .

6) Ask LucasArts immediately to allow you guys to use all the 'Cartel Profits' to re-hire the people from BLUR STUDIOS to do something ANYTHING regarding the future 'direction' of this game.

Thanks, good luck, and i hope this post doesn't prevent you from considering my Guild's application on the 'Community Guild Spotlight' thread.

regards, Nee:sy_title:

The Messiah arrives. Listen to him.

This was a terrible short video that didn't really help promote your product well at all.

Quote: Originally Posted by Nee-Elder

Dear BioWare, EA, or whomever runs this 'game' now:

I can't tell you what i really think of this new Video, because that would likely get me 'warned' or 'banned'.

But since you claim to be "listening", here is some constructive feedback from a devoted STAR WARS fan and longtime *Subscriber* of SWTOR (with no plans of un-subscribing...at least not until Star Wars 1313, Elder Scrolls Online, or SWG-2 comes out) , for whatever that is 'worth' to you at this point in your "business plan":

1) This type of Video is, at best, misleading to new players...and, at worst, insulting to the intelligence of those of 'us' who have remained subscribed since Early Access Launch over a year ago.

2) Please advise the producers of these types of Videos to stop having the 'spokesperson' talking AWAY (askew) from the camera/audience. It's awkward, weird, jarring, and in direct contradiction to the 'earnest' message you guys seem to want to send. How can 'we' take you seriously (or believe in you) if you guys won't even *look us directly in the eyes* on these Videos?

3) When C-3PO watches these types of Videos with me, he always utters the same phrase: 'Delusions of Grandeur'. - I would urge you all to look up exactly what this phrase means and do your best to avoid emulating it from now on if you hope to salvage whatever is left of BioWare's (and SWTOR's) 'reputation'.

4) Speaking for myself and others like me: These types of Videos do NOT make 'us' want to play the game nor purchase anything associated within the game's Cartel Market (only the prospect of *rare* items do that) . Instead, the Video serves as a disappointing reminder of what this game could have been (and still can be) .

5) From now on, if you really truly want to 'promote' this game with authentic enthusiasm: Start making Videos discussing/showing things from that 'WALL OF CRAZY'. You needn't worry about "making false promises" or whatever, because a) That 'perception' is already a reality at this point...and b) Desperate times call for desperate measures (as opposed to desperate-looking Promo-Videos) .

6) Ask LucasArts immediately to allow you guys to use all the 'Cartel Profits' to re-hire the people from BLUR STUDIOS to do something ANYTHING regarding the future 'direction' of this game.

Thanks, good luck, and i hope this post doesn't prevent you from considering my Guild's application on the 'Community Guild Spotlight' thread.

regards, Nee

Best thing I've read in the whole thread.

I think its a good thing though i must say whats the point of locking titles for f2pers im a sub myself but i think that locking the titles is sort of a big mistake since everybody likes the titles i guess .... atleast i hear it allot from my guildies and true you have to lock certain things for f2pers i agree but why Xp and titles? cause it takes the fun away..... if u have like limited xp which u earn trough missions but i do agree as i said before u have to lock or limit some options for f2pers i completly understand that :)

Greetings:Kirito

would like to see .....

faction armor

barber shop coins maybe

actual weapons and headgear you can buy without gambling on if its in a certain pack or not

new ships to fly

actual items you can decorate your ship with

player housing

better world pvp

Look at your competition! Other games have legitimate holiday events. We get things to BUY. Other games celebrate their first year with aplomb. You gave out fireworks.

City of Heroes had an awesome Christmas event. For 3 or 4 weeks, there were Giant Snowmen monster attacks throughout the city, Christmas presents that you could open that gave you enhancements and powerups (or baby giant snowmen monsters to fight with you) or coal, and eventually there was a ski lodge where the physics of the game were messed with so you could slide down a course and try and earn gold, silver and bronze medals (that earned you costumes and a Christmas themed rocket pack).

Now mind you, this was built up over several years - the ski lodge didn't show up until year 3, I think - but even year one had the presents. I was so crushingly disappointed when Star Wars failed to do a damn thing for Christmas. Only goes to show what a half-assed job these guys are doing.

City of Heroes had an awesome Christmas event. For 3 or 4 weeks, there were Giant Snowmen monster attacks throughout the city, Christmas presents that you could open that gave you enhancements and powerups (or baby giant snowmen monsters to fight with you) or coal, and eventually there was a ski lodge where the physics of the game were messed with so you could slide down a course and try and earn gold, silver and bronze medals (that earned you costumes and a Christmas themed rocket pack).

Now mind you, this was built up over several years - the ski lodge didn't show up until year 3, I think - but even year one had the presents. I was so crushingly disappointed when Star Wars failed to do a damn thing for Christmas. Only goes to show what a half-assed job these guys are doing.

Well at least we can get white lightsabers now........:sy_item: