Best And Worst Class Story?

ToffeeNinja

Worst is inquisitor. Everyone else but you gets their lightsaber in a way that feels like an accomplishment.

Knight/Consular: I forged my lightsaber! W00t!

Warrior: I found mines in a box...I guess I feel ok about it.

Inquisitor: Meh, I got mine as a free handout from Zash.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Though I haven't finished any of them, the force classes have been an absolute drag.

Of the ones I've completed:

Imperial Agent - captivated me from start to finish. The story really matches with the Ops AC.

Trooper - 100% safe and boring. If you've played Mass Effect, you've played the Trooper's story. Gather teammates, do side quests, gather more teammates, do more side quests, confront boss, congratulations! The End.

I have a 50 SI, 50 SW, 50 JC, 50 BH, 38 IA, 25 JK, 26 Tr, 20 Sm

Of those completed:

Best, SW, very epic, total respect, enjoyable companions

SI>JC

Worst, BH, "go claim this bounty," "go claim that bounty," i.e. no story, but fun companions

Of those in progress:

Best, IA, it's making me change from DS to LS, and hate the empire in the process

JK>Tr due to epicness, although Tr is fun but its a bit too much taking orders

Worst, Sm, which for some reason is omgwtf boring. I mean, cmon, this coulda been so great...

SW was so good I'm doing it again and going predominantly LS, same with SI (going DS this time).

I'd say it really depends.

For a Classic Star Wars saga thing Play a jedi knight. It has so many things alike later in your story. I will not spoil besides that.

As for being independent and taking orders from nobody go bountyhunter or smuggler.

Trooper Isnt as bad as most say it is but it isnt very good.

Being a sith warrior you get funny lines but it sucks getting bossed around for all stage 1-2

Sith inquisitor gives the "Plotting apprentice" feel if you hate you boss.

Counsler is pretty good and you have a nice feel and aptitude with force powers.

My personal Favorite was the agent. Agents are the one class that can crouch behind cover or roll acrossed a room to get to cover. As an agent you get the total stealthy agent feel. The story you go undercover alot some assassination, Treachery, At the end a huge decision.

Well hve fun with what you do!

I have finished a LS knight, LS Agent, and DS Hunter and of the three, I have to give a slight lean to the Agent story over the Knight. Chapter 1 on the Jedi knight was dull, but chapters 2 and 3 are incredible and I recommend anyone who is a fan of Star Wars to force your way through chapter 1 to experience the joy of chapters 2 and 3 on the knight, expecially when you get to Corellia. That is the best class planet story I've seen thus far.

The Hunter story was very "meh" until chapter 3, then it had a bit of suspense for a bit, but it fell off due to not following up on the "twist" at start of chapter 3.

I played with a partner on my agent from Dromund Kaas to the end who used an Inquisitor, and it seems to be well done.

I have a trooper at level 43, a sith warrior at 45, and a consulor at 22(consulor seems to be the worst story to me). I also have a smuggler at 36 that I have enjoyed.

The trooper was solid in chapter 1, but chapter 2 was just a glorified "Let's dedicate the chapter to just getting your companions". I haven't started chapter 3 as of yet.

At this time, if I were forced to rank the 8 stories with what I have completed, it would look like this....

1.Agent

2.Jedi Knight

3.Sith Warrior

4.Inquisitor

5.Smuggler

6.Bounty Hunter

7.Trooper

8.Consulor

Edited by MarkEllzey

This is strictly my personal opinion.

BEST

Empire: Agent - Best written story all around from start to finish. Probably the only plot that genuinely made me think. I was always eager to know what would happen next.

Republic: Jedi Knight - The most 'epic' story. It makes you feel like a hero, and the decisions you make have weight. This is what KOTOR3 would've been based on. It's a bit cliche' at times but it still has that star wars charm.

WORST

Republic: Consular - The chapters are sloppily connected and 1 & 2 both feel like fetch-quest filler arcs. It gets better in chapter 3, but by then it just to late. The main focus of the story should have been training a padawan and the conflict of light vs. dark.

Imperial: Inquisitor - Same complaints as consular - only worse. The entire story is a series of fetch-quests, & the conflict of light vs. dark is barely touched on. The companions are also boring and forgettable.

I think Male BH voice acting is pretty bad. You get used to it, but it's pretty jarring the first few levels. Whoever did his voice seemed to be copying Christian Bale's Batman.

Luckily it wasn't enough to detract from BH's awesome companions.

