When Can We Test 6.0 Combat, etc.

MandFlurry

I would like to know too. My brain doesn't wrap around the changes when I read about them. I need to try them to give reasonable feedback.

Agreed, reading about it and actually trying it in game are very different.

I thought Eric said mid June, this year heheh :/ Maybe he said July, but i lose confidence in the game, when they tell us we can expect it on Public Test, and then don't have it. It's like they are trying to hide things we may not like.

I thought we would have started this last month. I gotta say, i don't like it when they said they planned on having this on PTS in at least June, and nothing has happened. It doesn't give me a good feeling.

Will 6.0 release on time? Shakes magic 8 ball. Chances are unlikely!

• Dev Post
I thought we would have started this last month. I gotta say, i don't like it when they said they planned on having this on PTS in at least June, and nothing has happened. It doesn't give me a good feeling.

Hey there,

Let me add some clarity to our PTS schedule and then I can let you know the current plan for getting hands-on with PTS. So, when we initially talked about when PTS would be available I don't think we framed it very well. When we stated June, we didn't necessarily mean playable in June, but that would we would be providing you with in-depth information where you could start providing feedback. Throughout the whole PTS process there are going to be two components:

1. Giving you the details on the PTS forum so that you can provide your thoughts and feedback.
  2. Placing those same things as playable on PTS to get your hands-on feedback.

Obviously we are at step 1 of that process right now but we definitely understand that you are all very eager to get your hands on Onslaught. Tentatively, we are aiming to have the initial version of PTS up next week. This PTS will contain the information which we have revealed to you on the PTS forum up to this point, so, tacticals, set bonuses, and the new abilities of:

• Sith Inquisitor
  • Sith Warrior
  • Sorcerer
  • Assassin
  • Juggernaut
  • Marauder

Keep in mind that next week is tentative and could change. We will have a blog to coincide with the launch of PTS to give you all of the details.

Thanks!

-eric

Hey there,

Let me add some clarity to our PTS schedule and then I can let you know the current plan for getting hands-on with PTS. So, when we initially talked about when PTS would be available I don't think we framed it very well. When we stated June, we didn't necessarily mean playable in June, but that would we would be providing you with in-depth information where you could start providing feedback. Throughout the whole PTS process there are going to be two components:

1. Giving you the details on the PTS forum so that you can provide your thoughts and feedback.

Obviously we are at step 1 of that process right now but we definitely understand that you are all very eager to get your hands on Onslaught. Tentatively, we are aiming to have the initial version of PTS up next week. This PTS will contain the information which we have revealed to you on the PTS forum up to this point, so, tacticals, set bonuses, and the new abilities of:

• Sith Inquisitor
  • Sith Warrior
  • Sorcerer
  • Assassin
  • Juggernaut
  • Marauder

Keep in mind that next week is tentative and could change. We will have a blog to coincide with the launch of PTS to give you all of the details.

Thanks!

-eric

Eric 6.0 should have been in the testing phases 2 months ago it's sad to see decisions like this that will impact quality control in a huge way with bugs that may take months to fix I hope Bioware could learn from mistakes of the past but they seem to be lurking again and I really want 6.0 to do very well.

Eric 6.0 should have been in the testing phases 2 months ago it's sad to see decisions like this that will impact quality control in a huge way with bugs that may take months to fix I hope Bioware could learn from mistakes of the past but they seem to be lurking again and I really want 6.0 to do very well.

At this point they should delay 6.0, there's not enough time left for everything they're trying to do and releasing the expansion in a bad state will do more harm than good. :(

So are you saying they shouldve told you itll be available in 2 months from now?

At this point they should delay 6.0, there's not enough time left for everything they're trying to do and releasing the expansion in a bad state will do more harm than good. :(

They did have 3 years to work on 6.0, I wouldnt worry too much

Hey there,

• Sith Inquisitor
  • Sith Warrior
  • Sorcerer
  • Assassin
  • Juggernaut
  • Marauder

Thanks!

-eric

You know any feed back we give you on this forum with out testing is all hypothetical?

It would be better if you just dump the classes on the PTS in what ever form they are at the moment. Bugs and all and let’s us test what you’ve done so we can give you real feed back.

Even if you just drop Alpha versions of the changes for us to test. Then you can move onto the beta with some better player feed back before a prelaunch test.

This is how I’ve done Alpha and beta testing in other games in the last 25 years.

At the moment, it feels like you are just finalising the changes and we will be stuck with them, warts and all. There is no point of the PTS if you don’t have time to change anything.

Please, don’t delay another week. Dump what you’ve got so we can test the combat changes. No one here is asking to test onslaught content.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I’m also really concerned about this. The PTS testing isn’t going to be long enough for any significant changes. All we’ll be doing is knocking rough edges. It will be a prelauch test and nothing significant will be able to be changed.

Which isn’t what they promised or gave us the impression they were doing this time.

I’m also really concerned about this. The PTS testing isn’t going to be long enough for any significant changes. All we’ll be doing is knocking rough edges. It will be a prelauch test and nothing significant will be able to be changed.

Which isn’t what they promised or gave us the impression they were doing this time.

Changing the numbers from 25% to 35% and such should take long lol. I would hope not alteast.

But did they work on 6.0 these past 3 years?

The last year or two? probably, but at a reduced number because of Anthem. the chances are a good number of BW employees were taken off other projects to be put on Anthem in 2017-2018, so it can be launched before this years market first quarter. i'm guessing some point in the middle of 2018 is when some of those employees returned to SWTOR to pick up the time table after just over 3 years and a bit from KotET to this one.

Most likely KotET and the traitor arc were done in advance of KotET's launch and when BW said they were hearing what the players wanted after that, they moved on to Ossus and this daily on Dantooine and probably had onslaught in the works around the time of KotET's launch, at least initially before a lot of the employees were routed to Anthem for a bit.

All that is just a guess though.

Edited by Celise

They did have 3 years to work on 6.0, I wouldnt worry too much

Why not? They are making huge class balance decisions, and there's going to be very little time to test them, let alone make any changes and retest them. Some of the tacticals they've released so far have me worried.

Then there's the multitude of bugs that will be introduced, and whatever other problems that will come up with this big of an update.

I want to play it ASAP, but I would rather they took the time and released it in a good state, instead of another botched release.

Edited by KTap

Hey there,

• Sith Inquisitor
  • Sith Warrior
  • Sorcerer
  • Assassin
  • Juggernaut
  • Marauder

Thanks!

-eric

okay, ttanx, i know i can be a jerk sometimes. So i thank you very much for responding to us. We just want to make this game Awesome.:)

The last year or two? probably, but at a reduced number because of Anthem. the chances are a good number of BW employees were taken off other projects to be put on Anthem in 2017-2018, so it can be launched before this years market first quarter. i'm guessing some point in the middle of 2018 is when some of those employees returned to SWTOR to pick up the time table after just over 3 years and a bit from KotET to this one.

Most likely KotET and the traitor arc were done in advance of KotET's launch and when BW said they were hearing what the players wanted after that, they moved on to Ossus and this daily on Dantooine and probably had onslaught in the works around the time of KotET's launch, at least initially before a lot of the employees were routed to Anthem for a bit.

All that is just a guess though.

Yea thats how it works, they usually work on stuff years before its released.

Why not? They are making huge class balance decisions, and there's going to be very little time to test them, let alone make any changes and retest them. Some of the tacticals they've released so far have me worried.

Then there's the multitude of bugs that will be introduced, and whatever other problems that will come up with this big of an update.

I want to play it ASAP, but I would rather they took the time and released it in a good state, instead of another botched release.

But we havent seen how they compare with amplifiers and we dont know what the tech classes are getting. Trust me when I say this, they have been working on this new gearing system for atleast a year now. And the tacticals and set bonuses that were shown were just the first wave. I wouldnt worry too much, its not that hard to tweak numbers

I think a lot of us are concerned with "Time", and how little we might have. We have /bugs not just for combat, but if the Devs were nice enough to actually let us test the new planets, while also testing the new combat system, the production teams only have a set amount of time on each phase, and each part of Onslaught. What i'm thinking like some of you here is that they are trying to get some finalization done to the new combat system and other parts of Onslaught that we might encounter on PTS.

I think the Devs also want to make sure that we don't see Spoilers that we should not see. Then again i don't know what planets we will have for use of our combat system. I do want the Devs to take our feedback with serious care to and be open minded to us.

Edited by MandFlurry

And remember, the PTS feedback isnt likely to be used to make major changes, inclusions or exclusions. Its likely going to be used for number crunching and tweaking the existing plan they have already set in motion. I have a feeling many of the critics are going into PTS thinking they are going to make sweeping changes, when BW isnt likely to do so.

The roll-out of this has been quite a bit less than ideal. In order for us to provide the best possible feedback, we need to be able to test the changes live. Right now we are all only discussing the changes abstractly, but actually interacting with the new changes would allow us to provide higher-quality feedback. Without experience, we can only offer hypothetical critiques. I had been under the impression that with these class feedback threads, the reopening of PTS for playing that specific class only was going to be included in the mix. Doing so strikes me as the most logical way to do these things.

Put out your announcement, solicit feedback on the post for 1 week (2 at most) then put the subject of the announcement on PTS and wait for valuable feedback based on experience to come in via the various metrics you Devs parse through on your end and player comments on the various for a afforded to us all on the WWW.

Given how many bugs were there in Ossus and Dantooine, and things that still haven't been fixed, even WITH the PTS testing, I'm honestly nervous about the short time frame between now and when 6.0 is supposed to be released. It's not a kind thought perhaps, but I just worry about what game-breaking bugs there will be this time, and I feel like the shorter the testing period, the less time they will have to sort things out.