I think it all depends on what your character appearance is. My BH looks like a skinny pale snake-like guy so the voice fits him quite well.

LS Agent story is amazing.

LS Warrior story <3

DS Knight story <3

DS/LS Inq story is bad.

DS/LS Consular story is bad.

DS/LS BH the story is fine.

DS/LS Trooper story is ok, but can be very mind-numbing at times.

As for smugglers...I stopped playing at level 20, too friggin DULL.

• 4 weeks later...

I have four 50s, five if you count the one I deleted: Trooper, smuggler, inquisitor, agent, warrior (deleted because I ****ed up his story and I never finished his Act III). I also have a Knight at L40 and a Sage at L33. I got a Bounty Hunter to L30-ish but deleted him because I didn't like how I made him look (I actually did this twice and have rerolled a third one which is at level 23 right now.).

First off, the trooper and inquisitor storyline give me no wish to replay them at all. The trooper story after Act I was just dull and any threat was pretty far off and disconnected from your job - there wasn't even a real antagonist besides 'the empire'. I played it lightside the first time, and the idea of playing it darkside actually makes me cringe because no amount of twists from going darkside could make it more interesting.

Insofar as the Inquisitor goes, I've heard that the lightside story really sucks and makes almost no sense, and the darkside one wasn't that great either - it had a great ending and a whole lot of Crowning Moments of Bad_ss, but that's about it for its redeeming qualities.

The smuggler storyline, which I did lightside, was interesting enough to, well, keep me interested, though the Act III plot twist ticked me off. I'd like to go through it again as a darkside smuggler, but I'm not sure the story by itself could keep me interested because it was pretty 'meh' - average as these things go.

The Agent and Warrior storylines, on the other hand, were fantastic (with the Agent by far being the best on in the game thus far - I don't think anything in this game could possibly outdo the end of the Agent's Act I.); I'd love to go through an Agent again with a darkside twist. That one twist actually changes a whole lot of how you experience the story and is really freaking awesome, and your character is incredibly differently portrayed from there on out.

For the Warrior, I made a mistake here: I went darkside up to Tatooine, but a cutscene managed to convince me to change (slowly) to lightside. I decided that I didn't like this very much and ended up deleting the character. The story, though, is great: your actions matter, and if you play it right there are a whole lot of Crowning Moments of Bad_ss. The most memorable moment for me is where, if you do some maneuvering and settle for some lightside points on Nar Shaddaa, you totally out-maneuver your enemy in a style true to a sense of classic, ruthless Sith cunning. This is definitely a story worth playing through lightside and darkside.

The Sage story is boring as hell. Really boring. I haven't finished Act I, though, so for all I know it gets better. It's also notable that this is my third Sage reroll because I didn't like the way the character looked.

The Knight storyline is interesting-ish (this is my third Knight reroll, which I've decided to stick with) and has a lot of differences, from what I can tell, if you replay it darkside versus lightside. It's pretty freakin' cool. Worth replaying.

The Bounty Hunter storyline so far seems very interesting, but I never finished Act I so I never actually saw the full thing. It's got this great attitude where you're this freelancing, greedy bad_ss who can pretty much get away with anything - if I wasn't on my third iteration it would be almost sickeningly fun to play.

In a level of fun-to-tedious, I'd say it's:

Tier 1 ('Great' to 'Blew me away, amazing in every way'): Agent, warrior, bounty hunter, knight with the Agent coming out on top by far

Tier 2 ('Captured my attention' to 'above the par"): Smuggler, inquisitor

Tier 3 ('worth playing through' to 'not all that bad'): Trooper, Sage

Edit: Some people said that the Agent story was the most boring and implied that it had a really small scope. This is really confusing to me, because the Agent story is by far the most epic-in-scope story in the entire game - it makes the Knight and Warrior stories seem like nothing they did was a big deal (and I know what the endings are for both of those.).

The Agent story is one of those very few things where I left it inspired and hoping that I could write something with that kind of quality, and I'm the guy who went through the Trooper storyline thinking about how much better I could've done it (I'm not the best director, so I might not be able to do it better, but at least my imagination has a vision with potential that far outweighs what we actually got.). I also think Inception is a 'meh' movie because I am an incredible critic.

Edit #2: I'm the guildmaster of a Republic guild, and I just said the Imperial stories were essentially all better than the Republic ones. This is a great way to get recruits. XD

Edited by Flyceratops

I played all the stories except jedi consular, some stories I even played twice. Here is my list from best to worst:

Imperial Agent(I enjoyed it lightside)

Jedi Knight(I really enjoyed it darkside)

Sith warrior(Both DS/LS work well)

Bounty hunter(DS/LS both work)

Sith Inquisitor(DS is hilariously fun to play story wise)

Trooper(Is tied with smuggler for best companion make up but the story is lacking. Play DS female if you wanna be femshep though :p)

Smuggler(As long as you don't have high expectations this story will work for you.)

Having played all 8 classes, I can say that Imperial Agent story was the one and only story that made me skip other missions on planets and complete my class missions first. I just needed to know more! I had to find out what was going to happen next. It was awesome.

Bounty Hunter was awesome too. The ending was excellent and as I was light sided, I was very happy to be able to choose what to do and who to kill at the end.

Both Sith Warrior and Inquisitor were good. They were all about the power games within the Sith hierarchy; which was more than fine for me.

Jedi Knight was the best story line on the Republic side and the ending was exceptional. I also liked the Smuggler story line. Consular was "meh"; not good but not bad either. But Trooper was hand down the worst one. It was perfect until the end of Chapter 1 but then it became incredibly dull.

• 5 weeks later...

Well i've just finished all the 8 classes and this is my rank:

1. Imperial Agent (Played Neutral)

2. Jedi Knight (LS)

3. Sith Warrior (DS)

4. Sith Inquisitor (DS)

5. Bounty Hunter (Neutral)

6. Smuggler (Neutral)

7. Jedi Consular (LS)

8. Trooper (Neutral)

I really love them all but my favorite one was agent,though i levelled my SI,SW and JK first :cool:

The smuggler storyline, which I did lightside, was interesting enough to, well, keep me interested, though the Act III plot twist ticked me off. I'd like to go through it again as a darkside smuggler, but I'm not sure the story by itself could keep me interested because it was pretty 'meh' - average as these things go.

This pissed me off too. Why do they force us to play this way? Plot twists are terrible, and the Smuggler plot twist is poorly executed because they never ever let us query the situation.

I loved playing the Smuggler story up to this point. After this point I cringed my way through it because it was like bile in my mouth.

Sith Warrior is perhaps my favourite storyline so far though :). I play LS and it's really fun. There are parts of it where I would prefer it slightly different, but at least I can develop a unique personality for my Warrior with what I have which I how I like to play my Bioware games :).

Worst story for me is Imperial Agent. Because it's so boring. I just can't get through Dromund Kaas on an IA at all, I hate being a Sith Lords *****. It's the reason I can't play Inquisitor.

I think I'm going to join those people who are wondering why there is so much hate for the consular's story. I'm on Tatooine right now, and so far it's quite interesting. Not so oh-my-god-epic like sith warrior or jedi knight, but still good enough for me. Better than sith inquisitor or trooper, in my opinion...

The only real problem I have is that the game doesn't react if you're trying to be dark-sided.

For example, I got one of the jedi masters' daughter killed, and his only words were "There is no Death, there is only the Force... I hope". Really? Your own daughter died because of my mistake, and this is all you've got to tell me? Meh.

I think I'm going to join those people who are wondering why there is so much hate for the consular's story. I'm on Tatooine right now, and so far it's quite interesting. Not so oh-my-god-epic like sith warrior or jedi knight, but still good enough for me. Better than sith inquisitor or trooper, in my opinion...

The only real problem I have is that the game doesn't react if you're trying to be dark-sided.

For example, I got one of the jedi masters' daughter killed, and his only words were "There is no Death, there is only the Force... I hope". Really? Your own daughter died because of my mistake, and this is all you've got to tell me? Meh.

and what did you expect him to say? hes a jedi after all, no strings, no attachements, ano anger, no fury. His replay was completely fine

and what did you expect him to say? hes a jedi after all, no strings, no attachements, ano anger, no fury. His replay was completely fine

It's not about what he says, but how he says it. Pardon me, but jedi or not, he is still a person, and he is attached to his daughter. It's pretty obvious from how he speaks about her being in danger before they send you to that ship. Besides, this particular jedi was shown to be... not "by the book" one, to say the least. So no, I don't find his replay fine.

Edited by Yria

It's not about what he says, but how he says it. Pardon me, but jedi or not, he is still a person, and he is attached to his daughter. It's pretty obvious from how he speaks about her being in danger before they send you to that ship. Besides, this particular jedi was shown to be... not "by the book" one, to say the least. So no, I don't find his replay fine.

being a person doesnt require to be emotional. maybe he "loved" her but what made him a good jedi is how he reacted after her death.